Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MN, WI,IL,OH,PA etc) (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12599)

paskal 08-21-2007 01:41 AM

Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MN, WI,IL,OH,PA etc)

Dear iv members,

Here's the news of the day. An IV bus can take you to DC for the rally in the most wonderful company of your peers and their families. Build a sense of community on the way. Stop worrying about airfares and airport transit. Think of the songs you may sing on the journey and the sense of fiery enthusiasm that will grip you amongst so many motivated volunteers. get your jokes and comedy routines ready or just load up that ipod. We have firm plans for at least one bus. Not to worry though, you folks step forward in numbers and buses shall be no limitation!!

The current plan is for the bus to start in Minneapolis St Paul and travel to DC picking up volunteers in WI (Madison), IL (Chicago) and Ohio. If there are enough respondents from OH and interest from PA, another bus will run that section of the route.

For the NEW ENGLAND bus see the other Bus thread!

Please indicate your interest in the poll and post here with any additional info- where you are and how many people, will the ride help get some friends along too?

See you all in DC 9/18 :cool:

gcpadmavyuh 08-21-2007 12:38 PM

This is great news!

Hi Paskal,

This is great news! I intend to take the bus from MN along with my wife and a 10 month old son.

Any thoughts on when the bus would leave? I would prefer to go the weekend before the rally and help with the pre-rally work.

Checking with my friends if having a bus would motivate them to come along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 150961)
Dear iv members,

Here's the news of the day. An IV bus can take you to DC for the rally in the most wonderful company of your peers and their families. Build a sense of community on the way. Stop worrying about airfares and airport transit. Think of the songs you may sing on the journey and the sense of fiery enthusiasm that will grip you amongst so many motivated volunteers. get your jokes and comedy routines ready or just load up that ipod. We have firm plans for at least one bus. Not to worry though, you folks step forward in numbers and buses shall be no limitation!!

The current plan is for the bus to start in Minneapolis St Paul and travel to DC picking up volunteers in WI (Madison), IL (Chicago) and Ohio. If there are enough respondents from OH and interest from PA, another bus will run that section of the route.

Please indicate your interest in the poll and post here with any additional info- where you are and how many people, will the ride help get some friends along too?

anilsal 08-21-2007 12:58 PM

People

please do not miss out on this opportunity. This was one of the action items that came out of the last mid west conference call.

abhijitp 08-21-2007 01:14 PM

Is the poll for everybody?

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 150961)
Dear iv members,

This is great news for people on the east coast and around.

West coast, don't hesitate to go here
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12441
and find help!

Also, is everybody supposed to vote (maybe not)? I already bought air tickets but am on the west coast (I will be catching an airBUS :)

Green06 08-21-2007 01:39 PM

I will come with my wife and 5 year old. I am motivating some of my friends and their families to join also. Is there any money which we have to pay and how much for the bus ride, I am sure if we are going together then we can find group discounts on hotels etc

anilsal 08-21-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green06 (Post 151251)
I will come with my wife and 5 year old. I am motivating some of my friends and their families to join also. Is there any money which we have to pay and how much for the bus ride, I am sure if we are going together then we can find group discounts on hotels etc

Awesome. It is nice to see people getting their little ones to the rally. It shows your dedication to see a successful rally.

I would not worry about the money aspect now to ride the bus. You are welcome to offer some token amount to ride the bus. :)

paskal 08-21-2007 02:48 PM

bus

iv will help with the cost of the bus
we, as state chapters may decide on token contributions from everyone but that would be about all you have to do...so don't worry, this is the cheap easy fun way to do it! just step up!

paskal 08-21-2007 03:51 PM

join the fun guys!

please spread the word to your friends too
also a bus gives everyone the opportunity to bring families at no real cost
think about that!

PA members, please spread the word in your chapter and amog friends and colleagues. you guys are so very close and it would be an eay effortless ride. be sure to add your families along for the ride. we would really like to have designated PA buses- surely Pittsburgh and Philadelphia lone can fill a few up!

Libra 08-21-2007 04:16 PM

sent you pm

paskal i sent you pm, please respond, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 151361)
please spread the word to your friends too
also a bus gives everyone the opportunity to bring families at no real cost
think about that!

PA members, please spread the word in your chapter and amog friends and colleagues. you guys are so very close and it would be an eay effortless ride. be sure to add your families along for the ride. we would really like to have designated PA buses- surely Pittsburgh and Philadelphia lone can fill a few up!

paskal 08-21-2007 05:15 PM

yo libra :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libra (Post 151392)
paskal i sent you pm, please respond, thanks.

sorry i could not get back to you yesterday- too much happening together!
no pm though in my box!

Libra 08-21-2007 05:25 PM

check one more time, paskal.

paskal 08-21-2007 06:23 PM

bump

c'mon you people..

gc_eb2_waiter 08-22-2007 12:26 PM

Is this poll only for bus riders?

I am coming from WI in my own car with my father and wife. Can you include option(s) like 'Own Riders'/'Other modes of transportation' etc?

Libra 08-22-2007 01:47 PM

bumping

dpp 08-22-2007 02:03 PM

I don't see Indiana IN state. Can i know why you spared it?

paskal 08-22-2007 02:20 PM

terrible oversight!

sorry IN members...put it down to lack of sleep :D

hence corrected

dpp 08-22-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 152067)
sorry IN members...put it down to lack of sleep :D

hence corrected

Thanks, I am in.

paskal 08-22-2007 03:42 PM

Folks from peoria/blommington IL

please vote here so we can add you in!

nshantha 08-22-2007 04:01 PM

Hi Janilsal, Is there any way you can help Peoria and Blooming people to get Bus Ride

Hi Janilsal,

We are planning to arrange some people in Peoria, Bloomington,IL.

