PDA

View Full Version : Sept 2009 - Recent EAD and AP experience

BharatPremi
09-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Guys,

We filed for My Son's EAD on 17th september to Texas SVC Center and today we received Physical card at home. This is a surprising experience.

The same kind of experience for AP. Today our APs got approved though original papers have not been received yet.

Is this normal work out time for EAD and APs for the USCIS or I just got lucky?

Thanks.

bmoni
09-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Did you do it online or paper. I'm about to apply for my ead.

reddy_h
09-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes my AP approval was very quick.

stevensjd
09-30-2009, 11:19 PM
My wife's AP approved in one week and we also received the AP document yesterday...

BharatPremi
09-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Did you do it online or paper. I'm about to apply for my ead.

Paper.

sparky_jones
09-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Paper.
Paper filed applications are much quicker than e-filed ones at USCIS. The reason is that their internal processes are still designed for paper processing only. The e-filed application is converted to paper before being processed. Since the supporting documents are shipped separately by the applicant, the time it takes to bring the supporting documentation to the file adds to the delay. The only advantage with e-filing is the instant gratification of a receipt number.

BharatPremi
10-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Paper filed applications are much quicker than e-filed ones at USCIS. The reason is that their internal processes are still designed for paper processing only. The e-filed application is converted to paper before being processed. Since the supporting documents are shipped separately by the applicant, the time it takes to bring the supporting documentation to the file adds to the delay. The only advantage with e-filing is the instant gratification of a receipt number.

That makes sense. I wish somebdoy who e-filed recently come up with their own recent experience.

paripassu.usa
10-01-2009, 01:28 AM
I applied AP using E file on July 25th ..still no response from TSC only received notices. called up them twice or thrice only response I get is no information required from your side and case is assigned to officer nothing else than that.

looivy
10-01-2009, 01:46 AM
That makes sense. I wish somebdoy who e-filed recently come up with their own recent experience.

I e-filed AP at TSC on 8/24 and it was approved in a month's time on 9/24. I am still waiting for it in the mail though.

IV core mentioned about some of the admin fixes in another thread. Is this speedy approval one of them?

ken
10-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Here is my situation

I opted for renewing the AP online on Sept 22,2009.Got the receipt at the same time, and next day which is Sept 23 i sent the supporting documents along with the cover letter,2 photographs ,confirmation receipt ,485 receipt, DL copy and passport copy from Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Today when I tried to check the status on postal website it says that document scanned on Sept 23 which means they haven't reached the destination, now this concerns me because previously when ever I applied AP and sent the supporting documents they normally take 2 to 3 business days to reach.

Now my question:

1) If suppose the AP supporting documents get lost in mail then can I send the documents again and if in the mean time postal service delivers the first set

In between I see soft LUD's of 9/25,28,30 on my AP

All responses to the above matter is highly appreciated

BharatPremi
10-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Here is my situation

I opted for renewing the AP online on Sept 22,2009.Got the receipt at the same time, and next day which is Sept 23 i sent the supporting documents along with the cover letter,2 photographs ,confirmation receipt ,485 receipt, DL copy and passport copy from Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Today when I tried to check the status on postal website it says that document scanned on Sept 23 which means they haven't reached the destination, now this concerns me because previously when ever I applied AP and sent the supporting documents they normally take 2 to 3 business days to reach.

Now my question:

1) If suppose the AP supporting documents get lost in mail then can I send the documents again and if in the mean time postal service delivers the first set

In between I see soft LUD's of 9/25,28,30 on my AP

All responses to the above matter is highly appreciated

Did you call to postal service and ask for the mail status?

ken
10-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Yes I called postal service on Sept 29th and ask them the status they too have the same status. But they do opened a case for me and told me that some one will get back to me today evening. But no reply from them yet.

BharatPremi
10-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Yes I called postal service on Sept 29th and ask them the status they too have the same status. But they do opened a case for me and told me that some one will get back to me today evening. But no reply from them yet.

I'm assuming you are not using any lawyer services for this case. If that would be the case then I would call USCIS and referring the receipt number I would ask the representative what the probable action you may take in this scenario. If you already have lamawyer, certainly s/he can help you. Generally I believe there is nothing wrong in sending the second set to USCIS as it is merely the duplicate of first set of the docs and so you should not face any problem.

ken
10-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks BharatPremi for your response, Do you have the steps handy which I need to follow after dialing the 800 number. If you have it handy can you please send it to me Else I can do a google or search in the forum.

Thanks Again for all your response. In beween I see another soft LUD on AP case so now the LUD's happened on 9/25,29,30,1 No Idea what is cooking or they are preparing for an RFE.

