Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MA,VT,ME,RI,NH,CT) (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12628)

dtekkedil 08-22-2007 07:19 PM

Important!!

People who are signing up for the bus from MA, NH, VT, ME and RI please also let us know the number of people that will be accompanying you.

In case you do not want to join the email group, please send me a PM.

sajidmd 08-22-2007 10:48 PM

Hi,

Can you post the tentavie start time for this Bus ?
I am in Hartford, CT. I would be attending the event. I know couple of other friends would also be joining from Boston. We are still discussing Car vs Bus.

Posting a tentavie time & route will help people like us. (I know this can always change)

Cheers !!

dtekkedil 08-22-2007 11:21 PM

Tentative times

Hello sajid,

As of now, we plan to start from Woburn, MA at about 6:00-6:30PM. Assuming a 12 hour drive (including all the stops), we expect to reach DC by about 6:00 AM on Sept 18th and start our return journey at about 5:00 or 6:00 PM on the 18th.

As for the route, the most direct route would be Rt 95 to Rt 90(via Framingham, Hartford, New Haven) to CT.

We will have a bus from MA only if we have enough people (about 40). Otherwise, we plan to rent one or more 10-12 seaters and drive to CT where we will join the CT group in their bus.

This is a tentative plan. We can only make concrete plans once we know the actual number of people (and their locations) who will be joining us.

dtekkedil 08-22-2007 11:29 PM

MA chapter OUTDOOR meet

The MA chapter will be organizing an outdoor meet at Nashua, NH

The Date: August 26th, 2007
The Time: Starting 11:00 Am EST

This meet will include food\barbecue and fun and games. All MA, NH, ME, RI, VT chapter members please let us know if you are coming. Please PM me or join the email group for further details - Click on the link below to join

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MA_Immigration_Voice

deardar 08-23-2007 10:13 AM

Please stop by just to say "hello". We would like to meet ya .

Sincerely,

deardar 08-23-2007 01:20 PM

Its an A/C bus :D

swede 08-23-2007 01:53 PM

If you want things to change, all you need to do is get on the bus. (Seldom you get everything arranged for you like this.)

If you want to wait and be mistreated for 10+ years while waiting for your green card, stay at home.

Your choice.

(I'm not arranging this, but I hope people make use of this opportunity to change theirs and other's future lives to the better.)

deardar 08-23-2007 04:12 PM

free refreshments aboard the bus

pretzels banned on this bus :eek:

akhilmahajan 08-23-2007 04:19 PM

Power Windows?

Are there power windows?

Just kidding. Also lets bumping up the sunday meet thread also.

paskal 08-23-2007 05:28 PM

thanks

swede for the simple straightforward lines that hit the nail on the head.
surely people can understand something out so clearly and effectively.
or maybe not???

mpadapa 08-23-2007 05:35 PM

yes

Yes its an
AC bus going to DC for GC applicants:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by deardar (Post 152861)
Its an A/C bus :D

diptam 08-23-2007 11:53 PM

comment on Tentative Times

Man,
Can we start the bus a little late like 7:30 pm from Woburn and start return journey at earlier @4 pm. I'm still 50-50 whether if i would drive or Join others in the bus.

I have to join work on wednesday Sep 19th at any cost !!

anyway - how many folks you got in the bus by now ?

Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by dtekkedil (Post 152612)
Hello sajid,

As of now, we plan to start from Woburn, MA at about 6:00-6:30PM. Assuming a 12 hour drive (including all the stops), we expect to reach DC by about 6:00 AM on Sept 18th and start our return journey at about 5:00 or 6:00 PM on the 18th.

As for the route, the most direct route would be Rt 95 to Rt 90(via Framingham, Hartford, New Haven) to CT.

We will have a bus from MA only if we have enough people (about 40). Otherwise, we plan to rent one or more 10-12 seaters and drive to CT where we will join the CT group in their bus.

This is a tentative plan. We can only make concrete plans once we know the actual number of people (and their locations) who will be joining us.

akhilmahajan 08-24-2007 12:40 AM

Diptam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diptam (Post 153399)
Man,
Can we start the bus a little late like 7:30 pm from Woburn and start return journey at earlier @4 pm. I'm still 50-50 whether if i would drive or Join others in the bus.

I have to join work on wednesday Sep 19th at any cost !!

anyway - how many folks you got in the bus by now ?

Thanks

As of right now time and place are tentative. We are trying to find how many ppl are interested in going on the bus. Based on that, we will be deciding what is the best place. Woburn, was suggested because it has a big park and ride area. Just be in touch and we will keep everyone updated.

On the other hand, are you planning to join the local chapter meet on the 26th of august i.e sunday.

Please let us know.

diptam 08-24-2007 12:49 AM

ok

I'm afraid i wont be able to join you guys on Sunday but I'll come to DC at any cost. I'm interested in the bus but if that dont workout i'll drive/fly. Are you leading this bus trip - what's your contact no ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilmahajan (Post 153422)
As of right now time and place are tentative. We are trying to find how many ppl are interested in going on the bus. Based on that, we will be deciding what is the best place. Woburn, was suggested because it has a big park and ride area. Just be in touch and we will keep everyone updated.

On the other hand, are you planning to join the local chapter meet on the 26th of august i.e sunday.

Please let us know.

deardar 08-24-2007 09:40 AM

Good Morning!
Waking up this thread.