PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Air India

teky
09-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Experience with Air India

It is with great shame I bring out this piece to you about how Air India is using the "India" tag by cheating its innocent citizens and show its ugly real face. I have never seen anything so unprofessional and have no hesitation to say they are the worst airline in the world.

Passengers:

Father-in-Law (FIL) and Mother-in-Law with baby

My in-laws were returning to India via Air India on September 24th from EWR (Newark, NJ) airport after brief US visit.

Ticketing Experience:

We started the whole process 1 month earlier and contacted Air India (1800 223 7776) about the booking. First we got an answer saying that the class we booked in is full and we have to pay another 40$ per person for another segment. For that we had to call another AI booking# and after 40 mins on the call could reach an agent. We
got new confirmation #s and when asked for the basinet seat was told they could not see the seats and have a special request sent and asked me to call back in 3 days to confirm. We called like 5-6 times and everytime were told they cannot view the seats and when asked to see for seats in another segment or another date, we were told to
re-book again and then ask for seats. How on earth could an airline not see available seats in its aircraft.They have taken customer service to new digraceful level.I roped in my brother in law to go to AI office in Newark and try with an agent directly. Even after
going for 2-3 times directly to the AI office, my BIL failed to secure us the seats. After all the tries we were ultimately told to go to the Airport sooner on the travel date so we can get a basinet seat.

Journey Day:
On the date of the travel in-laws reached at 2:00 PM at the airport in hopes that they will get a basinet seat. The agent gave them a hard time and we had to go back n forth 2-3 times for getting the seats confirmed and have in-laws and baby seated together. I think the whole ticketing at the aiport is being handled by a third party who
are doing a horrible job. My FIL in the meanwhile buys a gift at the custom notified shops at EWR.The flight which was to depart at 6: 20 PM was ready for take off when all of a sudden the pilot says there is a technical problem (God knows what would have happened had the flight taken off). The flight returns to the gate and the passengers are told to wait until they fix the problem. They wait for 2 hours and are asked to then wait in the
boarding area until they really look into the technical problem. (In the meanwhile we hear on Indian TV channels that there is a Pilot strike going on in AI regarding Pilot pay package which adds to our tension). The Air India (airindia.com) website is for show off only with few flight images and had no flight status. We immediately call the AI office in Newark who have no-clue what is going on. When I asked the problem they said it is confidential and cannot be told:(. Eventually all the passengers are told that the flight has been
cancelled for the day and should return the next day and all the checked in baggage will be returned. My poor in-laws with baby had to return back and reached home at 3:00 AM in the morning.

The next day:

The next day the whole scene repeats again and we had to deal with the irritable AI ticket agents who say they are missing something at their whim. We were able to get a basinet seat this time also and happy we were all set for the 6:20 PM flight. This time we gave my FIL a pre-paid cell phone. The same thing repeats again. This time they wait in the boarding area and are told that the pilots have gone to repair the earlier (Sep 24) flight which had an issue. They wait patiently until 10:15 PM. We were all tensed here
and were expecting the flight to be cancelled this day also. No body from AI was available this day to pick-up and explain what is happening. The call re-directs to India who have no idea about the flight status in US. My FIL eventually calls at 10:30 PM and said that they will be boarding soon.

Frankfurt stop:

The flight has a stop at Franfurt and the passengers were asked to go to another terminal
for boarding the same aircraft. They had to go through the security check again and to my FIL's horror, the gift he bought at EWR duty free shop was not allowed and removed. When he showed the receipt they said that the gift has been bought in
US and cannot be allawed into the aircraft. :(Air India where are you and what a Maharaja experience.

Worst website ever:

In the mean while we keep checking the AI web site which I think is one of the worst web sites I have ever been to. I think that this contract is also being awarded to some third party with crores of tax payer money. we were looking for schedules of flight which departed on Sep 25 from Newark airport and here it shows th schedule of the 24th
flight.

Customer Service in Mumbai:

We tried to track the flight (if flightreached Mumbai) by calling AI desk in Mumbai. They had no idea and after repeated calls could reach an agent who made some research and
told that the flight has reached Mumbai and gave further schedule of the flight.

Flight reaches Hyderabad:

The flight reached Hyderabad after change of flight in Mumbai.

Luggage:

Some of the luggage was missing. To our horror the bags we got had stuff from some other people's bags. Please leave the luggage Air India.

