Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Boston Tea (Coffee) Meet (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11860)

deardar 08-10-2007 03:01 PM

It stopped raining but is little chilly outside.
Please wear slightly warm clothes and bring an umbrella.

vasa 08-12-2007 01:28 PM

Hi all,
so we did have this meet, i was a little disappointed that only 4 of us turned up for this(akhill was running late and i told him not to come as by the time he would have reached we already disbanded).
so that makes it 5 members. and there were 21 members who signed up for this meet.

anyway, we met each other got to know other's cases and talked and talked.. although there were 4 members we still chatted almost 2 hrs.

one thing that came out of this meet was that there might be at least 3 -4 people (that i know) who are planning to go to sept 18 rally, and that means we can get a car pool going from MA.
i will work with fellow members to see if we can come up with this car pool solution.

i will post some pictures later..

chanduv23 08-12-2007 02:01 PM

You had atleast 4 members. Nice to know. Please do post pics.

We are always getting 10 to 12 members coming forward in Tri State area. Don't know what is happening to folks.

Our community must take active interest and not be like this. Hopefully people will start taking some active interest and initiative

dtekkedil 08-15-2007 12:32 AM

Hello Folks,

Please sign up for the MA chapter Yahoo Groups at -

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MA_Immigration_Voice

This will give us a better means to communicate amongst ourselves, coordinate actions and notify everyone about events.

dtekkedil 08-15-2007 07:23 PM

Anyone interested in meeting this weekend?

We can discuss ideas to raise public awareness about the rally and plans to transport people from MA, NH and Maine.

We need to do this this weekend so that we can execute our plans before it is too late.

I suggest Saturday Afternoon at Burlington Mall. That way we will have Sunday to start executing our ideas :D

dtekkedil 08-16-2007 12:08 AM

Update

Just got back after putting pamphlets into people's mailboxes in my apartment complex. :D

I ran out of printouts! Will be hitting the streets again tomorrow.

Hopefully, people will read it and come forward.

Does anyone know of any Indian Independence day celebrations in MA, NH and ME?

vasa 08-16-2007 12:39 AM

we are having a indian meet this saturday, unfortunately i wont be going as i have to be there at fest organized by our company...
i will see if soime one can take responsibility to get this message going..

vasa 08-16-2007 12:40 AM

sorry dude it wont be possible at least for me this weekend, i have a prior engagement., but i hope some other folks would come forward for a meet

dtekkedil 08-16-2007 09:36 AM

Thats fine

Please spread the word to your friends about the meet. We need to get together and do some brainstorming. The response I am getting from people here is really disheartening!

We need to get a bit more aggressive in spreading the word and convincing people that this is worth it!

akhilmahajan 08-16-2007 09:48 AM

Around 5 i can make it.....

I can make around 5 saturday evening.

paskal 08-16-2007 09:54 AM

chapter leaders

vasa and akhilmahajan

please also check out the state chapter leaders thread
we are keen to help in any way with state chapter development
the new england region is very important for the upcoming rally!

akhilmahajan 08-16-2007 10:00 AM

Joined the chapter.

I have joined the MA state chapter. Waiting fopr approval and will also update my phone number and information as soon as possible.

deardar 08-16-2007 10:11 AM

Dtekkedil,
Are you planning to come to the Indian store this weekend ?
If yes, we can meet briefly.

pappu 08-16-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtekkedil (Post 148101)
Just got back after putting pamphlets into people's mailboxes in my apartment complex. :D

I ran out of printouts! Will be hitting the streets again tomorrow.

Hopefully, people will read it and come forward.

Does anyone know of any Indian Independence day celebrations in MA, NH and ME?

yes very good idea. I too did that in apartment complexes.
I also carry printouts with me in the car whenever I go for shopping. Carry them to the mall and hand out to people you think can become IV members. Other members from all states can use this and we will get lot of publicity and awareness.

dtekkedil 08-16-2007 11:14 AM

How about Saturday?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deardar (Post 148228)
Dtekkedil,
Are you planning to come to the Indian store this weekend ?
If yes, we can meet briefly.

We are planning to meet up Saturday afternoon. I will take the opportunity to go to the Indian stores in Burlington and put up fliers there. Either before our meeting or after.