Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MA,VT,ME,RI,NH,CT) (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12628)

deardar 09-05-2007 09:49 AM

Just 24 hours of your time will make a difference.
Please sign up.

dtekkedil 09-05-2007 12:58 PM

Send me a PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajidmd (Post 159294)
Count 3.

I will join you guys from Hartford, CT.
2 of my friends will hopon from Boston.

we are trying to influence other guys we know...

Hello everyone,

Could all of you that took part in the polls PM me details about the people that will be accompanying you in the bus?

I need the following information:

1) Name
2) IV Handle if any
3) No. of people accompanying them
4) Tel number (preferably cell)
5) Location
6) Are they sure that they are coming
7) Email address (to convey latest bus information to them)

We need to collect this information and plan out the bus routes and stops. This is URGENT!

We also need to ensure that no person is counted twice. You may have friends who told you that they are coming but if those friends have already talked to us directly, we will be counting them twice.

I would appreciate it if you can provide me with the same information about yourselves too.

Thanks,

Dilip

deardar 09-05-2007 03:24 PM

Folks,
Just a week left to arrange and finalize. Please let us know your thoughts and
plans.

Visitors, please contact us in case you need more information.

akhilmahajan 09-05-2007 03:30 PM

Folks.

We have the Bus ready waiting for you to join. Come on Folks lets do it for yourself, your family, your career.

There is a lot at stake and you know that very well. Please come forward and share your thoughts with us. If you are not coming let us know, may be we can help you in one way or the other.

dtekkedil 09-05-2007 03:40 PM

Bus is Booked!

Okay folks we have booked the MA bus.

It will start from Woburn (Anderson RTC) at 6:30 PM - This place has a convenient Park and Ride setup with overnight parking. Folks along I-495 in MA, I hope Framingham (another Park and Ride facility) isn't too far off for them to catch the bus?

We plan to go on I-95 South, I-90 West, I-84, I-95S... through Hartford and New Haven in CT.

Folks who have signed up, please come forward and let us know your locations so that we can work out pick up points along the way.

Folks in CT, please let us know of good pickup points along the route. Ensure that those points have good overnight parking available. Also, when you decide to carpool, remember that we will be returning late in the night!

We have a 55 seater and have a few more seats are available. So if your friends are interested, ask them to make a decision ASAP.

Waiting for your PMs or email

My email: deleap AT Yahoo DOT com

reachinus 09-05-2007 03:49 PM

I woul like to...

HI there,

I would like to take part in the rally. I am from Bristol, CT. Please let me know where can I join you people and at what time will we return.

Thanks.

reachinus 09-05-2007 04:06 PM

thanks

thanks for the reply.

yoda 09-05-2007 04:06 PM

Now or Never for NE folks!

All right NE folks,

Its now or never! The bus has been booked, pickup locations identified or in the process of being identified. What is stopping you from participating in the rally and helping you and your family? This day off from work and your presence will go a very long way in assuring the major future decisions for you and your family.

Please come forward, become a member (if not not already one), participate in the poll and let Dilip(dtekkedil) know if you and someone else will join in the rally.

It's about time we brought our issues in front of the Capitol Hill.

chintu25 09-05-2007 04:16 PM

Guys Inspite my all excitement and efforts I will not be able to make it to the Rally due to some pressing circumstances at wrk ...Nevertheless I will sponsor upto 2 tickets for amyone interested to join in from MI
Please email me or call me
Thanks

dtekkedil 09-05-2007 04:24 PM

Current Bus schedule

Start from Woburn at 06:30 PM
Reach DC\Virginia at 06:00 AM (considering all stops and pickups (assuming an average of 20 mins detour & wait at 6 pickup points))

09-18-07
06:00 AM to 08:30 AM (Freshen up, breakfast etc)
08:30 AM to 09:00 AM (reach Washington Memorial)
09:00 AM to 11:00 AM Rally Sign up & Registration

11:00 AM Rally starts
12:30 PM Rally reaches Capitol
03:00 PM Rally completes

03:30-05:30 - find all members, assemble at pickup point, board bus
05:30 PM Start return journey

09-19-07
04:30 AM reach Woburn (considering traffic + drop offs + dinner along the way)

We should reach New Haven at about 1:00 AM, Hartford at around 1:45 AM

dtekkedil 09-05-2007 04:26 PM

We are incharge of CT folks

Quote:

Originally Posted by deardar (Post 160031)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12567&page=8

Talk to this guy Chandu and he will be able to give u more information on the BUS from CT. In case you dont get him please let me know and I will get in touch with him for you.

We are in charge of the CT folks. We will be picking them up on the way. So they should be talking to either me or Akhilmahajan.

deardar 09-05-2007 04:32 PM

My apologies.

dtekkedil 09-05-2007 04:34 PM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chintu25 (Post 160048)
Guys Inspite my all excitement and efforts I will not be able to make it to the Rally due to some pressing circumstances at wrk ...Nevertheless I will sponsor upto 2 tickets for amyone interested to join in from MI
Please email me or call me
Thanks

Hello chintu,

Sorry you cannot make it but your support is much appreciated! You should PM Paskal about your contribution. I believe they have a separate fund for rally travel support.

deardar 09-05-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reachinus (Post 160024)
HI there,

I would like to take part in the rally. I am from Bristol, CT. Please let me know where can I join you people and at what time will we return.

Thanks.

Talk to Dtekkedil or Akhil Mahajan and they will schedule to pick you up.

akhilmahajan 09-05-2007 04:43 PM

Calling him today evening.

I have got his phone number and will be calling him in the evening. So, i think will try to find a good place where we can pick him up.