PDA

View Full Version : Visitor visa to Switzerland while on AOS

hope4best
12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Can I apply for Switzerland visitor visa while on EAD with AOS pending (no curretn H1)? I have looked thru Swiss embassy website and it says "Only foreign residents and foreign students in the United States who have a valid U.S. visa (e.g.
categories F1 (I-20), H1B, G1, J1, etc.) may apply for a Swiss visa."
Currently I dont have H1. I am on EAD and my AOS is pending. I plan to use my AP for traveling.

cvk90
12-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I recently applied for schengen visa (through Swiss Consulate , Chicago) for my wife who has expired H-1 and valid AP. We had to specifically mention her AP status and got visa approved in 14 days.
Hope this helps.

vactorboy29
12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I had no problem in getting visitor visa last year my situation was same like you.AP should work and you would need some insurance proof for international coverage.

hope4best
12-09-2009, 06:21 PM
cvk90 & vactorboy29 thanks for your response.
Following question I have is in the document list for visa, it mentions "A copy of your flight ticket/itinerary. Open tickets are not accepted.
Hotel reservations for every night you intend to spend in a Schengen country."
So do I have to have the tickets and hotel booking done before I apply for visa?
Did you guys book your tkts & hotel before applying for visa?

skynet2500
12-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Can I apply for Switzerland visitor visa while on EAD with AOS pending (no curretn H1)? I have looked thru Swiss embassy website and it says "Only foreign residents and foreign students in the United States who have a valid U.S. visa (e.g.
categories F1 (I-20), H1B, G1, J1, etc.) may apply for a Swiss visa."
Currently I dont have H1. I am on EAD and my AOS is pending. I plan to use my AP for traveling.

My wife was in the same situation when we applied for swiss visa couple of years ago. They contacted her about her status via mail and she explained about EAD. We were not sure if she was going to get, but they finally approved her visa. We got both of ours in a week time.

vactorboy29
12-09-2009, 07:19 PM
cvk90 & vactorboy29 thanks for your response.
Following question I have is in the document list for visa, it mentions "A copy of your flight ticket/itinerary. Open tickets are not accepted.
Hotel reservations for every night you intend to spend in a Schengen country."
So do I have to have the tickets and hotel booking done before I apply for visa?
Did you guys book your tkts & hotel before applying for visa?

They want to see your return tickets. You can get this through any travel agent. I think you donít have to buy tickets just show ticket quotation with dates .Make sure your dates are wide spread to cover any plan change because they will issue visa just for that duration only ,unless you asked them for specified period.

LostInGCProcess
12-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Typically, how much does it cost to go to Switzerland for tourists? I always wanted to go there, cause it looks beautiful in movies (telugu or Hindi). Maybe you can express some of your personal experience if you have visited Swiss.

Thank you.

They want to see your return tickets. You can get this through any travel agent. I think you don’t have to buy tickets just show ticket quotation with dates .Make sure your dates are wide spread to cover any plan change because they will issue visa just for that duration only ,unless you asked them for specified period.

anilsal
12-10-2009, 05:17 AM
at popular destinations in Switzerland originate from the sub-continent. There are explicit signs in Hindi etc.

Switzerland is a popular destination.:)

I enjoyed my visit this year.