Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Shiv169 is on a distinguished road
Default RFE -H1B Transfer - Can I start with the new Employer?

HI,

I put down the papers, and started the 3 week notice with my current employer -A, after the new company B recieved the H1 B transfer receipt from USCIS. However, now we have an RFE on the I129 application.

I woud like to know if I can start working with the new company B, while their lawyers furnish the additional paper work for RFE? Is it legally allowed? Or am I required to wait for the transfer to be approved before I could start, because there is an RFE? I have been working with company A for more than 2 years now, and I did submit the relevant pay stubs while applying for the H1 -B transfer.

If it is advisable to wait, the is it Ok to be not working for the time in between? How long can i stay without being on payroll? Because I am not sure how long USCIS can take to sort out the application.

Any comments/ answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote