Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MN, WI,IL,OH,PA etc) (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12599)

Libra 08-23-2007 02:03 PM

Paskal, can you add bus info on the flyer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by paskal (Post 152946)
Strongly suggest OH guys get together and consider carpools or rides to the bus meeting point.

OR: this goes for IL/PA/IN also
Members who cannot go to the rally despite their motivation- please consider running a group of people to and from the bus meeting point- your efforts in providing a ride would be invaluable!

Could an IL members please volunteer to run down to Bloomington and/or Peoria and bring in a bunch of people to the bus meeting point? Again- this would be an excellent way to contribute if you can't come!

paskal 08-23-2007 02:58 PM

flyer

will work on it

MN folks: busy weekend ahead
IAM celebration Saturday
Telegu Society meeting Sunday

need active volunteers!

paskal 08-23-2007 04:37 PM

To DC!

the road to your GC
goes through DC!
join us on the journey...

see you in DC 9/18

paskal 08-23-2007 09:27 PM

bumping

60 (or who know how many more) now pages on a receipt thread
and impossible to keep rally threads up......

think.

Libra 08-24-2007 11:37 AM

So far only 26 votes, guys whats happening, reciept thread got 1600 votes. nshantha did you get a chance to talk to your friends? please let us know.

Libra 08-24-2007 02:08 PM

bumping

anilsal 08-26-2007 12:55 AM

People from Peoria and Bloomington

Why don't you folks drive up to Chicago and park cars here? We can get some people here in Chicago to help out in parking.

yvjoshi100 08-26-2007 10:22 PM

Memebers from IL going to DC for rally

I am planning to go to DC and have booked my tickets, but would like to know if we have any arrangement for common bus going from IL/Car and hotel sharing at DC.Members from IL pl respond.

Libra 08-27-2007 10:58 AM

there is a bus starting at minneapolis and picking up people on the way, if you are from IL and want to join us we are more than happy and reg accomodation if you need help you can also go to
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12565
and leave your info so that IV can contact you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvjoshi100 (Post 154794)
I am planning to go to DC and have booked my tickets, but would like to know if we have any arrangement for common bus going from IL/Car and hotel sharing at DC.Members from IL pl respond.

Libra 08-28-2007 03:12 PM

bump

maine_gc 08-29-2007 11:21 AM

Admins,

Instead of bumping these threads all the time, can you please stick all bus ride threads on the home page.

Reason: I was talking to a friend last night who is in MN and he said he visits IV ocassioanlly and he did not know about the bus to DC. After hearing about the bus he is considering to attend the rally. Once he decided he will get in touch with someone on this thread

nshantha 08-29-2007 11:55 AM

I posted Flyer in Peoria Temple and two grocery stores in Peoria

Libra,

Still I am working on it.

I posted Flyer in Peoria Temple and two grocery stores in Peoria and also sent an email to Bloomington Mysore Mallige organization to spread accross their members.

Also sent an email to all the IV members of Springfield, Decatur, Champaign and Moline.

Let me try my best to collect the people and then will decide whether to catch bus or hire our rental van.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libra (Post 153662)
So far only 26 votes, guys whats happening, reciept thread got 1600 votes. nshantha did you get a chance to talk to your friends? please let us know.

nshantha 08-29-2007 11:56 AM

Libra,

I posted Flyer in Peoria Temple and two grocery stores in Peoria and also sent an email to Bloomington Mysore Mallige organization to spread accross their members.

Also sent an email to all the IV members of Springfield, Decatur, Champaign and Moline.

Let me try my best to collect the people and then will decide whether to catch bus or hire our rental van.

Quote:

Originally Posted by janilsal (Post 154534)
Why don't you folks drive up to Chicago and park cars here? We can get some people here in Chicago to help out in parking.

Libra 08-29-2007 11:59 AM

thanks for the update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nshantha (Post 156576)
Libra,

new_horizon 08-30-2007 11:13 AM

how about MI

you guys forgot to include michigan from the midwest states. anyway I am flying there along with few other members on the 18th. see you all there.
Go IV!!:D