PDA

View Full Version : How soon can one re-enter on visitor visa

rdehar
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello Friends:

We have a situation where we need my mother-in-law with us, in mid December. The problem is, she was here earlier this year for about 4 months (Jun 13 - Oct 11).

Any idea if there is going to be a problem at POE, because she would be returning in such a short period ? Anyone been through this ?

She was here 2 years ago too - for about 5 months.

dealsnet
11-09-2009, 05:12 PM
If she is here frequently and coming back after short period, they may give her 3 months, instead of 6 months.
It is depending upon her/your luck. (3 or 6 months)

Hello Friends:

We have a situation where we need my mother-in-law with us, in mid December. The problem is, she was here earlier this year for about 4 months (Jun 13 - Oct 11).

Any idea if there is going to be a problem at POE, because she would be returning in such a short period ? Anyone been through this ?

ftbakhru
11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I have re-entered within a week. But I was on business visit on both occassions.

fundo14
11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
When my In-laws were visiting us in 2006, they once went out for one week to London to attend some family event and came back without any issues. I think the POE officer usually try to see if there is any pattern in visitors travel that indicate that they are spending too much time here in a year.

Technically, there is no such written rule which defines this but I don't think there should be any problem for your mother-in-law, do send her a personal invite for visiting you during holidays just in case...

Hello Friends:

prasadn
11-09-2009, 08:50 PM
As long as this is not a pattern you should be OK, but don't be surprised if I-94 is given only for 3 months instead of the usual 6 months.

arunsarun
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
My parents returned within two months, they had tough time in POE but finally they got 6 months I guess we got lucky. May not work all the time.

rdehar
11-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Thank you all for your replies. Gave green to everyone. Noticed someone gave REDs on harmless posts.

indianindian2006
11-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Hello Friends:

Should not be a problem,I know of a few people who have come in a month after their first visit on B2 visa and have not faced any problems,also a lot depends on the mood of the IO.