Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   NJ BUS: Salute for IV Cores. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13571)

laborchic 09-20-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 170268)
that singhsa3 deserves all your accolades here- he struggled for days to get the tri state bus logistics in place...he could not come himself due to pressing commitments but he did ensure that the buses would run...and clearly left the two buses in very capable hands...

also a big thanks to murali for helping with the effort to recruit people for the buses.

i apologise- i do not know the folks who actually led the buses- feels strange to me since i had been butting my head about buses for days- i think i did meet annina (did i get that right?) and i see amit's name here...thanks to both of you for a job well done :)

glad the gurudwara worked out well, i was a bit unsure about it, but they had assured me that you guys would be taken care of...and gurudwaras are traditionally welcoming places...i will be sure to communicate to them how happy you guys were with the arrangements!

So Gurudwara was your idea huh... Everyone agreed that it was a very nice arrangement.. Thanks for that.. I wish I would have gotten a chance to meet you.. Do check out the pics.. Someone have taken Gurudwara pics..

Mukuraj: You showed up for the rally and that important.. Although u'd have had more fun..

Guys have you joined the NJ/NY Chapter Yahoogroup?? If not please do join it .. We have to keep this spirit alive.. Our members know what I am talking about..

Can we arrange a NJ/NY chapter meet soon?? How about around Halloween or any other favorable evening?? Sometimes later next month will be great as most of us should have got their EAD's..

Paskal, Murali, Sanjeev and Chandu please include us in all your efforts..

siravi 09-20-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukuraj (Post 170348)
After reading all this, I feel sorry that I didn't take the bus ride from Metropark.
Mukund

Me too....! I got a ride to DC, thanks to chanduv23. It sounds like you all had a blast! Glad things wroked out so well on the bus.

ygs 09-21-2007 11:50 AM

NJ Bus Ride

Hey Guys,
great summary of our trip and comments on the NJ bus and the rally as a whole. Nothing unique to add so wont be repeatative..but will just say that it was great to see all the efforts come together in support of this event.

IV rocks!

Yusuf.

singhsa3 09-21-2007 01:14 PM

Hi Guys,
I did not get much time to write on the forum since the rally. So I am taking this opportunity to officially thank all the tri state members who were able to make to the rally.
Also, I am glad you all liked the arrangement but it was a team effort, where every active member contributed in his/her own way. I am also glad to see a new enthusiasm among the group.
What we have here now is a sense of being a community bound by a common goal. The rally was just a milestone and so will be getting the green card. Our ultimate goal really should be to preserve this sense of community.
I agree that it is a challange but that would be the real source of our power.
Thanks
Sanjeev

chanduv23 09-23-2007 10:50 PM

Please join the tri state chapter - follow the link on my signature

ps57002 09-23-2007 11:01 PM

I got a ride too from chanduv23 (thanks) so missed out on all the fun you guys/gals seemed to have had. Thank you all for coming to the rally. Wish I could've met you all...

GreenGrass 09-24-2007 10:29 AM

just to add

yes , paskal - you got my name right. i was wondering how we could get an orientation for the lawmakers. yesterday i attended the incredible india show in the city and there was a senior congressman from NY and some others. i am thinking when the iron is still hot if somebody can orient and can help me on the lawmakers /media thing in the tri state area i would like to help.

Jamie had put some very ideas on how to keep striking...
thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 170268)
that singhsa3 deserves all your accolades here- he struggled for days to get the tri state bus logistics in place...he could not come himself due to pressing commitments but he did ensure that the buses would run...and clearly left the two buses in very capable hands...

also a big thanks to murali for helping with the effort to recruit people for the buses.

i apologise- i do not know the folks who actually led the buses- feels strange to me since i had been butting my head about buses for days- i think i did meet annina (did i get that right?) and i see amit's name here...thanks to both of you for a job well done :)

glad the gurudwara worked out well, i was a bit unsure about it, but they had assured me that you guys would be taken care of...and gurudwaras are traditionally welcoming places...i will be sure to communicate to them how happy you guys were with the arrangements!

chanduv23 09-24-2007 11:24 AM

Please join the tri state chapter. It is essential that we build this base. Follow the link in my signature, please create similar signatures and urge others to join.

We are planning for a variety of events in the tri state area. Pleae come up with ideas and we can discuss, the first event we plan to do is a social, laborchic will communicate on this.

We them plan to have a seminar and will try to get some eminent people to the seminar.

So there are many things in store for the tri state area - pleae help build this chapter.

waitingnwaiting 08-08-2012 09:27 AM

Just thought it will inspire many new folks here.