Is there any way you can help Peoria and Bloomington people to get Bus Ride

Thanks,

Ca
Quote:

Originally Posted by janilsal (Post 151276)
Awesome. It is nice to see people getting their little ones to the rally. It shows your dedication to see a successful rally.

I would not worry about the money aspect now to ride the bus. You are welcome to offer some token amount to ride the bus. :)

nshantha 08-22-2007 04:03 PM

Paskal,

If we get help for Bus ride then we can take some initiative to arrange the people, otherwise we three people are planning to fly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 152198)
please vote here so we can add you in!

paskal 08-22-2007 04:06 PM

if you guys are adding on...

the bus is a virtual certainty.
can you get to chicago or is that going to be a hard one?

nshantha 08-22-2007 04:11 PM

Chicago is 3 hrs drive from Peoria.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 152242)
the bus is a virtual certainty.
can you get to chicago or is that going to be a hard one?

waltz 08-22-2007 04:34 PM

i wish i could go but i don't have any vacation days left for the year and we're also down in head count so i'm covering two people's work:(

paskal 08-22-2007 04:53 PM

peoria-chicago

Quote:

Originally Posted by nshantha (Post 152251)
Chicago is 3 hrs drive from Peoria.

trying to figue this one out

so far options are

1. if >1 person ?rent a car?
2. amtrak, can you catch it from nay of these places?
http://www.amtrak.com/images/maps/illinoisroutes.htm
3. greyhound?

what i would suggest is, get the number of people you hope will come from the area- then we can help you figure out the best way to do this...

paskal 08-22-2007 04:56 PM

there are new options folks

check them out!

nshantha 08-22-2007 05:13 PM

Let me talk to other people, may be we can think of Rental van.
Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 152310)
check them out!

Libra 08-22-2007 06:27 PM

I feel very bad, on july receipts tracking threads members are just pouring and polling, more than 1300 members, whereas contribution, merchandise, bus ride threads, we have to keep bumping them so that they can see when they get time off that threads. they are just worried abt the receipts but nothing.

bijualex29 08-23-2007 10:45 AM

Any way I can get a ride from Ohio, From Cincinnati or Dayton or Columbus etc or from Lexington etc

paskal 08-23-2007 11:59 AM

route

just looking at google maps- preliminary search yet
the route seems to go past loraine, toledo,akron, youngstown
don't see why cleveland folks can't hop on
from columbus you probably need a small drive to any convenient place

paskal 08-23-2007 01:56 PM

rides within OH

Strongly suggest OH guys get together and consider carpools or rides to the bus meeting point.

OR: this goes for IL/PA/IN also
Members who cannot go to the rally despite their motivation- please consider running a group of people to and from the bus meeting point- your efforts in providing a ride would be invaluable!

Could an IL members please volunteer to run down to Bloomington and/or Peoria and bring in a bunch of people to the bus meeting point? Again- this would be an excellent way to contribute if you can't come!

Libra 08-23-2007 02:03 PM

Paskal, can you add bus info on the flyer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 152946)
Strongly suggest OH guys get together and consider carpools or rides to the bus meeting point.

OR: this goes for IL/PA/IN also
Members who cannot go to the rally despite their motivation- please consider running a group of people to and from the bus meeting point- your efforts in providing a ride would be invaluable!

Could an IL members please volunteer to run down to Bloomington and/or Peoria and bring in a bunch of people to the bus meeting point? Again- this would be an excellent way to contribute if you can't come!

paskal 08-23-2007 02:58 PM

flyer

will work on it

MN folks: busy weekend ahead
IAM celebration Saturday
Telegu Society meeting Sunday

need active volunteers!

paskal 08-23-2007 04:37 PM

To DC!

the road to your GC
goes through DC!
join us on the journey...

see you in DC 9/18

paskal 08-23-2007 09:27 PM

bumping

60 (or who know how many more) now pages on a receipt thread
and impossible to keep rally threads up......

think.

Libra 08-24-2007 11:37 AM

So far only 26 votes, guys whats happening, reciept thread got 1600 votes. nshantha did you get a chance to talk to your friends? please let us know.

Libra 08-24-2007 02:08 PM

bumping

anilsal 08-26-2007 12:55 AM

People from Peoria and Bloomington

Why don't you folks drive up to Chicago and park cars here? We can get some people here in Chicago to help out in parking.

yvjoshi100 08-26-2007 10:22 PM

Memebers from IL going to DC for rally

I am planning to go to DC and have booked my tickets, but would like to know if we have any arrangement for common bus going from IL/Car and hotel sharing at DC.Members from IL pl respond.

Libra 08-27-2007 10:58 AM

there is a bus starting at minneapolis and picking up people on the way, if you are from IL and want to join us we are more than happy and reg accomodation if you need help you can also go to
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12565
and leave your info so that IV can contact you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvjoshi100 (Post 154794)
I am planning to go to DC and have booked my tickets, but would like to know if we have any arrangement for common bus going from IL/Car and hotel sharing at DC.Members from IL pl respond.

Libra 08-28-2007 03:12 PM

bump