PDA

View Full Version : Urgent issue with Advance parole...pls help!!!

traveldoc
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Guys,
I applied for Advance parole in 1st week of August. I called to expedite it on 2nd sept (due to family emergency) and they responded back to my request saying they had already approved my application on 1st Sept and mailed me a notice. Since I didn't receive it even after 3 weeks, I was sure my approval notice got lost in mail so I applied again (since I had to leave to India immediately because of the family emergency) and 2nd application reached them on 22nd sept and on 28th I received a receipt notice for the second application. On 24th sept I got an email saying my first AP application was approved and I received that notice on Oct 1st. Now my second application is pending and I have to leave latest by this Thursday. People are saying I can write a letter to TSC asking to withdraw my second application and they will just withdraw it. But now is it safe to travel before I hear something about my second application? Anyone been in this situation before? pls advice.

keiryu
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Go to your nearest USCIS office with a copy of your application and a letter proving your emergency (if not in english, have a law office translate it). they should be able to produce an AP at the spot. My in laws just got their AP last week.

va_dude
10-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I agree with the other post.

You need to make a visit to the nearest uscis office tomorrow morning and give them the details and preferably get that second AP application withdrawn or cancelled or whatever.

Now did you receive just the approval notice for the first AP or did you actually get the AP document? Make sure you got the actual AP document (the one with the photo, etc.).

Good luck. I think you should be fine.

Brightsider
10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
My cousin was able to get it same day.
Drop everything and visit the local/nearest office as soon as you can.
The guys there are usually very sympathetic in such cases.

Best of luck