Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SunJoshi is on a distinguished road
Default Immigration Bills in 2006

Starting this thread to discuss bills and proposals for 2006. Open for public.

The dabate will help formulate strategies.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2003
Compare
sai is on a distinguished road

What are the bills that are comming up in FEB 2006 ?
Can any one post the details please...

Old 12-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai
What are the bills that are comming up in FEB 2006 ?
Can any one post the details please...
http://www.immigrationforum.org/docu...airmanMark.pdf
Comprehensive Immigration Bill (most prolly in Feb-06)

Old 12-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default IIT Bombay

Any member from IIT Bombay, please contact me ASAP.

We have a very important lead to work with.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Boston Area

We are in need of some volunteers/members in the Boston Area to work with some of our PR leads.

Please come forward to help out.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default Whazzz Upppppppp ..........

Hey Guyz,
Nice to see the heroes of the last fight together again. I was a little confused with the different forums but looks better now. The PDF doc link above for Comprehensive Immigration Bill (Feb-06) is not working can you please post the full link.

Best regards,

Irshad.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

Here you go ....

http://www.immigrationforum.org/docu...airmanMark.pdf

Old 12-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunJoshi
Any member from IIT Bombay, please contact me ASAP.

We have a very important lead to work with.

SJ:

I have left messages for both my cousins. Apparently they are both on vacation, but I hope to hook up with them within the next few days. I am sure both will have excellent connections in IIT (B) circles.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by drirshad
Hey Guyz,
Nice to see the heroes of the last fight together again. I was a little confused with the different forums but looks better now. The PDF doc link above for Comprehensive Immigration Bill (Feb-06) is not working can you please post the full link.

Best regards,

Irshad.
Irshad welcome!
Gear up for another dogfight :-)

Old 12-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,

I was looking at the bill by Arlen Specter.

Title III Section 312 on page 7 and Title 5 Section 501 on page 8 are definately something to keep an eye out for and channel our efforts in every which way to make sure that stay in the bill and are not thrown out by any committee, subcommitee etc. in House or Senate.

Any thoughts anyone?

Old 12-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

That is correct. Section 312, 501, 502, 503 are the sections in this bill that we are pursuing in Comprehensive immig bill. The bigger task is to introduce the bill in House with the same provisions.

Old 12-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default US News article. This is interesting.

US news has covered a book by David Heenan -- "Flight Capital" that essentially deals with the fact that high powered immigrants are leaving this country -- for whatever reason -- and how its bad for America. BAD FOR AMERICA. forget about it being bad of GC aspirants. ITS BAD FOR AMERICA. And we have one of america's own high powered former CEO saying that

http://www.flight-capital.com/

This man has no vested interested in talking about this. Obviously he does not need a GC and he is not on H1. He makes our case. How anti-immigration congressional measure are hurting America as a nation as much as it hurts aspiring immigrants.

Old 12-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Hello Logiclife,

The information you provided is very useful. Will go look for David Heenan's book.

Here is the book that I am trying to read - 'Flight of the Creative Class' by Dr. Richard Florida. Here is the extract from this book -

Chapter 4 – The Closing of America? - Page 112
The rejection rate of H-1B visas (also called “high-skilled visas”), which allow professionals who are not U.S. citizens to work in the country for up to six years, increased from 9.5 to 17.8 percent between 2001 and 2003.

Chapter 4 – The Closing of America? - Page 117
By 2003, antiterrorism measures began to catch up not just with visa applications but also with requests for more permanent U.S. residence. Thanks to delays in the processing of green-card applications, only 705,827 people became legal permanent residents that year, down from 1.06 million in 2002. This decline is the steepest since 1953, when Joseph McCarthy stoked fears that Communists were invading the government and general population. Nearly half of those affected by the government slowdown in 2003 were foreign students, workers, and others already residing in the U.S. and hoping to become permanent residents. Such figures may understate the extent of the problem-which were backlogged to more than 6 million by the end of the fiscal year 2003. Of these over 6 million people whose legal lives as residents were put on hold, roughly 3.6 million have had applications pending for more than six months.

The practical, everyday implications of such a wait can be exasperating. Without a green card, many immigrants are prohibited from traveling, denied the benefit of in-state tuition rates, or even put at risk for job loss and deportation if the wait goes on too long. These risks accrue not only to individuals and families but to the businesses that hire them and need their skills.

There is lot more to share but I am not able to put all this on the discussion forum thread. Will add more to this later.

Here is the link to Dr. Florida's site : http://www.creativeclass.org/.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mchundi is on a distinguished road

Guys,
Any idea when the new proposals will be implemented if they become law Do we have to wait until Oct for these new proposals to take effect.
--MC

Old 01-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default Rep Jim Kolbe of Arizona

Sorry, although this is an independent thread, I cannot help myself posting the same thing here. Dont want to miss a chance to spread info on this within our retrogression victims:

This according to washingtonpost.com's editorial. See the editorial here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...123100764.html

This House member is apparently retiring in 2007 after serving his current term.

Here is an extract from his article that hits the homerun when it comes to retrogression. (please read this article entirely to get to know what this guy is all about).

We rarely hear about the long and shameful wait of up to five years facing a person seeking to immigrate legally into the United States, or the legitimate cross-border business that finds roadblocks at every turn. Kolbe consistently pushed the government to treat the people caught in this bureaucratic wastelands with respect. To be sure, he was a strong advocate of tougher border enforcement, but he knew that enforcement should be only a single component of a much bigger strategy.

This man is honest, candid and outspoken and unpopular at home(arizona) because of that. But the keyword here is candid and well-informed. If the EB retrogression is presented properly to him, he could be an effective voice in the house.
Now, does anyone live in Arizona's 8th congressional district who can do something here. Arizona's 8th is most of Tucson, eastern Pima County, all of Cochise County and parts of Pinal and Santa Cruz Counties.

The congressman's official site is http://www.house.gov/kolbe/