PDA

View Full Version : CIR: Get this done for our family and future, only we can do it.

MDix
01-10-2010, 09:56 PM
We always fight legal vs. illegal. But if you look at it illegalís are more in number and itís only because of them Obama administration will push for immigration reform. Whether you like it or not but itís only because of illegal we saw the bill in congress and will see one by end of month in Senate.

As we are not even quarter million so we alone can not get anything done by our self. So why not support the other organization and congress men like Gutierrez. In 2006 and 2007 antis were well organized and funded. If we donít organize and fund the cause now then it will be too late for us.

Why not stand behind Hispanic caucus and show our support by money.

I will request IV to start collecting fund purely dedicated for CIR. Lets somebody come-up with good amount like 500$ or more and getís this done for our family and future.

P.S I will not respond to any negative or positive comment.

Thanks,
Mdix

sugaur
01-11-2010, 12:19 AM
IV was more than happy to call its flower campaign "Gandhigiri". Wonder what Gandhi would have to say regarding blurring the lines between right and wrong (legal and illegal) for the sake of political expidiency.

ronhira
01-11-2010, 02:23 AM
IV was more than happy to call its flower campaign "Gandhigiri". Wonder what Gandhi would have to say regarding blurring the lines between right and wrong (legal and illegal) for the sake of political expidiency.

under the law of the land at that time.... british rulers labeled most of the gandhi's activities as 'illegal' or 'wrong'.... so according to u'r way to look at this world.... was gandhi looking for political expediency? what is the definition of 'wrong'? we live in a world which continues to get more & more complex my friend..... the world in which one man's terrorist is another man's martyr...... one man's right is other man's wrong...... its all a matter of perspective.... or how u want to see it......

sugaur
01-11-2010, 10:57 AM
That's a false comparison. British had no business being in India and passing laws on people with no representation. Gandhi's opposition to those laws is more like the American founding fathers opposition to the brits and was entirely justified.

And moral relativism is a treacherous road to walk on, it has been used to justify the holocaust and 9/11.

Positive
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I am more convinced than ever that CIR is the way to go. I am sure that IV is supporting CIR at corporate level - that is why we see provisions to address visa backlog issue.

Let us also not forget the power of individual level support. I encourage all of our members to visit local congressman's office & explain your situation and why CIR is important to you and to the community. This is something all of us can do without any guidance from IV core team.