Summary:

What a mess Air India. You have taken advantage of the "always yielding" Indians who prefer you for a home experience. Please remove the word "India" nd the "Maharaja" symbol as you are no longer fit for that.

arnab221
09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
On the contrary Air India is one of the best airlines now and I fly air India all the time .
You might not find young women in tight skirts as the cabin crew but the service of the middle aged Air-India crew is very good.
They have spanking new 777's with wide seats and latest entertainment systems. Tickets are real cheap and round trip to India can be as low as $650 to $700 with taxes per person . When flights are empty I can streach on 3 seats and sleep . JFK to Mumbai nonstop is only 13 hours , sometimes done in 12 also , which is what I spend sometimes when I travel from NYC to LA . On the contrary if you go through Europe it takes like 26 hours and immigration and all the hassle in London/Frankfurt and unecessary waste of time .Air India meals are Indian and not sphagetti and pasta like the western airlines( not to hurt the sentiments of the pasta , spagetti lovers ).
The staff is generous and many times I have been offerred multiple meals on the airline when they see that a person my size ( 6' 1) has to survive on a small morsel like that . :D. Drinks when asked are served generously.
The staff is very good and polite and last but not the least , it is my national airline .

Off course the airline has been affected because of some mismanagement and I consider the Indian government to be responsible for the same not the airline staff , cabin crew and pilots .

reddymjm
09-29-2009, 08:06 AM
All these happend to me on NWA and Lufthansa as well. It is just that day and time.

ksvreg
09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry to hear your inlaws trouble. It happens and sometimes concidentally it will be worst. Till today, they was a huge communication gap exists in Air line industry. Need to overhaul. But they ignored it or took it very low priority who knows. Nowadays I prepared to board airlines with a mindset of expected delays and questioning my self what happens if it is a major delay. (be preapred with prepaid cell phones, accommadations, food, medications, rental car etc.,)

Similary USCIS also need to streamline our case approvals and Visa dates. Need to overhaul the communication gap. World emerged and advanced on Intenet technologies but still big communication or new communications gap exist :(

edaltsis
09-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Other Airlines are no good either, I have had much bitter experiences with other Airlines. Air India is much better and I always travel by Air India.

rockstart
09-29-2009, 11:03 AM
All these happend to me on NWA and Lufthansa as well. It is just that day and time.

I have worst experience flying Gulf Air. I have never again used that airline. They treat you like bad and only way to get your rights is to fight and create a scene which I cannot do so best option is to avoid that airline.

I had recent experience with continental the flight got cancelled but the staff was good they immediately gave me tickets to Virgin Atlantic (which was earliest departure) but I had Advanced Parole and so could not take VA. Then I asked if I can get Qatar Airways and they did not ask any questions immediately booked me qatar. So my experience with continental at ticketing desk was awesome but the staff inside was not that great they were just Ok.

I feel Qatar is the best airline to fly. I prefer that one for now.

sidbee
09-29-2009, 11:12 AM

It is with great shame I bring out this piece to you about how Air India is using the "India" tag by cheating its innocent citizens and show its ugly real face. I have never seen anything so unprofessional and have no hesitation to say they are the worst airline in the world.

Passengers:

My in-laws were returning to India via Air India on September 24th from EWR (Newark, NJ) airport after brief US visit.

Ticketing Experience:

We started the whole process 1 month earlier and contacted Air India (1800 223 7776) about the booking. First we got an answer saying that the class we booked in is full and we have to pay another 40$ per person for another segment. For that we had to call another AI booking# and after 40 mins on the call could reach an agent. We
got new confirmation #s and when asked for the basinet seat was told they could not see the seats and have a special request sent and asked me to call back in 3 days to confirm. We called like 5-6 times and everytime were told they cannot view the seats and when asked to see for seats in another segment or another date, we were told to
re-book again and then ask for seats. How on earth could an airline not see available seats in its aircraft.They have taken customer service to new digraceful level.I roped in my brother in law to go to AI office in Newark and try with an agent directly. Even after
going for 2-3 times directly to the AI office, my BIL failed to secure us the seats. After all the tries we were ultimately told to go to the Airport sooner on the travel date so we can get a basinet seat.

