Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscis_lover View Post
Can someone from IV core team post an update on HR3012? All of us here have contributed money and time to this effort and it would be good to know what the status is since looks like the bill was not taken up for discussion in the Judiciary committee last week.

If we are unable to get this bill passed, I think we should all forget about legislative changes to Employment based immigration. People should make decisions for themselves understanding the reality of each of their situations EB2 or EB3!!!
Pls. don't look at it from the perspective of "I demand updates because I contributed money to IV".

Please understand that the money we DONATE are used for continuing the advocacy. It is not like buying things from a store where you are entitled to receive something for paying money.

Legislative changes are not done deals till they are done, ever. IV has been working hard for us all and got us this far.

Whether the bill was taken up for discussions this week is not relevant. We need to keep calling and contributing our time and money towards this cause. This is the only way to get any relief.

Updates are good, but I would prefer final result without updates rather than updates without result. While it satisfies our curiosity, I think patience and persistence are key to achieving our goals.

If IV thought that there was no use in doing this, they would not have asked us for such participation. I am sure if there are any updates worth sharing, they would have already done so.

Once you attend any advocacy day, you will understand, as I did, that IV is the only organization that is on the side of skilled immigrants and also the ground reality. IV does not care about EB2/EB3, ROW/ICMP etc.. they represent any and all skilled immigrants regardless of their country of origin and category. After having attended advocacy days, I can share that I saw this in action. I am sure anyone who attended any advocacy day will share the sentiment.

So please keep calling. While it is good to get constant updates, we need to realize that IV core also have their full time day jobs and are taking time to work on our behalf even though some of them already have their GC. There is no other organization like IV that works on our behalf.

But there is only so much the core team can do alone. They need our support to achieve any relief. Let us join hands now and support OUR cause to bring relief to us.

Keep the pressure on and keep calling and get your friends stuck in this mess to call. This is a fairness measure that will help level the playing field. This is the first step towards relief.

As you can see, the core team only asks for our support when it is really needed. So now is not the time to analyze what is happening behind the scenes. If there are updates worth sharing, they will. If not, we can assume that they are working behind the scenes to help us.

Keep up the pressure and let us wait for any further action items from core team and keep the momentum going.

Just because this was not taken up last Friday should not demotivate us. This should actually strengthen our resolve. Let us increase the pressure and continue calling and get our friends to call. If there are any action items that are posted, let us do them and keep the momentum going.

Now is not the time to analyze anything. Just keep pushing. All the analysis is being done by the IV core team and our action items are based on their analysis. We do not need the reasons or the results of analysis or status updates on the bill. If there are action items, it means there is still hope. So let us forge ahead and keep the momentum going.

Some of the posts are talking about being demotivated. There is nothing to be demotivated about. Until IV comes out and declares the bill dead, let us keep the momentum going.

I mean, what do we have to loose? One thing is certain. Our efforts will never go waste. One other thing is certain. If we are persistent and keep the momentum going, we will achieve what we are after.

If we don't keep the momentum, then we will definitely not achieve what we are after, which is fairness for all.

So keep up the good work and step up the pressure. Get your friends and family stuck in this mess to also participate.

Remember - If people who already have GCs and are citizens are working to help us, we should put in multiple times the effort to help ourselves. Whining and venting will not help. Advocacy and planned action will help.

IV has the experience and the willingness to help our cause. Let us support it in any and the ways we can.

Keep the momentum going. Get everyone who is for the idea of fairness involved. Let us push this as much as is needed to get relief.

Out continued momentum will help us in the end. So keep up the pressure and keep calling.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can someone from IV core team post an update on HR3012? All of us here have contributed money and time to this effort and it would be good to know what the status is since looks like the bill was not taken up for discussion in the Judiciary committee last week.

If we are unable to get this bill passed, I think we should all forget about legislative changes to Employment based immigration. People should make decisions for themselves understanding the reality of each of their situations EB2 or EB3!!!
Pls. don't look at it from the perspective of "I demand updates because I contributed money to IV".

Please understand that the money we DONATE are used for continuing the advocacy. It is not like buying things from a store where you are entitled to receive something for paying money.

Legislative changes are not done deals till they are done, ever. IV has been working hard for us all and got us this far.

Whether the bill was taken up for discussions this week is not relevant. We need to keep calling and contributing our time and money towards this cause. This is the only way to get any relief.

Updates are good, but I would prefer final result without updates rather than updates without result. While it satisfies our curiosity, I think patience and persistence are key to achieving our goals.

If IV thought that there was no use in doing this, they would not have asked us for such participation. I am sure if there are any updates worth sharing, they would have already done so.

Once you attend any advocacy day, you will understand, as I did, that IV is the only organization that is on the side of skilled immigrants and also the ground reality. IV does not care about EB2/EB3, ROW/ICMP etc.. they represent any and all skilled immigrants regardless of their country of origin and category. After having attended advocacy days, I can share that I saw this in action. I am sure anyone who attended any advocacy day will share the sentiment.

So please keep calling. While it is good to get constant updates, we need to realize that IV core also have their full time day jobs and are taking time to work on our behalf even though some of them already have their GC. There is no other organization like IV that works on our behalf.

But there is only so much the core team can do alone. They need our support to achieve any relief. Let us join hands now and support OUR cause to bring relief to us.

Keep the pressure on and keep calling and get your friends stuck in this mess to call. This is a fairness measure that will help level the playing field. This is the first step towards relief.

