PDA

View Full Version : IV action item: Survey on Value added by immigrants

pappu
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
All,

IV has put in significant effort in creating this survey to map the strength of our community.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=36

The objectives of this survey are:
•To counter the bogus anti's claims on H1s.
•To improve the brand image of IV community as a set of sophisticated highly-skilled immigrants who have and will contribute further to this country.
•To ensure that aspiring immigrants get a better picture of US immigration and immigrants..

Please utilize this opportunity to:

* Provide an honest feedback on your strong contribution to the USA.

A genuine feedback will help us communicate the reality to lawmakers with a lot of credibility. None of the individual responses will be shared. It will remain confidential with IV. Our goal is to highlight the collective strength of our community and underline its importance to the value add for this country. You may have to do some homework to fill in ball-park figures. This will be worth it for individual and group confidence. We look forward to your responses.

See the survey here http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=36

Please post this information on other sites to get more people to participate in this survey. The survey ends on Dec 15.

Nil
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
^^^^^

Leo07
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Pappu,

I have completed the form.I felt there should be a Disclaimer from IV that this "Personal Information" will be used solely for the purpose mentioned below and WILL NOT be given to any Third party.

We definitely don't want to deal with more SPAM. It's not that this information of mine is not available on internet, but just to avoid any 'personalized' spam.

Thanks,
Leo07
All,

IV has put in significant effort in creating this survey to map the strength of our community.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=36

The objectives of this survey are:
•To counter the bogus anti's claims on H1s.
•To improve the brand image of IV community as a set of sophisticated highly-skilled immigrants who have and will contribute further to this country.
•To ensure that aspiring immigrants get a better picture of US immigration and immigrants..

Please utilize this opportunity to:

* Provide an honest feedback on your strong contribution to the USA.

A genuine feedback will help us communicate the reality to lawmakers with a lot of credibility. None of the individual responses will be shared. Our goal is to highlight the collective strength of our community and underline its importance to the value add for this country. You may have to do some homework to fill in ball-park figures. This will be worth it for individual and group confidence. We look forward to your responses.

See the survey here http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=36

Please post this information on other sites to get more people to participate in this survey.

jediknight
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Filled out. Will post this in other forums and email lists

Nil
11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
This was very prompt of you guys.
Keep up the momentum.
The community and (we believe) this country needs professionals of your caliber.

ak_2006
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I completed the form.

rp0lol
11-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I completed the form, all others, please do so.

eb3_2004
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I finished this survey!!!

fromnaija
11-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Done!

I would have love to see a section to show that we are law-abiding and the contribution of our family to our community and the economy. For instance my son has graduated college and now working, paying taxes and contributing to the US economy. And I am sure that most of you here who have college age kids are sending them to colleges and sometimes even paying out-of-state tuition to boot.

Nil
11-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Done!

I would have love to see a section to show that we are law-abiding and the contribution of our family to our community and the economy. For instance my son has graduated college and now working, paying taxes and contributing to the US economy. And I am sure that most of you here who have college age kids are sending them to colleges and sometimes even paying out-of-state tuition to boot.

Thank You for filling in and for your suggestion.
Have you filled some details in the section of "Any other way you have contributed to the American Economy / Community." in the survey?

trramesh
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
All,
Please post this information on other sites to get more people to participate in this survey. The survey ends on Dec 15.

Pappu,
Is this survey open to every one beyond donor forum.

pappu
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Pappu,
Is this survey open to every one beyond donor forum.

Yes. It is open to everyone and is under 'Action Items for everyone' forum.

fromnaija
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Actually, I did fill out that part.

Thank You for filling in and for your suggestion.
Have you filled some details in the section of "Any other way you have contributed to the American Economy / Community." in the survey?

sandy_anand
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Filled out the form...

godspeed
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
completed the survey

Karthikthiru
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Just completed

kartikiran
11-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Done.

I would have liked another field which asks how much money has been moved away from USA due to uncertainty with the wait for green card.

Personally, I wish I had parked my savings money in USA, but due to green card limbo I ended up moving all that money outside to another country to invest.

Only reason, I am not sure where my life would end without knowing an answer to my green card application.

I think this is a key point which is missing in the survey.

Nil
11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
^^^^

Nil
11-10-2009, 03:54 PM
^^^^

ebizash
11-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Finished the survey

jhaalaa
11-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree that every single job loss matters and I support keeping jobs here where possible - unless essential.

Interestingly, jobs lost due to outsourcing are far less than other factors. Here is some interesting survey link:

Where the Jobs Went - Careers (http://www.cioinsight.com/c/a/Careers/Where-the-Jobs-Went-517950/?kc=CIOMINUTE11112009CIOA)

The reason I posted it here is because the anti-immigrant lobby also views immigrants as supporters of outsourcing - which is not true because we look wholistically from an economic perspective. Also we are comparatively less emotionally charged about local issues, something that we should be more involved in to ensure comfortable assimilation for natives and immigrants alike.

trramesh
11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
/\/\

trramesh
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Guys,

Pls participate in the survey for your own good. We need these figures to show the worth of our community to whom it may matter.

Nil
11-13-2009, 01:06 AM
^^^^

trramesh
11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
If you know any of your friends that qualify for the survey but have not participated, pls ask them to fill it in. The more data we have, the more it is to our advantage.