PDA

View Full Version : emergency advance parole procedure

dvnagesh
01-10-2010, 01:28 AM
My friend lives in Maryland and his father expired in India today. His advance parole has expired. Can he go to Baltimore to get an emergency advance parole. Do they issue it on the same day. Please suggest.....

anantc
01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
HI,
You can get info pass appointment asap. But you need to give some proof. He needs to get some form of letter from Doctor about your friend's father's demise and date,time, reason OR formal death certificate from muncipal/doctor will do.
It need not be original copy. you can get just fax/scanned copy.
With that it is sufficient to get Emergency Advance Parole. He should get it in few hours.

Hope this helps.

vin13
01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
He should go with 2 copies of passport photos along with a copy of I-485 receipt notice.

googlegc
01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I went to local USCIS office to expedite AP because of emergency, I had original letter from doctor in India, even then they asked for BIRTH CERTIFICATE, which proves the relationship b/w my dad and myself.

DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH YOU!

Since i did not carry my birth certificate with me, I tried to explain them that my passport has my father's name which matches with the medical certificate from India, but the IO did not accept it as a valid proof.

HI,
You can get info pass appointment asap. But you need to give some proof. He needs to get some form of letter from Doctor about your friend's father's demise and date,time, reason OR formal death certificate from muncipal/doctor will do.
It need not be original copy. you can get just fax/scanned copy.
With that it is sufficient to get Emergency Advance Parole. He should get it in few hours.

Hope this helps.

dvnagesh
01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks to all of you for your timely replies.

He did not get an infopass appointment for Monday. The earliest he got at Baltimore field office is for 21st Jan. But he has still decided to walk-in on Monday as it is an emergency. I read somewhere that you don't need an infopass appointment for emergencies.

He is carrying the following set of documents.
1. personal check for fee of #305.
2. Filled in I-131 form
3. 2 copies of passport (as suggested by vin13)
4. copy of I 485 receipt
5. copy of drivers license.
6. copy of birth certificate (as suggested by googlegc)

Please let us know if anything is missing. Thanks to all of you for your help.

googlegc
01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Hello,

Take the originals of passport, I485 receipt(if he has), Old Approved Paroles if he has any and Very Important - 2 passport size photos

HTH
googlegc

Thanks to all of you for your timely replies.

He did not get an infopass appointment for Monday. The earliest he got at Baltimore field office is for 21st Jan. But he has still decided to walk-in on Monday as it is an emergency. I read somewhere that you don't need an infopass appointment for emergencies.

He is carrying the following set of documents.
1. personal check for fee of #305.
2. Filled in I-131 form
3. 2 copies of passport (as suggested by vin13)
4. copy of I 485 receipt
5. copy of drivers license.
6. copy of birth certificate (as suggested by googlegc)

Please let us know if anything is missing. Thanks to all of you for your help.

dvnagesh
01-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks googlegc,

I forgot to mention the photos. Yes, we will take the old paroles and original passport. Thanks...

vin13
01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
dvnagesh, i meant 2 copies of passport size photos and not 2 copies of passport.

We were in need of emergency AP last year due to death in family. We were not asked to prove the relationship.

If you are not getting much cooperation from an IO, try going to a different office.

Another point for someone who may be far from the USCIS office. - We live couple of hours away from the nearest USCIS office. Since the IO was not able to process the AP the same day, we gave them a prepaid Fedex next day envelope. This way we could get the AP mailed to us the next day. (USCIS only mails using regular post)

dvnagesh
01-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys for your help. My friend got the emergency Parole yesterday and left to India yesterday.

The IO asked for the death certificate and then for the applicants birth certificate. It is also better to take the original EAD as that has the A# and the applicants photo for identification.
Also have the original passport handy just in case.

The temporary AP is valid for 1 year and for multiple entries.