Journey Day:
On the date of the travel in-laws reached at 2:00 PM at the airport in hopes that they will get a basinet seat. The agent gave them a hard time and we had to go back n forth 2-3 times for getting the seats confirmed and have in-laws and baby seated together. I think the whole ticketing at the aiport is being handled by a third party who
are doing a horrible job. My FIL in the meanwhile buys a gift at the custom notified shops at EWR.The flight which was to depart at 6: 20 PM was ready for take off when all of a sudden the pilot says there is a technical problem (God knows what would have happened had the flight taken off). The flight returns to the gate and the passengers are told to wait until they fix the problem. They wait for 2 hours and are asked to then wait in the
boarding area until they really look into the technical problem. (In the meanwhile we hear on Indian TV channels that there is a Pilot strike going on in AI regarding Pilot pay package which adds to our tension). The Air India (airindia.com) website is for show off only with few flight images and had no flight status. We immediately call the AI office in Newark who have no-clue what is going on. When I asked the problem they said it is confidential and cannot be told:(. Eventually all the passengers are told that the flight has been
cancelled for the day and should return the next day and all the checked in baggage will be returned. My poor in-laws with baby had to return back and reached home at 3:00 AM in the morning.

The next day:

The next day the whole scene repeats again and we had to deal with the irritable AI ticket agents who say they are missing something at their whim. We were able to get a basinet seat this time also and happy we were all set for the 6:20 PM flight. This time we gave my FIL a pre-paid cell phone. The same thing repeats again. This time they wait in the boarding area and are told that the pilots have gone to repair the earlier (Sep 24) flight which had an issue. They wait patiently until 10:15 PM. We were all tensed here
and were expecting the flight to be cancelled this day also. No body from AI was available this day to pick-up and explain what is happening. The call re-directs to India who have no idea about the flight status in US. My FIL eventually calls at 10:30 PM and said that they will be boarding soon.

Frankfurt stop:

The flight has a stop at Franfurt and the passengers were asked to go to another terminal
for boarding the same aircraft. They had to go through the security check again and to my FIL's horror, the gift he bought at EWR duty free shop was not allowed and removed. When he showed the receipt they said that the gift has been bought in
US and cannot be allawed into the aircraft. :(Air India where are you and what a Maharaja experience.

Worst website ever:

In the mean while we keep checking the AI web site which I think is one of the worst web sites I have ever been to. I think that this contract is also being awarded to some third party with crores of tax payer money. we were looking for schedules of flight which departed on Sep 25 from Newark airport and here it shows th schedule of the 24th
flight.

We tried to track the flight (if flightreached Mumbai) by calling AI desk in Mumbai. They had no idea and after repeated calls could reach an agent who made some research and
told that the flight has reached Mumbai and gave further schedule of the flight.

Luggage:

Some of the luggage was missing. To our horror the bags we got had stuff from some other people's bags. Please leave the luggage Air India.

Summary:

What a mess Air India. You have taken advantage of the "always yielding" Indians who prefer you for a home experience. Please remove the word "India" nd the "Maharaja" symbol as you are no longer fit for that.

Whats the point ?? Talking crap of the national airlines , on an immigration forum.

You should go and talk about this on some travel/airlines forums.

IV should not allow these kinds of threads, which waste server space.

On the contrary , spend more money , and travel in Lufthansa.

sidbee
09-29-2009, 11:15 AM
On the contrary Air India is one of the best airlines now and I fly air India all the time .
You might not find young women in tight skirts as the cabin crew but the service of the middle aged Air-India crew is very good.
They have spanking new 777's with wide seats and latest entertainment systems. Tickets are real cheap and round trip to India can be as low as $650 to $700 with taxes per person . When flights are empty I can streach on 3 seats and sleep . JFK to Mumbai nonstop is only 13 hours , sometimes done in 12 also , which is what I spend sometimes when I travel from NYC to LA . On the contrary if you go through Europe it takes like 26 hours and immigration and all the hassle in London/Frankfurt and unecessary waste of time .Air India meals are Indian and not sphagetti and pasta like the western airlines( not to hurt the sentiments of the pasta , spagetti lovers ).
The staff is generous and many times I have been offerred multiple meals on the airline when they see that a person my size ( 6' 1) has to survive on a small morsel like that . :D. Drinks when asked are served generously.
The staff is very good and polite and last but not the least , it is my national airline .

Off course the airline has been affected because of some mismanagement and I consider the Indian government to be responsible for the same not the airline staff , cabin crew and pilots .

