Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   EB2 confusing ad (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10103)

ticktoe 07-12-2007 08:55 PM

EB2 confusing ad

PROJECT MANAGERS:
-Min 5 years of Functional and Technical experience.
-Exp with Microsoft .Net OR JAVA Technology
-Bachelors or Masters Degree is preffered.

The above ad sent out by my company is very confusing to me. Please some one help me understand the ad.

I have MS + 2.3 yrs of experience. 2.3 yrs is gained as Programmer analyst/software developer

your ideas are helpful

ticktoe 07-12-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticktoe
PROJECT MANAGERS:

The above ad sent out by my company is very confusing to me. Please some one help me understand the ad.

I have MS + 2.3 yrs of experience. 2.3 yrs is gained as Programmer analyst/software developer

your ideas are helpful

Folks, people who already beenn through this please write. I see there are 50 views but no replies.

rangaswamy 07-12-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticktoe
PROJECT MANAGERS:

your ideas are helpful

I dont think it matters. I have a masters and had about 6 months experience when the posted it. They had posted something similar.. let me see if i can find it.

They probably look for bachelors+ 5 years as equal to masters but other wise they dont care if it is less than 5 years.

Just my guess...

VMH_GC 07-12-2007 10:13 PM

Usually it is 5 Years exp for BS bachelor degree holder and 2 years exp for MS degree holder. I know two of my collegues labor got approved under EB2 in 2006. But they are software engineers.

I would get the exact details tomorrow if possible.

ticktoe 07-12-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMH_GC
Usually it is 5 Years exp for BS bachelor degree holder and 2 years exp for MS degree holder. I know two of my collegues labor got approved under EB2 in 2006. But they are software engineers.

I would get the exact details tomorrow if possible.

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate that.

But if you see the ad, they say PROJECT MANAGERS, but i am now desingnated as software engineer. My employer says that its for the future so PROJECT MANAGER applies for future when you get it.

I don't know if that's correct. Please advice on this.

Thanks