PDA

View Full Version : Dec approval

Bpositive
12-05-2009, 01:20 AM
"On December 4, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

My PD was Dec 4, 2004. EB2. Exactly 5 years from PD and over 10 years from first entry to US. Getting stuck in the BEC backlog and my wife getting stuck in India with 221(g) were among my most painful experiences through the journey. And not being able to take a fabulous offer at double my salary in 2007 hurt too.

Thanks for all the support. And congratulations again to the leaders of IV for creating a platform for Employment based GC applicants.

Feel free to contact me if you are starting high-growth businesses and need someone to bounce ideas off. And of course I am happy to help with IV initiatives to clear EB backlog.

Bpositive.

Dhundhun
12-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Congratulations and good to hear from you.

dvnagesh
12-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Congratulations !! Thanks for sharing the info on the forum and for offering your help...

Leo07
12-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Good Luck!

Bpositive
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks guys...

btw my "card production ordered" email of December 4th was followed by another email on December 5th which says - .

"On December 4, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

Trust the USCIS to make everything complicated!

Any thoughts? Is this just a redundant email? I am going out of the country for a few weeks starting December 12th.

CantLeaveAmerica
12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
not a redundant mail..just their process.
I got the CPO email on Oct 22, a welcome notice in my email on oct 24, actual welcome notices in my snail mail on oct 27 and the actual cards on Oct 30...so it took me 8 to 9 days to get the physical cards.
I'd say wait till you get the cards in your hand before you travel if you can..it's a different feeling :)

CantLeaveAmerica
12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
by the way, I forgot to mention that I was in India when my GC was adjudicated on Oct 22.
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.

So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D

sandy_anand
12-08-2009, 06:50 PM
"On December 4, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

My PD was Dec 4, 2004. EB2. Exactly 5 years from PD and over 10 years from first entry to US. Getting stuck in the BEC backlog and my wife getting stuck in India with 221(g) were among my most painful experiences through the journey. And not being able to take a fabulous offer at double my salary in 2007 hurt too.

Thanks for all the support. And congratulations again to the leaders of IV for creating a platform for Employment based GC applicants.

Feel free to contact me if you are starting high-growth businesses and need someone to bounce ideas off. And of course I am happy to help with IV initiatives to clear EB backlog.

Bpositive.

Congratulations!

sunny1000
12-08-2009, 07:00 PM

Bpositive.

congrats and good luck!

Bpositive
12-08-2009, 11:19 PM
by the way, I forgot to mention that I was in India when my GC was adjudicated on Oct 22.
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.

So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D

That's very useful feedback....appreciate it.

shreekhand
12-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Good info Bpositive...

LPR coz you didn't present the card. Henceforth... when you re-enter using your physical GC, they will write ARC on the immigration stamp, that is, Alien Resident Card.

LookingForGC
12-09-2009, 03:13 AM

Congratulations!

Good to know this info. Best wishes!

rajs
12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I GOT MY WELCOME LETTER DATED 12/5/09 AND A EMAIL THAT MY 485 HAS BEEN
APPROVED & CARD SHOULD BE IN HE MAIL SOON.:p
MY QUESTION IS
WHILE MY 485 WAS PENDING I GOT MARRIED AND AS MY PD WAS IN DATE
WE FILLED MY WIFE'S 485 IN 07 SHE GOT HER FP DONE ETC..
THERE IS NO CHANGE IN MY WIFE CASE STATUS SO WE CALLED TO FIND OUT BUT THEY HAD NO REPLY FOR US
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY WIFE'S CASE TO GET APPROVED?
HAS ANY ONE EXPERIENCE THE SAME?

THANKING EVER1 FOR THEIR SUPPORT

rubaru
12-10-2009, 10:45 AM
My wife got approval email yesterday.Mine was approved in October 209.She received fingerprint notice .we gave her finger prints on November 23.I am glad her got approved soon.

Rubaru

cinqsit
12-10-2009, 04:12 PM
rubaru,

Congratulations!

Did you open a SR, Infopass or POJ to find out about missing fingerprints ?

Just curious

Thanks
cinqsit

rajs
12-11-2009, 07:05 PM
no

anand3597
12-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Hello,

We (my wife and I) got our CPO emails on Dec. 1st. In the US since 1997. Hopefully the details below will help you:

1. Called Nebraska service center weekly for last ~2 months to check progress of I485
2. EB3 (Aug. 19, 2004) to EB2 PD porting request sent in Mar. 2009
3. Oct. 2009- was told that I485 review will need to wait till EB2 I140 approval notice is transferred from National visa center to Nebraska center.
4. Nov. 2009- sent letters to senator and congressman requesting assitance.
5. Nov. 20- soft LUD
6. Dec. 1- text message and CPO emails
7. Dec. 7- received green cards in mail

I think the POJ calling method helped us the most in identifying why the PD porting request had not been approved and move the process ahead.

regards,

anand3597

donated to IV