PDA

View Full Version : Long term stay in India while on AP

redford
06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Is it safe to stay in India for long term (say 4-5 months) while you are on Advance Parole?

My wife is on pending I-485 and she has valid Advance Parole/ EAD (she has H4 extension but she didn't go to consulate to get it stamped when she went to India last time and decided to be on AP/EAD). Now she is planning to go to India for 4-5 months, so my question is: "IS IT SAFE TO BE IN INDIA FOR SUCH LONG WHILE YOU ARE ON AP?" She has valid AP till May 2010.

RDB
06-25-2009, 12:20 PM
My wife stayed for 4 months and no questions asked on re-entry to US.

Is it safe to stay in India for long term (say 4-5 months) while you are on Advance Parole?

My wife is on pending I-485 and she has valid Advance Parole/ EAD (she has H4 extension but she didn't go to consulate to get it stamped when she went to India last time and decided to be on AP/EAD). Now she is planning to go to India for 4-5 months, so my question is: "IS IT SAFE TO BE IN INDIA FOR SUCH LONG WHILE YOU ARE ON AP?" She has valid AP till May 2010.

frostrated
06-25-2009, 02:08 PM

as long as she returns before the expiry date on the AP, she is fine.

gcbikari
06-25-2009, 02:53 PM
My wife stayed little less than 6 months. After she came back, we got renewed her already expired EAD. FYI.

IneedAllGreen
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
My wife came to USA last year on AP after staying for 3 months in India. Couple of my company related questions were asked but rest was OK. You and your wife should be fine.

Thanks

gcwait2007
06-30-2009, 01:06 AM
I am on EAD and I dont have any current employment, except a good faith future employment offer. I am already in bench more than 4 months and tired of it. I want to travel to India and come back after 2 months, using AP. What sort of questions being asked while entering USA and what documents I need to provide?

Thanks in advance