PDA

View Full Version : 4 RFEs issued but 3 got missing?

meragreencard
06-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi... on 9th June I got CRIS emails for all 4 of us " Request for Additional Evidence Sent", attorney confirmed that he has received only RFE for my daughter for Medical ( her Signature missing on the form)... still waiting for my RFE, my wife & my son's RFE's... I have only two weeks left to respond... what are my options? If the RFE's are lost in the mail then how can I get a copy of the RFE's... please help...

Thanks

psaxena
06-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Call USCIS immediately and find out what happened to the rest.. just don't sit on it.

Also ask the extension of time to reply as well.

Hi... on 9th June I got CRIS emails for all 4 of us " Request for Additional Evidence Sent", attorney confirmed that he has received only RFE for my daughter for Medical ( her Signature missing on the form)... still waiting for my RFE, my wife & my son's RFE's... I have only two weeks left to respond... what are my options? If the RFE's are lost in the mail then how can I get a copy of the RFE's... please help...

Thanks

kris04
06-24-2009, 06:47 PM

Thanks

I suggest you to take quickly an infopass appointment and talk to USCIS agent in person to get the details, my friend did that way once his previous attorney lost the RFE due to change in address.

HTH

kris

ajay
06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Normally they should issue another set of RFE after 15 days if you haven't got them. You can also call them to fax you the information which will help you to expedite the process.
Good luck.

ocpmachine
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM

Thanks

I just went throught his 15 days ago, USCIS issued RFE for me+wife and 15 days passed with no signs of RFE mail...So i contacted USCIS using POJ method and spoke to 3 officers, first 2 were not that helpful they asked me to wait for the mail but the 3rd officer was able to fax the contents of RFE the same day. Then i contacted my congressman to get the RFE respond by deadline extended which was extended later on.

One of the Officer when i called told me that RFE getting lost is 'common' these days and we should try to respond by the date mentioned in the original RFE or else the appln can be rejected.

I had bad experience with Infopass, the folks there are useless with no power, all they do i send email/call to NSC/TSC where your case is pending with no followups. I think Congreesman intervention here has highest imact.

My advice is to start acting if >11 days has passed since RFE issue date, Good Luck.

meragreencard
06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Thank you so much you all for contributing with your suggestions and helping me out with this mess. My attorney called USCIS and they were able to get the fax copies from the USCIS.

Just wanted to update you all that our RFE's are for the following:

Proof of status from August 2007
Employment letter
Medical (doctor forgot to ask us to sign the Form I-693... our signature missing)
Address Change : Our condo association changed the current condo address... I did change the new address of the same place at the USCIS but forgot to change on the driving lic., couple of months back we did the Biometrics and they used the Driv. Lic. address, which is the old address so the RFE is for how long I am living at the new address (technically its the same address... but on Biometrics they consider driver license address as the current address)

For the family its Medical (doctor forgot to ask us to sign the Form I-693... our signature missing) and Address Change...

Thanks