Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MA,VT,ME,RI,NH,CT) (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12628)

akhilmahajan 09-10-2007 01:24 PM

Diptam

Quote:

Originally Posted by diptam (Post 162509)
dearder man,

I need the exact location of the bus start point - is that Anderson station ?

Please also share us a contact phone no - may be yours/Dilip's so that we can get in touch in case we are on the way and stuck in traffic.

Thanks,
Diptam

I think you got the information from the groups email.

We are soon going to send out out an email to the chapter and also paste it on IV website about the routes for the bus starting from MA. We are done talking to all the members about their locations and almost done finalizing the stops on the way.

Sorry for the delay, but it needs to be done in such a way that it helps everyone.

GO IV GO

akhilmahajan 09-10-2007 02:06 PM

If you have any questions.

Folks, if you have any questions about the Bus, please send me a PM.

deardar 09-10-2007 05:12 PM

bump!

deardar 09-11-2007 09:19 AM

Folks the Clock is ticking! Please help yourselves.

deardar 09-11-2007 10:14 AM

Fyi........

For people arriving on buses (ONLY IV Charter Buses) points south and west

Points South

(1) On I-395 North/George Mason Memorial Bridge,Stay in the 2 left lanes and follow directions to US-1/Downtown. (approx 1 mile on Route 1)

(2)Route 1 becomes 14th St SW.

(3) Make a left on Independence Ave and arrive at the intersection of 15th and Independence Ave.

(4) Buses will drop off IV members at the intersection of 15th and Independence and will be parked at RFK stadium.

Points West

(1) I-66 West becomes Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge and becomes Route 50 East/ Constitution ave NW.

(2) Make a left on the 15th Street and go 0.5 miles South and arrive at the intersection of Independence ave and 15th street.

(3) Buses will drop off IV members at the intersection of 15th and Independence and will be parked at RFK stadium.

Points North and East

(1) From 295-S/Baltimore Washington Parkway take the US 50W/ Newyork Ave exit and go aprrox 5 miles

(2) Make a left on to I-395 S and go approx 2 miles

(3) Take the 12th St SW/Downtown exit and Make a left on Independence Ave with in 0.5 mile

(4) Arrive at the Independence ave and 15th street interesection in .5 miles. Buses will drop off IV members and will be parked at RFK Stadium

deardar 09-11-2007 10:15 AM

cont..............

For People departing via IV Charter Buses

There is no pick up available around the US Capitol. IV Charter buses will be parked at the RFK Stadium which is accessible via METRO. The Metro stop is Armory Stadium which is on the Orange/Blue lines and is the 3rd stop from US Capitol South Metro. (Trains towards New Carrollton/ Largo Town Center)

(1) Follow the Walking directions to US Capitol South from the US Capitol West lawn as listed above

(2) Ride the Orange/Blue line to get down at the Armory/Stadium Metro stop.

(3) Walk towards Lot 7 from the Armory stadium. Street Signs will be available from the Metro station

(4) Board the bus and your Bus lead/Driver will get you to your destination

deardar 09-11-2007 01:13 PM

lalala ..... Bus is waiting.

akhilmahajan 09-11-2007 01:32 PM

deardar

Quote:

Originally Posted by deardar (Post 163480)
lalala ..... Bus is waiting.

There is one more vote. The number went to 36.
Any ideas who is it? Is the person in our database already?

yoda 09-11-2007 03:04 PM

For all of you people from New England still sitting on the fence whether to make it or not for the rally, please read Pappu's note below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappu (Post 163613)
Everyone, This rally will be a huge success.
We have all permits for this rally and we are communicating with Police, important offices etc. Everything is fully planned, peaceful and in order. Nobody except IV is allowed to protest on that day. Lawyer Murthy and Greg have already mentioned on their site that there is nothing to worry. Infact this rally will 100% increase our chances for relief for us soon. We even have some very important guests in the rally events and we are getting lot of support from everywhere for this rally. You should not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity.You all will be part of something that helped the entire community. Now all we need is YOU. Do come in large numbers so that the number ten thousand also looks very small.

Folks, don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity. THE BUS is waiting, all you have to do is hop onto it. Car pools have been organized; get in touch with us and we will make it easy for you.

deardar 09-11-2007 03:04 PM

what 's handle!

akhilmahajan 09-11-2007 03:08 PM

i dont know

Quote:

Originally Posted by deardar (Post 163632)
what 's handle!

i thought u will have a better idea, i just wanted to make aware of that. Will look into in sometime.

srikondoji 09-11-2007 03:18 PM

Akhil,
I am trying to find a link to the petition you mentione din yesterday's CC.
Post a link here or send me a PM.
--sri

akhilmahajan 09-11-2007 03:47 PM

Here is the link

Quote:

Originally Posted by srikondoji (Post 163644)
Akhil,
I am trying to find a link to the petition you mentione din yesterday's CC.
Post a link here or send me a PM.
--sri

Sri, here is the link http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13204
You need to download it.

I will also be putting it in the files at the yahoo state chapter group.

Hope this helps.

dtekkedil 09-11-2007 07:56 PM

News!! Support from governors from 12 states

News!! Support from governors of 12 states!

http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/press-release/7381/

deardar 09-12-2007 09:27 AM

Are you taking the BUS ?