PDA

View Full Version : Tavelling on AP, Documents to carry

neeidd
11-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi ,

I am planning to use AP for re-enter to USA. Could someone please let me know the list the documents that I should carry ?

Thanks

dj9533
11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
AP
I485 Receipt Notice
EAD(just in case)
thats all you need

thakurrajiv
11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I entered US using AP on this Sunday from Chicago.
AP and passport were enough. They did ask for old H1 stamp which was on my older expired passport. So I will add :
carry older passports if any.

I also carried I-485 notice and EAD but was not asked for it.

neeidd
11-10-2009, 05:08 PM
AP
I485 Receipt Notice
EAD(just in case)
thats all you need
Thanks for your reply, dj9533

neeidd
11-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I entered US using AP on this Sunday from Chicago.
AP and passport were enough. They did ask for old H1 stamp which was on my older expired passport. So I will add :
carry older passports if any.

I also carried I-485 notice and EAD but was not asked for it.
Thanks for your reply, Rajiv

LloydsApple
11-11-2009, 11:20 AM
hey all i can't find where to post a new thread so hopefully I can hijack this quick.

I called the USCIS number for info but can't speak to an operator.

My wife is planning on traveling to hawaii in december. She will have her drivers license by then. She has her I-485, I-130, I-765 and some other M109109 (whatever that is).

she wants to know if its ok for her to travel to hawaii (from florida). it's in the united states so i can't imagine there being an issue. she will be traveling to ohio later that month and to me its the same thing. I'm just trying to get the opinion from someone who would know for sure.

thanks for any help!

niklshah
11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
i came back from India last week and officer did not ask me for any documents. I had copies of 485, 140 and labour ceritification and my few pay receipts but he did not ask me for anything, just parole document and it was stamped and i was out in 5 minutes he did not take to me to any room to ask any questions.

hope this helps

good luck

dummgelauft
11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
hey all i can't find where to post a new thread so hopefully I can hijack this quick.

I called the USCIS number for info but can't speak to an operator.

My wife is planning on traveling to hawaii in december. She will have her drivers license by then. She has her I-485, I-130, I-765 and some other M109109 (whatever that is).

she wants to know if its ok for her to travel to hawaii (from florida). it's in the united states so i can't imagine there being an issue. she will be traveling to ohio later that month and to me its the same thing. I'm just trying to get the opinion from someone who would know for sure.

thanks for any help!

Hawaii is an outlying US state. Going to Hawaii should be no different than flying between two cities within continental US.

LloydsApple
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
that's what I thought but she has dealt with a lot of bs with all this paperwork so it is nice to have additional insight to ease traveling worries. Thanks!

LloydsApple
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Updates are coming in fast.

It turns out my wife is not yet elegible to get an ID card. She can get her license when I get my real copy of birth certificate and that will happen in about a week when it should come in by mail.

The problem is that she can get some sort of temporary paperwork but the official drivers license will take up to another 6 weeks to get.

Is there still no problem with traveling? I would guess not but again, as the story changes, helpful insight is very much welcome. Thanks!

hopelessGC
11-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Updates are coming in fast.

It turns out my wife is not yet elegible to get an ID card. She can get her license when I get my real copy of birth certificate and that will happen in about a week when it should come in by mail.

The problem is that she can get some sort of temporary paperwork but the official drivers license will take up to another 6 weeks to get.

Is there still no problem with traveling? I would guess not but again, as the story changes, helpful insight is very much welcome. Thanks!

A valid passport will do just fine.

LloydsApple
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
The passport is valid but the visa inside it is not. I suppose you are saying this is not a problem!?:)

Sorry, it's just that she is nervous about buying a $700 plane ticket and running into trouble.

hopelessGC
11-12-2009, 05:48 PM
The passport is valid but the visa inside it is not. I suppose you are saying this is not a problem!?:)

Sorry, it's just that she is nervous about buying a $700 plane ticket and running into trouble.

Correct, just the passport. Visa is not checked when traveling withing the US.

LloydsApple
11-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Man!

chantu
09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I may travel to India in Oct on AP for first time. I am working on EAD and changed employer with AC21. I will use AP at POE.

1) Do I have to get any transit visa if I go through European countries?
2) Will there be any problem at POE? Any recent experiences?
3) Do I have to go to consulate in India?

Thanks in advance!

rajuram
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Recently while returning, at the POE, I was told that AP is for emergency travel only and was asked the reason for travel. Also he wanted to see our tickets for the onward journey, to make sure that we were not gone for too long.

rajuram
09-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Hawaii is an outlying US state. Going to Hawaii should be no different than flying between two cities within continental US.

Please double check on the advice before traveling. I know from personal experience that when you travel to South Padre Island, which is very much a part of the US, on the way back you are stopped at a check point. If you are not a citizen, or a permanent resident, then you have to show your papers.