PDA

View Full Version : Mother's GC

kannan
11-01-2009, 01:11 PM
My father expired suddenly, my mother is alone ,How long will it take if my sister apply GC for my Mother.I know she comes under family quota, but does she need visa no available for the approval. My sister lives in Texas.

number30
11-01-2009, 01:29 PM
My father expired suddenly, my mother is alone ,How long will it take if my sister apply GC for my Mother.I know she comes under family quota, but does she need visa no available for the approval. My sister lives in Texas.

If your sister is a citizen she needs to apply for I-130. Once I-130 is approved she will be called for the interview in local consulate. Normally it takes around six to eight months.

If your mother is already here she can apply for I-130 and I-485 together.

kannan
11-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the information.
Do we need visa no available for this catagory.
We brought our mom with us ,at present she is here only. Can we apply AP also, because she needs to travel for my Dad's 1 st anniversary pooja.My concern is visa no availability for this catagory.

vinzak
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Visa numbers are immediately available for parents of citizens. If your sister is a citizen, your mom will not have to wait for a visa number to be available.

shreekhand
11-01-2009, 11:37 PM
kannan,

Why are you not mentioning what immigration status your sister is in ! How do you expect people to give you any meaningful answer without this.... Just amazed !

number30
11-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the information.
Do we need visa no available for this catagory.
We brought our mom with us ,at present she is here only. Can we apply AP also, because she needs to travel for my Dad's 1 st anniversary pooja.My concern is visa no availability for this catagory.

Spouse and parents of USC are exempt catergoty. Visa number is always available to them. She can apply for AP /EAD if required.

kannan
11-02-2009, 12:25 AM
kannan,

Why are you not mentioning what immigration status your sister is in ! How do you expect people to give you any meaningful answer without this.... Just amazed !

All of them in this forum knows that only US Citizen can sponser for their Parents, thats why I did not mention and ofcourse all answerd my question.My sister is a US Citizen.Thanks to all .