Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/04/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pathiren has a spectacular aura about pathiren has a spectacular aura about pathiren has a spectacular aura about
Default H1B sponsorship for pharmacist

Hi,
My wife is looking for H1 sponsorship for this year as a pharmacist. She is currently working with CVS (who will be doing her H1B), but I have a very strong suspicion that they will miss the april deadline. Any Help would appreciated.

Thanks.

Contributed $100.00
2010 DC Rally
Labor Applied: Nov'07
Labor Approved: Jan'08
140 Applied: Feb'08
140 Approved: Sep'08
485 : Still Waiting

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default what status is she currently working on

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathiren View Post
Hi,
My wife is looking for H1 sponsorship for this year as a pharmacist. She is currently working with CVS (who will be doing her H1B), but I have a very strong suspicion that they will miss the april deadline. Any Help would appreciated.

Thanks.
i dont think anyone will miss the april deadline this year.. most ppl are not filing for H1...look at the economy.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

I have a strong feeling that this year there is NOT going to be more than 65,000 H-1B applications. I would be extremely surprised if there is! Grassley is going to throw a hissy fit is he finds out that more "Indian immigrants" are coming to "take over" the US.

Coming to your query, I urge you not to get your wife into the consulting mess. There is already enough trouble for consultants for things like sitting on the bench, working at a location not specified on the LCA, etc. I'm not saying your wife's case is/will be fraudulant, but the way consulting companies work, I would stay away from them if I were you. Besides, I don't think any desi consulting company is willing to file an H-1B these days, and even if they did, and your wife wanted to keep the CVS job, I doubt if CVS will work with contractors.

I'm sure if CVS has told your wife they will file her work permit, then they will. If you are only worried about the timing issue, well, I really don't have a solution for that. But always remember, IT IS BETTER TO BE SAFE (legal) THAN SORRY!

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer View Post
I have a strong feeling that this year there is NOT going to be more than 65,000 H-1B applications. I would be extremely surprised if there is! Grassley is going to throw a hissy fit is he finds out that more "Indian immigrants" are coming to "take over" the US.

Coming to your query, I urge you not to get your wife into the consulting mess. There is already enough trouble for consultants for things like sitting on the bench, working at a location not specified on the LCA, etc. I'm not saying your wife's case is/will be fraudulant, but the way consulting companies work, I would stay away from them if I were you. Besides, I don't think any desi consulting company is willing to file an H-1B these days, and even if they did, and your wife wanted to keep the CVS job, I doubt if CVS will work with contractors.

I'm sure if CVS has told your wife they will file her work permit, then they will. If you are only worried about the timing issue, well, I really don't have a solution for that. But always remember, IT IS BETTER TO BE SAFE (legal) THAN SORRY!
He is saying CVS doing her filing. So I dont believe she is going to sit in the bench. It should be permemanent employment for CVS.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

You probably missed his question. He is worried that CVS might not file her H-1B in a timely manner which would result in her missing a chance at the lottery. As a back up, he wants to file through a consulting company.

It is in the title of the thread - H1B sponsorship for pharmacist
Also in the first line - My wife is looking for H1 sponsorship for this year as a pharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
He is saying CVS doing her filing. So I dont believe she is going to sit in the bench. It should be permemanent employment for CVS.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all
Default check category for employer ( they might be exempt)

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Check what category they file for her h1, being a pharmacist she might qualify for visa cap exempt for medical professions.

** Contributed $200 & Pledged for $100 every month **
- 485 receipt received : Sept 17th
-EAD - Card production ordered - Sept 24th
-485: NSC - Mailed july 25th. Received jul 26
-140: TSC - Approved Jul/aug 07
-Labor: TSC - June 06

Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
skp07 is a jewel in the rough skp07 is a jewel in the rough skp07 is a jewel in the rough skp07 is a jewel in the rough

First of all, what is her status? i.e. pharmacist licensed or FPGE certified or just starting? 2nd question is which state U R looking at? If in arizona, CVS is a better option, if in east coast try wal-mart.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute

Most medical professions are cap exempt.
But since CVS is a 'for-profit' company it may not qualify....

Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default not exempt

unfortunately pharmacists are not cap exempt. they have to go thru the same process like us. yes better to go thru CVS than thru other means. call the CVS counsul officer, and tell him/her the urgency of your situation. Of course your wife will have to call. further they wouldn't also want to miss the filing date, 'coz they have already invested in her by having employed her already. and pharmacies are hard pressed to find pharmacists in most states.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/19/2013
Chargeability
:
Gabon
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GabonpharmD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
I hope you found yur suspicion to be unfounded. I am a F1 about to graduate from pharmacy school in the US and currently work in TN. I got in touch with the CVS lawyers on March the 25th and found out that by some twist ( having completed all my degree requirement before April 1st) I was eligible for H1B filing. They were very professional and fast; in no time they helped me put my paperwork together. I opted for premium processing; they filed it on time on April first and on April 10th, my petition was processed and approved. I am a H1B and I have not even gotten my pharmD yet !!!( May 29th) my OPT has not even been approved yet!!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/19/2013
Chargeability
:
Gabon
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemcell View Post
Most medical professions are cap exempt.
But since CVS is a 'for-profit' company it may not qualify....
This is where it get tricky. pharmacist are NOT CAP exempt because they are still pharmacist out there practising pharmacy with a bachelor (Rph). So, in the eyes of immigration laws it's like pharmD r not a doctorate in the same title as MD. The way out is to go hospital or academia.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough
Default Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabonpharmD View Post
I hope you found yur suspicion to be unfounded. I am a F1 about to graduate from pharmacy school in the US and currently work in TN. I got in touch with the CVS lawyers on March the 25th and found out that by some twist ( having completed all my degree requirement before April 1st) I was eligible for H1B filing. They were very professional and fast; in no time they helped me put my paperwork together. I opted for premium processing; they filed it on time on April first and on April 10th, my petition was processed and approved. I am a H1B and I have not even gotten my pharmD yet !!!( May 29th) my OPT has not even been approved yet!!
Are you sure your H1 is approved. It might be accepeted and even processed. And correct your GC filling info.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.

IAm not sure what you mean by they will miss..do you mean..intentionally..? if not my bad ignore it....on the other hand I always thought pharmacists are in demand and if thats the case they would not miss it..

Old 04-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/19/2013
Chargeability
:
Gabon
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittu1991 View Post
Are you sure your H1 is approved. It might be accepeted and even processed. And correct your GC filling info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: EAC*****

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case approved; approval notice e-mailed.

On April 10, 2009, this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is straight from the uscis web site when I put in my receipt number. The law firm send me a pdf of the I -797A, Notice of action statingdates of vality and all.

Now, if all this just means that they are still working on my case..then the system is very confusing and I need more help understanding all this than I tought

Old 04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/19/2013
Chargeability
:
Gabon
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabcla View Post
Dear Sirs/Madams,

In response to GabonPharm.D about her H-1B visa is approved and her Pharm.D degree is about to be graduated very soon, I want to sincerely say "Congratulations" to her. Please work hard in your job because you have the opportunity to develop your career and you are lucky.
**** Anyway, wish you good luck in your pharmacy job and work hard for your career!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Thanks Ab, your post make me realize even more how lucky I am. I was really stress about the H1B..so stressed about it that I paid out of pocket the premium processing fee just to find out ASAP and move on with my life.

I know that in some area of the country the demand is higher. In Tennesse the demand is high, so high that 2 pharmacy schools just opens "at the same time" this year..of course once they graduate they will flood the market, but for now it's seventh heaven here for us foreigns. It's also important to target the right company.

-Target pharmcacy won't file for work visa, I had them on my list on interview day, but my chinese friend went and they told her not to bother, they don't do it.
-Walgreen and wal mart will do it but they wanna send you where they want cz of yur status.
-CVS and Rite aid will do it and location are negociable

But I think the bottom line, when you go to pharmacy school here in the us, is to network while in school. Do not wait until interview day to find an employer. That's what I did, I went to interview day knowing that I already had 2 jobs on the table. I would not stress enough to the one dat r still in school in the us, to work on CPT during school, make connection, make people like you and once you graduate they can tell their boss that this one is staying with me in my area.
My CVS people here are earger to please me, to find me a location that I like, why should they care?. after all I am just another H1B to file for, us pharmd or not. That why I think making connection during school is the key.

just my 2 cents xxxx