Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 01-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Breaking News: Immigration Innovation Act introduced in the Senate

Immigration Voice applaud Senator Hatch for introducing Immigration Innovation ( I d) Act of 2015.

This is a bipartisan bill and we are also grateful to Senators Klobuchar, Rubio, Coons, Flake, and Blumenthal for being original co-sponsors to I d Act.

The bill includes following provisions:

Green cards
1.) Elimination of per-country limits
2.) Recapture of unused green cards since 1992 and not to waste green card numbers
3.) Exemption from numerical limit:
4.) Spouses or children of EB visas holders
a.) Masters in STEM
b.) Extraordinary abilities
c.) Outstanding professors & researchers

Quality of Life
1.) EAD for H-4 (dependent spouses)
2.) 60 days grace period after expiry of H1
3.) Visa Re-validation in US (for H, E, L, O, and P visa)
4.) Dual intent for student visa

H-1B Visa
1.) No caps on H-1 for US Masters or higher degree
2.) Market based H1 Quota increased from 65K to 115K
3.) H-1B quota within 115K (minimum) and 195K (maximum)

Other provisions
1.) Education funding provisions

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-16-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT NEWS I was waiting for this bill because you said a few days on the conference call that this bill get introduced

THANK YOU

Old 01-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Thanks for the news! Thank you IV team for the great work. Hope that 2015 will indeed be a great year for EB folks!

Old 01-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Excellent News

Great Going IV.

It seems everything high skilled immigrants can hope for is in this bill. This couldn't have happened without all your diligent efforts!!! Keep up the good work. i've registered to attend the Feb 8th, 9th and 10th Advocacy event.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Immigration Voice applaud Senator Hatch for introducing Immigration Innovation ( I d) Act of 2015.

This is a bipartisan bill and we are also grateful to Senators Klobuchar, Rubio, Coons, Flake, and Blumenthal for being original co-sponsors to I d Act.

The bill includes following provisions:

Green cards
  1. Elimination of per-country limits
  2. Recapture of unused green cards since 1992 and not to waste green card numbers
  3. Exemption from numerical limit:
  • Spouses or children of EB visas holders
  • Masters in STEM
  • Extraordinary abilities
  • Outstanding professors & researchers

Quality of Life
  1. EAD for H-4 (dependent spouses)
  2. 60 days grace period after expiry of H1
  3. Visa Re-validation in US (for H, E, L, O, and P visa)
  4. Dual intent for student visa

H-1B Visa
  1. No caps on H-1 for US Masters or higher degree
  2. Market based H1 Quota increased from 65K to 115K
  3. H-1B quota within 115K (minimum) and 195K (maximum)

Other provisions
  1. Education funding provisions
Is I-d going to be on IV's agenda on in Feb or HR 213 or are you in wait and watch mode i.e. wait to see which gets more traction?

Old 01-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bennyd20 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up This is great

This is great. It has almost everything that we need. Keep up the good work...

Old 01-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Is I-d going to be on IV's agenda on in Feb or HR 213 or are you in wait and watch mode i.e. wait to see which gets more traction?
Green card provisions are always on IV's agenda. So when we go in Feb, we will surely be talking about that. There are enough reasons now to join for advocacy event.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default I-d Act

HATCH, KLOBUCHAR, RUBIO, COONS, FLAKE, BLUMENTHAL INTRODUCE HIGH-SKILLED IMMIGRATION BILL - Press Releases - United States Senator Orrin Hatch

Old 01-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of

Is it coincidence that Session's authored 25 page thesis and I d came at same time ?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
127Karthi is infamous around these parts 127Karthi is infamous around these parts
Default Is applying for EAD once I140 is approved passed?

There is another rule that i heard for applying EAD for those who got 140 approved without waiting for the date to be current. Is that bill also passed? or was it ignored?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Karthi View Post
There is another rule that i heard for applying EAD for those who got 140 approved without waiting for the date to be current. Is that bill also passed? or was it ignored?
I guess you want to ask if it is part of this bill. Good question. Let me search

Old 01-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
You may be talking about the Executive Actions by the President. Hope you read this long but very informative thread:

Questions Clarification and Answers about President's Executive Action on Immigration - Immigration Voice

Old 01-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ChaseMyDreams is on a distinguished road

I'm new to this group but have been following such threads in the recent past. This will definitely benefit people from China & India.

How long it is going to take for implementation? What happens to those who have filed for 485 and waiting for GC based on ROW chargeability with very recent PD (Mar 2014)?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

From what I understand,

The EAD for approved 140 rule is part of executive action. It is in making and will be implemented by October 2015. Please refer to another thread on the forum where Admin has answered questions. This does not need congressional action as it is not a Bill and it need not be passed. Please read the thread thoroughly and carefully to understand what was covered in rule making.

This bill - the (I d) act is introduced in congress. It will need passing in both Senate and House. However, not sure if the EAD for approved I-140 needs to be included as it is already in rule making process.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
127Karthi is infamous around these parts 127Karthi is infamous around these parts

Thanks Rupen. It will be much helpful.