PDA

View Full Version : Submit I-94 upon departure from U.S.?

mrb98688
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I have recently received my green card (Sep '09). I was on my 6th year of H1-B which expires in Jan 2010. I have always travelled on my H1-B and received an I-94 every time I have entered the U.S.. I obtained my last I-94 in June '09, which is currently stapled on to my passport.

My question: Do I have to submit the current I-94 to the airline when I leave the U.S. next?

frostrated
10-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I have recently received my green card (Sep '09). I was on my 6th year of H1-B which expires in Jan 2010. I have always travelled on my H1-B and received an I-94 every time I have entered the U.S.. I obtained my last I-94 in June '09, which is currently stapled on to my passport.

My question: Do I have to submit the current I-94 to the airline when I leave the U.S. next?
no. your uscis record will be updated automatically. I-94 is only used to determine how long you stayed in the country between each entry and exit. once you get the GC, you are no longer required to have an I-94.

mrb98688
10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I think the best course of action would be explain my situation and ask the airlines upon departure if they want the I-94. I am sure they must have come across similar cases. Personally, I would feel more comfortable if the airlines take the I-94 from me, but we shall see at the airport.

wandmaker
10-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I think the best course of action would be explain my situation and ask the airlines upon departure if they want the I-94. I am sure they must have come across similar cases. Personally, I would feel more comfortable if the airlines take the I-94 from me, but we shall see at the airport.

Just show your passport with I-94, they will usually take it - if not, ask them to take it; some airline counter geniuses don't understand what you are trying to convey, so don't explain anything

InTheMoment
10-15-2009, 09:59 PM

Your current I-94 has no value, so just keep it with you for records. Whether you give or not, it has no effect as the document is null and void since you got your status adjusted to LPR!

The airlines would hardly care if you give it to them or not. Eitherways, there is no reason to give it them either.

dealsnet
10-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I-94 have no value after getting the GC.
I did traveled to India this year for the first time after getting the GC. I didn't submit anything. Behaved like a normal GC person. Shown the GC to the airline. All my I-94 is at home.
After GC, I did tried to forget about H1B, I-94 nightmares.

Your current I-94 has no value, so just keep it with you for records. Whether you give or not, it has no effect as the document is null and void since you got your status adjusted to LPR!

The airlines would hardly care if you give it to them or not. Eitherways, there is no reason to give it them either.