PDA

View Full Version : Help Please | Name different in Passport and Ticket

goel_ar
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi,

My Mother's & Father's tickets got issued with slightly different name than name on passports.

Could someone please let me know whether I need to cancel the tickets & get them re-issued or not?

Mother's :
------------
Passport : Surname = <None>, First/Given Name = Kamla Rani
US VISA : Surname = Rani, First Name = Kamla
Ticket : Surname : Rani, First Name = Kamla

Father's :
----------
Passport : Surname = Modi , GivenName/First Name = Sur Kumar
Ticket : Surname = Modi, First Name = Sur

I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on it? They are flying by Jet Airways.

Thanks,
AG

goel_ar
12-14-2009, 02:07 PM
bump

Gravitation
12-14-2009, 05:49 PM
My father had similar issue: His passport had no surname, but a two word first name (which is how it is). For visa -at that time- online application wouldn't go through without a surname. So we had to use the second word of the first-name as surname.

No problem arrived anywhere during the visa, immigration or travel. I believe it did use to happen with people who don't use surname.

Now of course, it's possible to use empty surname in online visa applications, so everything is in order in the latest papers.

I don't expect any trouble with your parents. They've seen it all before.

goel_ar
12-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks. I feel relaxed.

jytdeepa
02-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi all,

I got into same dilemma now. I am very much concerned now whether my parents get any problem in London airport or at IAD USA. They are quite old - 66 and 75.

My mom's details :
in the Passport -- Surname : <blank> Given name : Sujatha Dinesh Rao
in the Visa -- Surname : Sujatha Dinesh Rao Firstname : FNU
in the air tickt (british airways) -- Rao/Sujatha

My dad's details :

in the passport -- Surname : <blank> Given name : Dinesha Rao Bangalore
in the visa -- Surname : Dinesha Rao Bangalore Firstname : FNU
in the air tkt -- LNU/Dinesha Rao Bangalore (Last Name Unknown)

My dad's tkt was reissued after I requested and I lost $350 and more over old tkt refund will happen ater 2 months itseems.

To make my mom's tkt as LNU/Sujatha Rao, I again loose too much money and no idea about refund..when it will come.

Really appreciate if any suggestion.

thanks so much.

Almond
02-08-2010, 07:25 AM
jytdeepa-they heard your explanation and you still had to pay all that money for a ticket reissue? Something is wrong here.

Did any of you all call the airline customer service itself to ask about this?

goel_ar
02-08-2010, 07:43 AM
My parents Arrived last month without any problem. Infact, airline officer helped them co
plete their paperwork.
Airline customer service has one standard response - "first and last name on passport should match first & last name on tickets".

I would advise - ask wheelchair assistance for your mom or Dad. It is free & they help you as much as possible.

jytdeepa
02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Thansk so much to Goel_ar and Almond for your quick reponses.

Since the first word and last words are matching in my mom's case like Rao/Sujatha in the ticket and in the passport given name is "Sujatha Dinesh Rao", the agent only told she should be fine and I do not need to rebook the tkt as LNU/Sujatha Rao.

I am just praying that the BA will not create any problem for my mom.

But in my Dad's case, since last word (Bangalore) is not matching with Rao in the tkt, the agent said it may create issue and hence I rebooked the tkt and got 75% relax. Sitll 25% concerned aboout my mom's case :-).

But after hearing from goel_ar, I am little OK now thinking that my mom should be fine.

I have already requested wheel chairs for both.

Please let me know if you hear or come to know anything more.

Thanks a lot for quick responses.

menonsan
03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi jytdeepa

I am in a similar situation. Were your parents able to travel without any issues. Please advise.

Thanks,
Santhosh