I'm assuming you are not using any lawyer services for this case. If that would be the case then I would call USCIS and referring the receipt number I would ask the representative what the probable action you may take in this scenario. If you already have lamawyer, certainly s/he can help you. Generally I believe there is nothing wrong in sending the second set to USCIS as it is merely the duplicate of first set of the docs and so you should not face any problem.

RDB
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Yes, e-filed AP on Sept 2, 2009 and received approval on Sept, 23rd, 2009. That is incredibly fast - plus I didn't send anything.....no photos, no documents....nothing!

I e-filed AP at TSC on 8/24 and it was approved in a month's time on 9/24. I am still waiting for it in the mail though.

IV core mentioned about some of the admin fixes in another thread. Is this speedy approval one of them?

dummgelauft
10-01-2009, 10:45 PM
My AP was filed on Sept 17th, approved on Sept 28th. Waiting for the actual documents.

bowbow
10-01-2009, 11:08 PM
i see some people applied AP online(Efile).
Can anyone guide me how to apply AP online(Efile).

paripassu.usa
10-02-2009, 01:44 AM
everybody seems to get AP pretty quickly, I got the EAD in last october pretty quickly at that time. What might have gone wrong I am wondering since Jul 25th I am just wating ,there was a daily LUD change on it till july30 after that nothing .. even thing like AP we have to dream now

BharatPremi
10-02-2009, 03:28 AM
Thanks BharatPremi for your response, Do you have the steps handy which I need to follow after dialing the 800 number. If you have it handy can you please send it to me Else I can do a google or search in the forum.

Thanks Again for all your response. In beween I see another soft LUD on AP case so now the LUD's happened on 9/25,29,30,1 No Idea what is cooking or they are preparing for an RFE.

If you are getting soft lUDs almost daily then motly thet are working on your case actively. I had the similar observation for ourcases. One soft LUD per day for 5 days. Perhaps that may lead to final decisio quickly. You may try "3-1" afer calling USCIS to reach to the "person" quickly.

ken
10-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Today my e filed application for AP got approved.

E filed on Sept 23 and Approved on Oct 2. And I mailed the documents but as per USPS tracking system it is not yet delivered , So either there is some fault in USPS tracking system or USCIS has just approved my case based on previous AP details.

Will wait for the documents to arrive.

Thanks Bunch to Bharat Premi for his prompt reply

krupa
10-03-2009, 03:40 PM
When I filed my AP on line ( e filing) I got it in 7 days , because my expected travel date was within 15 days of my application.

If your travel date as mentioned is very nearer , then they process fast, whether it is paper application or e filing.

rsayed
10-03-2009, 04:32 PM
When I filed my AP on line ( e filing) I got it in 7 days , because my expected travel date was within 15 days of my application.

If your travel date as mentioned is very nearer , then they process fast, whether it is paper application or e filing.

Applied (AP - 131) on Aug 21st - Approved on Sep 25th. Both myself and spouse.

Yet to receive AP in mail. Total processing time - 34 days.

paripassu.usa
10-07-2009, 01:26 AM
today TSC customer service told that they have approved my wife'a AP . The online status is still yet to change "still showing initial review" but the LUDs have changed and also confirmed 2 days in a row on phone and it seems to be approved. can she travel to india now and I can then send the document to her by mail. Is that allowed ? One does not require AP while going out of USA correct? Is it safe to plan trip on USCIS customer service rep's verbal update ? Please guide

raamskl
11-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Efiled and got the EAD in 2 weeks. Got an RFE on the AP though, saying that no photo was sent. I had sent in the photos in snail mail in one package for both EAD and AP, guess that is the problem.

Responded to the RFE with the photo's and got the AP in another 2 weeks.

I was surprised though that the AP was for only 1 year even though the EAD was for 2 years. Google tells me that, that is the norm and that 2 year AP's are not issued. Can you tell me if that is true or did my case get messed up due to the RFE?

Cheers.

nousername
11-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I think that is true.. I got 2yr EAD but only 1yr. AP.

Efiled and got the EAD in 2 weeks. Got an RFE on the AP though, saying that no photo was sent. I had sent in the photos in snail mail in one package for both EAD and AP, guess that is the problem.

Responded to the RFE with the photo's and got the AP in another 2 weeks.

I was surprised though that the AP was for only 1 year even though the EAD was for 2 years. Google tells me that, that is the norm and that 2 year AP's are not issued. Can you tell me if that is true or did my case get messed up due to the RFE?

Cheers.