Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
hotammo has a spectacular aura about hotammo has a spectacular aura about hotammo has a spectacular aura about
Default Advice about changing employer

Hi gurus,
I need your advice on something very important for me.
I've been working for a desi consulting company (who filed my GC) for 5 years. I got my GC in August 08 and am planning to switch. I get paid once a month on 15th for the previous month.

I intend to give them 2 weeks notice as they have been ok with me but am not sure if I do so they will pay me on for the last month.
Is there any law that stipulates that they will have to pay me or can they hold/delay my pay stating one reason or the other?
I have written to my state's Department of Labor asking about this. But sure enough have had no response from them.

The thing is that I would like to end relations on a good note but am unable to trust them.

Any advice would be great.

P.S.: I apologize if there is already a thread discussing a similar issue. (If so, please point me to it)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have copy of the timesheets with you

Have copies of the time sheets with you and keep a record of the 2 week notice and his response.
If he doesn't pay you, you can get your money without any issue. It would take a little longer but you can also make him pay ( I am not referring to your salary here, wich he has to pay anyway), if he forces you to take this longer route.
Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotammo View Post
Hi gurus,
I need your advice on something very important for me.
I've been working for a desi consulting company (who filed my GC) for 5 years. I got my GC in August 08 and am planning to switch. I get paid once a month on 15th for the previous month.

I intend to give them 2 weeks notice as they have been ok with me but am not sure if I do so they will pay me on for the last month.
Is there any law that stipulates that they will have to pay me or can they hold/delay my pay stating one reason or the other?
I have written to my state's Department of Labor asking about this. But sure enough have had no response from them.

The thing is that I would like to end relations on a good note but am unable to trust them.

Any advice would be great.

P.S.: I apologize if there is already a thread discussing a similar issue. (If so, please point me to it)

Old 01-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
hotammo has a spectacular aura about hotammo has a spectacular aura about hotammo has a spectacular aura about

Thanks minimalist,
I guess I wanted to hear this from someone and it gives me a lot of hope.
Labor: Approved - Apr 06
I-140: Approved - Jul 06
I-485: Approved - Aug 08

Participated in High Five Campaign

Old 01-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

if u have trouble call ur local state labor dept....employer HAS to pay for wages worked...its a no brainer..