Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD renewal -how long does it take?

I live in California. I have mailed my EAD renewal documents to the new Arizona lockbox facility as per the new I-765 instructions. The docs reached there on 04/19 and signed by J.ESTRADA. How long does it typically take for USCIS to cash the check? I read in some of the forum posts that the EAD processing has slowed down with the new lockbox facilities.

Thanks,
AjaySri
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I am applying for renewal of our EAD (wife and mine) today via efile. Can someone please reply and let me know if PAR - PAROLEE is the right selection for these 2 entries.

Manner of last entry PAR - PAROLEE
Current immigration status PAR - PAROLEE

I know PAROLEE is the right option but their are so many Parolee selection that it is confusing.

We both are on EAD and used AP after we returned from India in Jan 2010.

Thanks and appreciate the help.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
sanjay02 has a spectacular aura about sanjay02 has a spectacular aura about

Hi
Im in CA, mailed my EAD renewal to Phoenix lock box on Apr 15th. No checks cashed yet. On the other note on 4/8/2010 I had sent in my AP renewal (Paper file) the checks were cashed today 4/21/2010. I received an email with recpt # and it says it was routed to Nebraska service center. I dont know the reason why they have to put Phoenix lock box in new form?

If they had mentioned Nebraska, i could have mailed it my self it would have saved time.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2004
Compare
gene77 is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay02 View Post
Hi
Im in CA, mailed my EAD renewal to Phoenix lock box on Apr 15th. No checks cashed yet. On the other note on 4/8/2010 I had sent in my AP renewal (Paper file) the checks were cashed today 4/21/2010. I received an email with recpt # and it says it was routed to Nebraska service center. I dont know the reason why they have to put Phoenix lock box in new form?

If they had mentioned Nebraska, i could have mailed it my self it would have saved time.
I am in the same situation - mailed AP applications which were delivered on 4/13 to Phoenix lockbox.

Check have not been encashed yet - wonder if our applications are en route to NSC now?

USCIS - keeps us on the edge, love it!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lagsam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaysri View Post
I live in California. I have mailed my EAD renewal documents to the new Arizona lockbox facility as per the new I-765 instructions. The docs reached there on 04/19 and signed by J.ESTRADA. How long does it typically take for USCIS to cash the check? I read in some of the forum posts that the EAD processing has slowed down with the new lockbox facilities.

Thanks,
AjaySri
I fedexed ours on 4/2 and received 4/5 in Arizona based on fedex confirmation.

Got email and text notice on Saturday 4/17. Based on Text and email, Arizona received it on 4/15 and checks were cashed on 4/17.

I got LIN**** numbers on the email and text.

Also the email and text mentioned that they routed it to Nebraska.

Now just waiting for the Paper Receipt.

Last edited by lagsam; 04-21-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
probe is a glorious beacon of light probe is a glorious beacon of light probe is a glorious beacon of light probe is a glorious beacon of light probe is a glorious beacon of light probe is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnf View Post
Hi,

I am applying for renewal of our EAD (wife and mine) today via efile. Can someone please reply and let me know if PAR - PAROLEE is the right selection for these 2 entries.

Manner of last entry PAR - PAROLEE
Current immigration status PAR - PAROLEE

I know PAROLEE is the right option but their are so many Parolee selection that it is confusing.

We both are on EAD and used AP after we returned from India in Jan 2010.

Thanks and appreciate the help.
I e-filed my EAD recently I selected PAROLEE for both . I presume that would be the right option to select. I don't think those are mandatory fields for EAD application submission .Better to provide more info than slapped with a RFE.

EB3 India (RIR) PD DEC 2003
I-140 approved Aug 2007 TSC
I-485 sent to NSC Jul 29
I-485 RD JUL 30
I-485 ND SEP 6 NSC

Old 04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lagsam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene77 View Post
I am in the same situation - mailed AP applications which were delivered on 4/13 to Phoenix lockbox.

Check have not been encashed yet - wonder if our applications are en route to NSC now?

USCIS - keeps us on the edge, love it!
It took 10 days for Arizona to cash checks and sent a text and email. Then they routed to Nebraska.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

This whole lockbox arrangement reminds me so much of the Backlog Elimination Centers for pre-PERM labor certifications. These centers perhaps created bigger backlogs than they eliminated. It seems this whole lockbox thing is causing more delays...way to go USCIS...nice job creating more redundant processes!!
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future
Thumbs up E-Filing is Much Faster

E-Filed on Thu got paper receipts in mail on Monday... and amount deducted from CC couple days after that.

If you hve an option - E-File its much Faster and Accurate!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
GCVictim is a splendid one to behold GCVictim is a splendid one to behold GCVictim is a splendid one to behold GCVictim is a splendid one to behold GCVictim is a splendid one to behold GCVictim is a splendid one to behold GCVictim is a splendid one to behold
Default renewal date

My EAD is expiries on 08/24/2010. What is the best time or when can start renewal process? is it ok, if If I apply on 04/25/2010. it will be less than 120 days only.

I-485 receipt notice date -07/02/2007
GC Approved on 12/12/20111

Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute

I read in the I-765 instructions form that an Interim EAD can be issued if the EAD renewal case is pending for 90 days. I hope that such a situation should not arise, but is this a viable backup option? Is the procedure for getting the interim EAD documented any where?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by probe View Post
I e-filed my EAD recently I selected PAROLEE for both . I presume that would be the right option to select. I don't think those are mandatory fields for EAD application submission .Better to provide more info than slapped with a RFE.
Thanks, appreciate the quick reply.
I will select "PAR - Parolee" for both options.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all

Forgive me if I am missing the point here... Why send it to AZ when it is re-routed to Nebraska? Is there a requirement to send it to the AZ lockbox? or can it be sent directly...

Old 04-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

e-filed today and the Confirmation receipt says send supporting documents to the USCIS Texas service center. I live in North carolina and always send documents to that service center. Not sure if it stays the same for efile people.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the USCIS Form Instructions
links listed at the following Internet address: USCIS Home Page
DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you
are submitting.
DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by USCIS.

Please mail in any supporting documentation to this address:
U.S. Mail:
USCIS Texas Service Center
Attn: E-Filed I-765
PO BOX 852401
Mesquite, TX 75185-2401

Old 04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
baba84 is a jewel in the rough baba84 is a jewel in the rough baba84 is a jewel in the rough

What option needs to be choosen for "Manner of last entry into the US"? if one is on EAD?