I agree buddy .. We should fly AI and help it survive the crisis, rather than paying money to other Airlines.

h1techSlave
09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I also had only positive experience with AI. My bad experiences with airlines are only with Gulf based ones. All Gulf based carriers treat you like shit and charge extra for the bad treatment.

vikramy
09-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I had similar experience in 2007. I had to shuttle 2 to 3 days between bombay and delhi airports. AI staff (outside) are not professional.

But i heard similar stories reg Lufthansa, Air France also even though they are not so worst and so frequent.

still i never travelled in AI after that.

Passengers:

Ticketing Experience:

Journey Day:

The next day:

Frankfurt stop:

Worst website ever:

flight.

Luggage:

Summary:

rajsenthil
09-29-2009, 11:55 AM
I like Singapore Airlines. They are good and on time, when ever I traveled with them from west coast. I never traveled with AI and don't think I will go with them in the future. I would rather try Jet Airways as I heard good things about them.

sanjay
09-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Agreed 100% with you. I had traveled to India by British Airways, Cathay pacific, Gulf and Air India ( thrice ) and I can say the best service is from AI compared to all others. I had once traveled with BA with my 1 year old son and had some horrific experience with them. Again had to travel when he is 1 year 7 months old in Air India. Experience with AI was many times better compared to BA. Being all hostess are Indian they understand and take things personally to help you out of situation where as ALL other airlines go by rules and had no sympathy to its passenger problems.

AIR INDIA ROCKS.

psaxena
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
I bought my own private jet and I travel in that only. On top of it , to keep an eye on my own private jet's schedule(which flies only for me) I got website developed as well.

Also, I got 5 strippers (sorry air hostess) to entertain me during the flight. Guys if you want to fly in my Private jet and avail all the facilities on board please call my dreamland office and speak to Ms. Fantasy and book up a ticket to neverland.

Adios

letstalklc
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
They are cheap compare to other airlines and if you travel from JFK,there is direct flight to Mumbai, it will take you there in 13 hours, which is really good....offcourse the Air India staff are not professional, I have no right words to explain about them, in a scale 1 to 10, I will not even rate them as '1'........if you miss connection in Mumbai, then you have to struggle like any thing, nobody will help out...no proper plan at all....they feel that they are kings and can do any thing.....not at all customer friendly, If I am the boss for AI, first I will train them how to treat the customers, if they refused to learn, I will fire them.....yes, just firing is the solution.....

Let me know guys, If there is any website to complaint about the CS, we all should complaint about them, at least they will change little......

desitechie
09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I agree with the OP that Air India is one of the worst airlines for service. I have travelled a lot in AI due to company policy peviously.

Now that I dont have any obligation, I always prefer Singapore and Cathay pacific. They rock!!!

Excellent service (specially for elderly people and kids), fresh food and reasonable prices.

thomachan72
09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Airline industry has changed a lot. People still asume that travelling on a plane is something aristrocratic. Not any more. Airline industry has realized that mostly what consumer cares for is "price" and also that most of the travellers are "obligatory travellers" particularly on international flights. So the rules have been written with lots of ambiguity and also since international travel involves multiple countries the legal battle is also not often successful against the airlines. Another thing is that most often people purchase tickets from agents and not directly from the airlines and often there are multiple airline cariers involved in international flights. It is a very complicated issue and it is kept that way so that the consumer has litterally no way to complain.
My advice; Treat airlines just like a cab. Dont expect good treatment from the staff and dont respect them either. Dont behave as if you are in a 5-star hotel once you enter the airport instead feel that you have entered a railway station which is the least predictable. Enjoy the fun if your flight is on time but dont always plan to be on time. Forget eating good food on flights and dont argue if you get bad because that is what it is most of the time "bad". Good behaviour from the flight attendents / customer service...No not at all. I dont expect them to behave properly at all. If one happens to deviate from the norm and behave nicely I just smile back and acknowledge the craziness.

Finally; If you have decided to take a flight to somewhere remember to enjoy all the rest of the trip and be prepared for the worst part of it that begins the moment you step into an airport and get out of the F****** place. People people people when are you all going to get it. airport and flying is no longer luxory. It is just the cheapest thing we are forced to do during our busy lives.

thomachan72
09-29-2009, 02:08 PM
continuation from my previous post;
And why is the flying so terrible these days?? because the airline industry is the least profitable among all industries. Most are bankrupt or on the verge and the people working there are all tensed about their jobs. It is the worst time to be in airline industry. Our only hope is that the certification agency (if there is any such thing) makes sure that the industry uses aircrafts which are checked thoroughly and in operatable conditions. They arlready are completely negligient on customer satisfaction (everybody customer+industry officials know it). Hope they are not negligient regarding safety standards.

bondgoli007
09-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Thomachan,
We need more people on this forum and in the world like you!!

