PDA

View Full Version : Going On Carribean Cruise with EAD/AP: Do I need transit Visa for british IslandS?

dsneyog
11-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I am not sure if this is a correct section to ask for. Admin, please move thread in appropriate area if necessary.

I am planning to take Caribbean cruise while on EAD and obtaining AP for rentry purpose. My husband had valid H1 B stamped in his passport.
We will be spending day (not nights) on Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Will I need transit Visa for any of these islands? Our travel agent is of no help. I have tot alk to British Embassy yet but before spending money on their paid calls I though I will ask here if someone has been through similar situation.

Thanks

pani_6
11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
went from Galvestion to cozumel..no visa required and no problems entering US after the cuise..with AP/EAD and h1 b stamp expired..;)..I dont know about the other islands..

amitjoey
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
We went on eastern carribean cruise last year. We had valid US visas. We called up/checked each embassy and made sure we did not need a visa. In most cases, since we were with a cruise liner and were only there for less than 24 hrs, we did not need a visa.

newuser
11-24-2009, 01:51 PM
If I were you, I wouldn't take any chances. Call the British Embassy in DC and they can tell you whether you need a visa or not.

For Bahamas, you need a visa.

dsneyog
11-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks all. I am will be calling British Embassy soon. We are not going to Bahamas.

cjhaveri
12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
don't know if you still need to know but if you are not going to be overnight in Cayman - no visa is needed. we went in september. i had even called cayman islands to confirm that.

jamaica too i don't think any visa is needed due to commonwealth but you can confirm that - our cruise didn't go to jamaica.

chintu25
12-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Does anyone have any experience of going to the Bahamas on AP/EAD . I have H1B but not stamped . Any helpful comments are welcome

newuser
12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Does anyone have any experience of going to the Bahamas on AP/EAD . I have H1B but not stamped . Any helpful comments are welcome

From what port are you leaving and when ? I will be crusing on 12/20 from Baltimore.