PDA

View Full Version : Reenergize. Organize. Participate

rayoflight
01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Reenergize. Organize. Participate.

MAKE IV HEARD

It is time we all roll up our sleeves and work harder. It is now or never situation. What can we do to motivate all the 30,000 folks to stand up for their own cause.

I am guessing most of them are not realizing the impact and the never ending wait times of 10+ years and by the time they realize to join the efforts it could be a perfect example of "Too Little - Too Late".

IV has a created a Greeting Card to be emailed or print & snail mail but do not see much of the activity on the thread either.

Request to all the members, state chapter leaders and the core team to gear up the momentum.

Reenergize. Organize. Participate.

MAKE IV HEARD

Cheers,
Rayoflight

ncrtpMay2004
01-08-2010, 02:48 PM
I agree.

Please spend a few minutes thinking and writing down your thoughts

- About why you deserve the privilege of a green card.
- What will you differently once you get a green card.
- How will you contribute to the economic growth of USA
- Why you think the country cap and duration of the wait time is unfair.
- How not having a GC is affecting you.
- How not have a GC is affecting your US born children's long term future.

When there is CIR this will help to present our case in a good way when meeting the lawmakers.

regards,

arunmohan
01-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't know where are EB3 people. Everyoe from EB3 understand that there is a 10 years + of waiting period. I don't see any interest from EB3 folks except Pappu.

EB3(s) wake up and come together to do something for yourself, family and kids.

sanju_dba
01-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't know where are EB3 people. Everyoe from EB3 understand that there is a 10 years + of waiting period. I don't see any interest from EB3 folks except Pappu.

EB3 is undergoing Darwin's theory
what is the head turner now?

Positive
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, it is the right time to act - at an individual level and as a group. I am sure IV leadership team is working with others on CIR. One should not expect to see those details in an open forum like this.

At an individual level people must do their part. Recently I contacted our congressman and explained to him why CIR is important to me and my family. My wife & I came to US as graduate students years ago and we are still renting a house (worked in my favor financially :)). It was a pleasant experience - I explained the situation in the context of adding value to the economy and the community.

If I had ten or twenty fellow IV members (which I am sure there are hundreds in my state) willing to visit, it would have been easier for the lawmaker to clearly understand the problem and see the bigger picture - the impact on local communities and economies. We are not innovators, but we all can contribute to this economy. So please take some time off of your work, schedule a personal appointment and visit your lawmaker. I am sure that they will gladly listen to you.

Let us not fall into legal vs illegal trap or spend time reacting to people who hate immigrants, instead do our part individually and the rest will be taken care of.

sanju_dba
01-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, it is the right time to act - at an individual level and as a group. I am sure IV leadership team is working with others on CIR. One should not expect to see those details in an open forum like this.

At an individual level people must do their part. Recently I contacted our congressman and explained to him why CIR is important to me and my family. My wife & I came to US as graduate students years ago and we are still renting a house (worked in my favor financially :)). It was a pleasant experience - I explained the situation in the context of adding value to the economy and the community.

If I had ten or twenty fellow IV members (which I am sure there are hundreds in my state) willing to visit, it would have been easier for the lawmaker to clearly understand the problem and see the bigger picture - the impact on local communities and economies. We are not innovators, but we all can contribute to this economy. So please take some time off of your work, schedule a personal appointment and visit your lawmaker. I am sure that they will gladly listen to you.

Let us not fall into legal vs illegal trap or spend time reacting to people who hate immigrants, instead do our part individually and the rest will be taken care of.

Your motive to contact lawmaker is great. Did you felt like any FAQ list will help phrase your situation more orderly? If you already have can you share.

Positive
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
We may talk different languages and may have differences in opinion. There is one common thread in all of us - it is the unquenchable desire to succeed, it is what took as to a far land in search of opportunity.

All most all lawmakers understand this, they also understand that sending us back home will not help another American get a job, most likely result in leaving ten other jobs with us.

