Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   USCIS correspondence after invoking AC21 (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18197)

mdy_tvr 03-28-2008 05:01 AM

USCIS correspondence after invoking AC21

Hi

If one invokes AC21 and changes employer, does all correspondence will now be directed to the new Lawyer? In other words, the old lawyer( of previous company ) will NOT receive any correspondence from USCIS.

I am assuming that is the case.

Just wanted to confirm to avoid any hassles with previous company's lawyer..

Pls let me know if that is not the case.

Thanx

rolrblade 03-28-2008 08:42 AM

File G-28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdy_tvr (Post 234193)
Hi

If one invokes AC21 and changes employer, does all correspondence will now be directed to the new Lawyer? In other words, the old lawyer( of previous company ) will NOT receive any correspondence from USCIS.

Thanx

The new attorney will receive this information as long as a new G-28 (Notice of Representation) has been filed on the case.

If a new G-28 has not been filed USCIS will assume that you have still retained your old attorney and will send all correspondence to the old old attorney.

BharatPremi 03-28-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdy_tvr (Post 234193)
Hi

Thanx

In many cases your new employer would not come into the picture (Mainly people who may use EAD) and not ready to involve itself in any kind of sponsorship. It is a safe and good practice to keep same lawyer if you have good terms with "old employer" and "old lawyer". If at all you wnat to change the lawyer first you will have to notify USCIS, I think through G-28 form.

mdy_tvr 03-29-2008 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BharatPremi (Post 234231)
In many cases your new employer would not come into the picture (Mainly people who may use EAD) and not ready to involve itself in any kind of sponsorship. It is a safe and good practice to keep same lawyer if you have good terms with "old employer" and "old lawyer". If at all you wnat to change the lawyer first you will have to notify USCIS, I think through G-28 form.

Thanks rolrblade and BharatPremi for the info..

I appreciate that.

noone2day78 03-29-2008 11:33 AM

What should I do if I want to cancel my current lawyer and I don't want to hire a new lawyer...?