PDA

View Full Version : When to expect EAD and job transfer case

harrydr
01-12-2010, 10:49 PM
For all the friends at IV who have already received their EAD's and/or renewed their EAD's i wanted to ask how long does it take for a person to receive their EAD after filling their 485 provided their date is current. Is filing for EAD an additional step to filling a 485 once the date is current?

2nd scenario: If i decide to change my job and my I-140 is approved with my current employer. The new job is the same level and category as my job description on my current I-140, in a new company. Can i port my PD with the new employer without any affect of I-140 withdrawl from my old employer or will the porting need to be executed prior to my old employer pulling the I-140 petition? I have some understanding about the situation but i wanted multiple opinions just to firm my understanding. Thanks in advance and may GOD help us all through the wait period to get our destinations.

harrydr
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Can anyone clear my doubts on the 2 scenarios below. Thanks.

va_dude
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
harry the reason u may not be getting much of a response to your thread might be because the AC21 portability issues have been discussed in detail several hundred times on this forum.

Just look for the AC21 Portability forums/threads and read thru them and it'll help your understanding.