Very humorous insight and practical perspective.

addsf345
09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
SORRY BROTHER, I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU AND YOUR WAYS of TRYING TO HURT REPUTATION OF SOME otherwise better AIRLINE.

we have some really bad bad exp with lufthansa last year. same way my coworker had a horror story with northwest airlines. There were some IV thread of bad treatment of indians by airfrance at paris. Things can go bad. It shouldn't, but it does. Doesn't mean you not only make a bad image forever in your mind and try to spread that on others. With your theory, all airlines are bad and no one should fly ever.

While I never flew with airindia so far (planning to fly airindia next year), my parents did and they had a wonderful experience, food and courtsey.

I have full sympathy with your aged in laws. They do deserve a better service, esp with a baby travelling with them. I pray that now onwards, they never face such troubles. Smile and be positive.

Passengers:

Ticketing Experience:

Journey Day:

The next day:

Frankfurt stop:

Worst website ever:

flight.

Luggage:

Summary:

rksaigal
09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
In 2001 when I travelled to India, I paid 1200 to fly NWA. I paid 1000$ in 2008 on Asiana. Very good service. Although airline costs have increased, price of tickets havent increased proportionally.

Agree with the poster, treat airlines like a CAB. If you get good service, you are lucky.

thomachan72
09-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Thomachan,
We need more people on this forum and in the world like you!!

Very humorous insight and practical perspective.

Thanks for the compliment bondgoli. Being a person who has slept in the airport (floor) on quite a few occasions I have realized that people still somehow think that they are paying "big money" and so need good treatment. That is no longer true. The competition among providers has lead to their own (and ofcourse ours) decline. My kid always makes sure the nintendo ds and a few novels are packed up anytime the sentence "we will have to fly" is pronounced. Now we also pack up a few extra bed sheets and I am an expert now to spot the warm areas to sleep. We also keep turn watchin over the stuff when the rest sleep (ofcourse on the floor). And yes, we dont hold any hatred against the airline employee because they are "nothing" and can "do nothing". So friends if you see an Indian family sleeping in any airport dont hesitate to come and say Hi.

kak1978
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
I travelled the same route on AI you are talking about and I had no problems and got one of the best services, I was stranded in gatwick for 3 days while travelling Delta, does that mean the entire airline is crap. For the price we pay Air India is one the Best value airline, (not to mentions excellent food and drinks) Delays happen , got to take them with a pinch of salt.

Passengers:

Ticketing Experience:

Journey Day:

The next day:

Frankfurt stop:

Worst website ever:

flight.

Luggage:

Summary:

desi485
09-29-2009, 06:39 PM

Passengers:

Ticketing Experience:

Journey Day:

The next day:

Frankfurt stop:

Worst website ever:

flight.

Luggage:

Summary:

Everyone makes mistakes. e.g. You are a veteran member (Join Date: Jan 2006) with IV and yet you posted this thread in wrong forum ..!!!

(Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. > Horrible Air India).

Why you expect that others MUST BE PERFECT when you are not? :p

northstar
09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I had recent experience with continental the flight got cancelled but the staff was good they immediately gave me tickets to Virgin Atlantic (which was earliest departure) but I had Advanced Parole and so could not take VA.

rockstart, what was the issue with Advance Parole, can you elaborate?

atul555
09-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I agree buddy .. We should fly AI and help it survive the crisis, rather than paying money to other Airlines.

Another doofus with no clue promoting protectionism in India while clamoring for open markets in America. You won't recognise irony if it bit you in the ass.

vikramy
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I guess it's not about service. It's about job professionalism. There is no problem with Air Hostess or employees, but it is management. Let me give snap shot of my exp.

My flight was from Bangalore --> Bombay --> USA

Flight took off at Bangalore 60 mins late. Staff reassured that flight in Bombay will be waiting

Once we reached Bombay they took boarding passes and tore them off. They said your flight already left, you have to go next day. Some passengers noticed that few passengers are still boarded into US flight with flight nbr given in our boarding passes. When everyone made an issue about this they said, it's overbooked so we can not accommodate.

