PDA

View Full Version : company bought over

punjabi
11-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi,

I would like to have an expert advice on the matter below:

I am working on AC21 under a company that is going to be bought over completely by another company at the end of March next year. The corporate attorney mentioned that effective 04/01/2010, my company will stop existing as a separate entity and all AC21 guys will need to re-file their AC21 with USCIS (of course, submitting AC21 is optional).

We are planning to visit India for a month or so (my wife might stay there for longer) in the beginning of March next year. We have a valid Advance Parole until 08/31/2010 to re-enter USA. We obtained this Advance Parole when I was still working with the employer who sponsored my I-140.

Some questions
-- Is it safe for us to come back to USA after March 2010?
-Or shall I first file AC21 with the new company and then, leave USA?

I am the primary applicant of our 485 application and my wife's 485 is dependent upon me.

Please let us know so we can plan our trip accordingly.

Many Thanks.

Admin: I posted the same message on Wednesday under "Ask a Lawyer" section but don't know how to delete thread from that section.

bbenhill
11-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi, in theory, you should be fine. But please bring all the necessary paperworks (like : company acquisition news, your latest paystub, EAD, 485 receipt, 140 approval - if you can) and job verification letter.

One situation that you might want to consider is if the new company will do organization reorg. You have to be sure that you still have job when you come back ....

just $0.01 from me..

R,

Hi,

I would like to have an expert advice on the matter below:

I am working on AC21 under a company that is going to be bought over completely by another company at the end of March next year. The corporate attorney mentioned that effective 04/01/2010, my company will stop existing as a separate entity and all AC21 guys will need to re-file their AC21 with USCIS (of course, submitting AC21 is optional).

We are planning to visit India for a month or so (my wife might stay there for longer) in the beginning of March next year. We have a valid Advance Parole until 08/31/2010 to re-enter USA. We obtained this Advance Parole when I was still working with the employer who sponsored my I-140.

Some questions
-- Is it safe for us to come back to USA after March 2010?
-Or shall I first file AC21 with the new company and then, leave USA?

I am the primary applicant of our 485 application and my wife's 485 is dependent upon me.

Please let us know so we can plan our trip accordingly.

Many Thanks.

Admin: I posted the same message on Wednesday under "Ask a Lawyer" section but don't know how to delete thread from that section.

punjabi
11-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll talk to HR about the same.

Hi, in theory, you should be fine. But please bring all the necessary paperworks (like : company acquisition news, your latest paystub, EAD, 485 receipt, 140 approval - if you can) and job verification letter.

One situation that you might want to consider is if the new company will do organization reorg. You have to be sure that you still have job when you come back ....

just $0.01 from me..

R,