As you can see, the core team only asks for our support when it is really needed. So now is not the time to analyze what is happening behind the scenes. If there are updates worth sharing, they will. If not, we can assume that they are working behind the scenes to help us.

Keep up the pressure and let us wait for any further action items from core team and keep the momentum going.

Just because this was not taken up last Friday should not demotivate us. This should actually strengthen our resolve. Let us increase the pressure and continue calling and get our friends to call. If there are any action items that are posted, let us do them and keep the momentum going.

Now is not the time to analyze anything. Just keep pushing. All the analysis is being done by the IV core team and our action items are based on their analysis. We do not need the reasons or the results of analysis or status updates on the bill. If there are action items, it means there is still hope. So let us forge ahead and keep the momentum going.

Some of the posts are talking about being demotivated. There is nothing to be demotivated about. Until IV comes out and declares the bill dead, let us keep the momentum going.

I mean, what do we have to loose? One thing is certain. Our efforts will never go waste. One other thing is certain. If we are persistent and keep the momentum going, we will achieve what we are after.

If we don't keep the momentum, then we will definitely not achieve what we are after, which is fairness for all.

So keep up the good work and step up the pressure. Get your friends and family stuck in this mess to also participate.

Remember - If people who already have GCs and are citizens are working to help us, we should put in multiple times the effort to help ourselves. Whining and venting will not help. Advocacy and planned action will help.

IV has the experience and the willingness to help our cause. Let us support it in any and the ways we can.

Keep the momentum going. Get everyone who is for the idea of fairness involved. Let us push this as much as is needed to get relief.

Out continued momentum will help us in the end. So keep up the pressure and keep calling.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts

I'am sorry - Without updates you lose my participation. I need to know what steps are being taken.

Also, if this bill fails I think I will stop thinking about immigration relief forever - Take stock of my situation and make my life decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleopatra View Post

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Please click the like button on the first post of this thread and show your support.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

Not received one. And also I saw another thread for this week's action items. Not sure if it is only for me or for every one, but cannot see the contents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelu8 View Post
An email was sent out this morning with updates and new action items. They will probably be posted on the forum as well. Thank you for your participation and please continue with it.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00

Old 10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosightofgc View Post
Not received one. And also I saw another thread for this week's action items. Not sure if it is only for me or for every one, but cannot see the contents.
Looks like the email did not reach everyone. We will send one tonight. Pls also check the forums this afternoon for updated action items. We need to continue calling and emailing this week.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 10-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Looks like the email did not reach everyone. We will send one tonight. Pls also check the forums this afternoon for updated action items. We need to continue calling and emailing this week.
nope, did not get any email.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'am sorry - Without updates you lose my participation. I need to know what steps are being taken.

Also, if this bill fails I think I will stop thinking about immigration relief forever - Take stock of my situation and make my life decisions
The bill is in very good shape. There are updates and you will get them shortly. Seems like the email did not reach all the people for some reason. Please understand, these are a group of volunteers working round the clock (along with their day jobs and other responsibilities) to get this done. Please be patient and continue with the participation. We need everyone to chip and do the best they can to get this across the finish line.
Thank you again for your participation.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute

I joined this group a couple of days back and made a contribution through paypal. I have not received any update e-mail and I cannot yet access the donor's forum. Can you please send me the updates too? Thanks!

Old 10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be some issue in emails reaching all people...people are working to fix it and you will get update soon.

Regarding donor access I am not sure if you had signed up for recurring contribution which would get you donor access. If you signed up for recurring contribution please PM startsun to get donor access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram123 View Post
I joined this group a couple of days back and made a contribution through paypal. I have not received any update e-mail and I cannot yet access the donor's forum. Can you please send me the updates too? Thanks!
Actively participated in April 2011 Advocacy Day (all 4 days).
Got chance to discuss our issue at 8 congress offices.
Started monthly contribution $25 from April 2011.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
madaram is a splendid one to behold madaram is a splendid one to behold madaram is a splendid one to behold madaram is a splendid one to behold madaram is a splendid one to behold madaram is a splendid one to behold madaram is a splendid one to behold
Default My two cents

Quote:
I am just a regular member but for the people who are constantly seeking updates, what I know is that IV core group is working hard and other members are also, bill may come for mark up next week and it hasthe support ,because Mr.Smith is a Co sponsor and there are other things also which makes the bill very much needed at this time. E

Everybody is volunteering the time,we are working towards this for ourselves and for fellow members stuck in backlog, so please lets work together and be patient.

This is a link which may be give people some sense of relief U.S. firms urge action on skilled immigrant reform | Reuters.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

I also did not receive any email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post

Old 10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Access to donor forum is suspended for a while. We will revisit this to include new verified recurring contributors . There is a lot going on and all kinds of people are trying to gain access. In order to ensure the success of this bill, we have to restrict access for a while. It is in everyone's interest, so pls bear with us. Pls visit IV forums everyday for all public updates and action items.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute

No problem. I am not a recurring donor yet. Thanks for all the hard work and effort that has gone into this. Sending you lots of best wishes and positive thoughts for the coming weeks!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please continue

on action items (we got some new)...

Please go to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...-oct-17-a.html and work on our new action items.

It is very critical at this point for every one to contribute and join hands to complete the task in hand.

Guys it is now or nothing for next couple of years....so don't take it lightly....

Pass on this new action item to every friends/family...every single support is key for our success.
Actively participated in April 2011 Advocacy Day (all 4 days).
Got chance to discuss our issue at 8 congress offices.
Started monthly contribution $25 from April 2011.