Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MA,VT,ME,RI,NH,CT) (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12628)

dtekkedil 08-29-2007 04:46 PM

Over 2200 people visited this thread!

Can you believe this, over 2200 people visited this thread and we have less than 50 posts (lot of them from the same people!) and less than 30 people who said that they will join the bus from SIX STATES!!

deardar 08-29-2007 05:03 PM

Is there a detailed/brief doc somewhere circulating which highlights the reason for the Sept 18 rally and how IV has been working behind the scenes to get things rolling for our benefit ?

Lot of ppl know IV but dont visit this site that often .

So I thought , it would be helpful to add this doc to the emails that we send.

What do you say ?

dtekkedil 08-29-2007 07:13 PM

Touche!

We will be doing that for the MA chapter invitation emails.

I will also be adding the document to our email group.

diptam 08-30-2007 05:48 PM

Folks who are Visiting this Thread but Hesitating !!

Respected IV members and Guests,
We all are visiting this thread but still hesitating to Join the Sep18th rally for various reasons.

a) Folks who are hesitating because they haven't participated at any Rally like this in this country earlier please look at the pictures and video of peaceful rally at SanJose and think of the POSITIVE impact and publicity it generated at Media across US.

b) Folks who are hesitating because of lost salary/ lost billrate/ lost vacation day for Sep 18th being Tuesday - Think about the EAD,AP cost for 5 years (atleast) if this Retrogression continues...... With ONLY current 50% Fee increase ......
$304 + $340 = $644 X 5 ~ $3100 (at least) But if you sacrifice Sep 18th working day assuming billrate/salary between in general $50/hr - $100/hr we lose hardly $400 - $800

This is a amazing oppurtunity that IV is arranging BusRide and lets not let it go away from Hand !!!

Good Luck to everyone !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtekkedil (Post 157113)
We will be doing that for the MA chapter invitation
emails. I will also be adding the document to our email group.

diptam 08-30-2007 11:50 PM

Come On New England - Lets fill DC on Sep 18th

~~~~ Bumping up ~~~~~

akhilmahajan 08-31-2007 10:25 AM

Folks

If you are still debating about attending the IV rally on September 18th, I will like to let you know that an IV bus will take you there and drop you back!

dtekkedil 08-31-2007 01:19 PM

Folks from New England

Everyone from New-England. We need your support! This is a GREAT opportunity to have your Green Card worries over with!

We cannot succeed if we do not have the numbers. We were hoping that at least 10000 people would show up out of the 500000 stuck in retrogression and backlogs! It is sad if you do not have the strength and courage to even stand up for yourselves!

Your 485 applications will not save you! It is still limbo! You are not out of the woods until you get your GCs. Are you willing to live like that for another 6 to 20 years???

Join the rally and be a part of history!

BeNormal 09-01-2007 04:24 PM

I plan to attend rally from MA. Whats the plan for buses or car-pooling.
I may inspire a couple of more guys Or contribution at minimum.

Cheers!

diptam 09-01-2007 05:15 PM

Welcome BeNormal to IV and NE State Chapter !!

That will be great if you could bring in couple of more guys .... The team here is pretty charged up for Sep 18th...
Pl Send a PM to dtekkedil and he will call you to provide further details.

Once again - thanks for joining the MA chapter !

Diptam

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeNormal (Post 158885)
I plan to attend rally from MA. Whats the plan for buses or car-pooling. I may inspire a couple of more guys Or contribution at minimum.

Cheers!

deardar 09-03-2007 10:07 AM

Please cooperate to increase the attendance for the rally.
Details can be found on this thread.

deardar 09-04-2007 09:18 AM

If you need further information, please join the yahoo group.

sajidmd 09-04-2007 11:10 AM

Count 3.

I will join you guys from Hartford, CT.
2 of my friends will hopon from Boston.

we are trying to influence other guys we know...

deardar 09-04-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajidmd (Post 159294)
Count 3.

I will join you guys from Hartford, CT.
2 of my friends will hopon from Boston.

we are trying to influence other guys we know...

Did you get in touch with any of ppl organizing this from MA ? if no, we would like to get in touch with you. Can you join the yahoo group ?
You can private message me your number in case you want us to get in touch with you.

Thanks,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MA_Immigration_Voice/

deardar 09-04-2007 03:21 PM

bmping!

bumping

deardar 09-05-2007 08:31 AM

Any one changed their mind to come ?
Please get in touch with us.

Thanks,