Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php)
-   Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   counselor processing with latest situation (https://archive.immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10719)

jonty_11 07-19-2007 09:59 PM

counselor processing with latest situation

What happens if we apply for CP instead of AOS.

Since dates are already retrogessed as per Aug Bulletin....we will be able to get an appt for CP in home country?

Any details on process of CP and clarifications given this unique situation will be appreciated..

Can we go for CP if I-140 is still pending?

Waitingnvain 07-19-2007 10:35 PM

Most probably your application will be denied for misspelling consular.

RandyK 07-19-2007 10:38 PM

cP

You can't apply for CP without I-140 approval.

Until CP app gets approved a visa number will not be allocated

OLDMONK 07-19-2007 11:08 PM

wanted to PM you for correction but your inbox is full.

Consular Jonty_11

and i just saw that someone else corrected you before me. So never mind.

I think CP is a totally different animal and has its own regulations, You specify CP (my guess) right from your labor stage. I remember filling out my labor and 140 with that detail. And for those cases Visa Number has to be there to even consider for an appointment. Which means you have to be having a very old PD to be able to do that and the denial rate is very high in comparision to filing it here.

In a nutshell you dont want CP until forced into that as the only option.

sparky123 07-19-2007 11:25 PM

Denial rate?

Oldmonk,

Can you please let us know from where you figured out CP is risky? I checked cptracker.com and almost all of them seem to have positive experiences.

I tried a google search and everywhere they say that, unless there is a gray area in the case (out of status sometime), and provided all the paperwork is in order, CP is the best choice.

Of course, it involves the extra hassle of getting police clearances, medicals in home country and travel to home country.

Can you please clarify?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDMONK
wanted to PM you for correction but your inbox is full.

Consular Jonty_11

and i just saw that someone else corrected you before me. So never mind.

I think CP is a totally different animal and has its own regulations, You specify CP (my guess) right from your labor stage. I remember filling out my labor and 140 with that detail. And for those cases Visa Number has to be there to even consider for an appointment. Which means you have to be having a very old PD to be able to do that and the denial rate is very high in comparision to filing it here.

In a nutshell you dont want CP until forced into that as the only option.

chaks7 07-19-2007 11:42 PM

both CP and 485 are at same risk; CP is better if ur PD is current or going to be current in the near future. With CP u get a temp greencard before u get a permanent greencard. With 485 u will get EAD and AP and keep renewing these till u get ur greencard. But the risks are the same. But the PDs need to be current or close to current for CP. With the recent Aug visa bulletin as there are no visa numbers available CP is toss-up. Who knows how long its going to take.