We can explain our situation and how CIR can help to get us out of this mess. I don't think we need an FAQ for this, most of these people are very friendly and are willing to listen.

rayoflight
01-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Positive: Can you please update your profile? Thanks, Rayoflight

We may talk different languages and may have differences in opinion. There is one common thread in all of us - it is the unquenchable desire to succeed, it is what took as to a far land in search of opportunity.

All most all lawmakers understand this, they also understand that sending us back home will not help another American get a job, most likely result in leaving ten other jobs with us.

We can explain our situation and how CIR can help to get us out of this mess. I don't think we need an FAQ for this, most of these people are very friendly and are willing to listen.

Positive
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Sorry - it is updated now

skgs2000
01-14-2010, 09:53 AM
where is this link?

amitjoey
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM

You are right. That has been my experience too. The lawmakers office staff are very accomodating, it is a pleasant experience to talk to them and explain. Overall, it makes them realise the issues and put a face to it. It brings in the human quotient. So it is really important for each one of us to go talk and meet our lawmakers. I urge everyone. Do not feel you are alone. You really do not need 10 people. It will really help us raise awareness.
Again, from my experience, it is really easy, and only takes an hour.

rayoflight
01-14-2010, 02:19 PM
where is this link?

What link are you asking about?

Cheers,
Rayoflight

freedom_fighter
01-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I know the green card battle is long and tough one., but we should not just look at it from getting the GC perspective
I think IV should fight for a provision to determine US citizenship based on the Priority Date and that time of wait should count towards the citizenship.

Most of have been waiting for 10 years. it doesnt make sense to wait another 5 years.

anantc
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi rayoflight/Positive,

I am up for it with you. Let me know if anything that I can contribute.

Thanks.

rockrocky
01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
You just got your green card and you are already talking about citizenship line.
Can you explain your pains to law makers and make them understand how the wait has been?
No.
You just want IV to do something about the citizenship line.

We need support from people like you to talk to law makers. Don't think that if one person explains about the problems, it is good enough. More the voices the better it is.
Remember, what if that one person is also thinking someone else is doing it for him?

Please talk to law makers.

~R

I know the green card battle is long and tough one., but we should not just look at it from getting the GC perspective
I think IV should fight for a provision to determine US citizenship based on the Priority Date and that time of wait should count towards the citizenship.

Most of have been waiting for 10 years. it doesnt make sense to wait another 5 years.

Positive
01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Anantc,

It really is very simple. Schedule an appointment with your congressman's office. Visit them if possible with family.

Explain your story - education, work, future plans and why CIR is important to you and your family.

They may have different political orientations - But they are good people who like to serve the society. We are not here to hate anybody or to show our strength - we are here just for a productive discussion.

sampatvijay
01-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Hello,
It sounds silly,but can I call on behalf of my husband, who is the primary applicant. We got our I-140 mailed in Aug 2003. Where do I call?
Please do advise.

Thanks,
Padmini Sampat

freedom_fighter
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM
You just got your green card and you are already talking about citizenship line.
Can you explain your pains to law makers and make them understand how the wait has been?
No.
You just want IV to do something about the citizenship line.

We need support from people like you to talk to law makers. Don't think that if one person explains about the problems, it is good enough. More the voices the better it is.
Remember, what if that one person is also thinking someone else is doing it for him?

Please talk to law makers.

~R

dont get me wrong. btw i've spoken to Senator John Kerry twice. I'm willing to do my part. I was saying in references to that whatever we do should have a long term impact, not small patches. First you wait forever to get your green card, then you wait for citizenship. We should look for smart amendments. We are highly skilled ppl, not illegal aliens.

arc
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM

I have observed when Eb3 wakes up, all other categories pound on Eb3 and tell them not to form an Eb3 diversion, we all should be united as IV, but Eb3 is the most unfortunate and there are a lots of us... so we need to do something!!! I am all for unity but if we will have to compartmentalize the categories and see who is getting affected the MOST!!!

ajay
01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
All of us stand by IV and try to achieve our goals in minimum possible time. If we part on different categories it will be hard to pound USCIS with our goals. So, IMHO it is best to be united and try our efforts together as a team.