So their statement that flight took off was literal lie which is unprofessional. Also they deliberately delayed Bangalore flight which also they did not manage nicely

Then they said go to Delhi there is a flight. We reached delhi there is no flight. There AI staff said not sure why they sent you here. Only option is next flight starts tomorrow. Next day they listed the flight but again they say it's cancelled due to technical difficulties and part has to come from other country and you can fly only tomorrow.

By that time there were passengers of 2 days waiting. when every one made a big noise, they arranged a flight after 4 hours.

They should have made alternate arrangements before all this mess and 2 days of waiting. Consider people with infants.

I understand unfortunate things happen but deliberate lies due to mismanagement and moving you around just to buy time is completely unprofessional. I did not find this kind of unprofessionalism in other airlines, even though there are other bad experiences with them also.

krish2005
09-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I have flown in these airlines so far and here are my comments

Delta - Oh sucks man !! - Thiruvallur bus (in tamil it means - a normal congested government bus)

Qatar airways - decent - except for the food which is no good and you dont get the polite service (even they will not even check back if the light is on).

Jet airways -- wonderful ! Excellent food ! Superb airhostesses ! Good leg space and quite comfortable flight

Indian airlines - Oh man ! what a journey between singapore to chennai. We started late by 3 hours as they took one flight off (cost cutting) and bundled all of those pax with us. And we had to land on exactly 1 wheel (i meant with 1 tyre remaining). Nose wheel had tyres blown out and the back wheel had one blowout. But hats off to the pilot who took us safely. No bassinets, but the crew was cooperative and gave us a bassinet that could be placed down in the floor near your leg. I will vote against the machines (IA) but support the crew.

Singapore airlines - Awesome and hats off so far ! Had a tough time getting a bassinet for my baby as there was a code share with indian airlines (of all airlines - oh my god!). The indian airlines folks goofed up by not sending the bassinet request and food (vegetarian) to singapore airlines. But the staff was so accomodative enough that all the worries was sorted out effectively in the counter as well as in flight. Will always support them for their cooperation.

thomachan72
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
I guess it's not about service. It's about job professionalism. There is no problem with Air Hostess or employees, but it is management. Let me give snap shot of my exp.

Flight took off at Bangalore 60 mins late. Staff reassured that flight in Bombay will be waiting

Once we reached Bombay they took boarding passes and tore them off. They said your flight already left, you have to go next day. Some passengers noticed that few passengers are still boarded into US flight with flight nbr given in our boarding passes. When everyone made an issue about this they said, it's overbooked so we can not accommodate.

So their statement that flight took off was literal lie which is unprofessional. Also they deliberately delayed Bangalore flight which also they did not manage nicely

Then they said go to Delhi there is a flight. We reached delhi there is no flight. There AI staff said not sure why they sent you here. Only option is next flight starts tomorrow. Next day they listed the flight but again they say it's cancelled due to technical difficulties and part has to come from other country and you can fly only tomorrow.

By that time there were passengers of 2 days waiting. when every one made a big noise, they arranged a flight after 4 hours.

They should have made alternate arrangements before all this mess and 2 days of waiting. Consider people with infants.

I understand unfortunate things happen but deliberate lies due to mismanagement and moving you around just to buy time is completely unprofessional. I did not find this kind of unprofessionalism in other airlines, even though there are other bad experiences with them also.

There will be millions and millions of experience like or worse than this brother so dont worry. Next time while flying make a point to put on your worst attire and treat the trip (flight) as if you are going to a barber shop or meat market. Dont expect courteous behaviour and neither be courteous. In airports havn't you seen people dressing up as if they are going to present at an international seminar and also behaving as if they are meeting with the president?? That needs to change. That is a place full of desperate employees serving a bankrupt industry and so be prepared to experience the fallout of their economic woes. Yes I agree they (airlines) had a good time but it was a long time back. Concord is gone and so are all the goodies that come with flying. Long time back most of us used to get thrilled when the flying date gets near, right?? Now not even a retard looks forward for flying. Flying is the last option and only done when absolutely necessary. Everybody, almost every single person who ever flew had some kind of bad experience so what is the probability that you will also get it......100%

rajeshalex
09-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Air India service is not good. My wife runs an online travel agency. Last week one of the customer had to fly for his marriage. When he called air india to reconfirm they said there is no booking, even though he paid the whole money a month before.

Another family while returning from COK-BOM-USA after reaching BOM Air India said only father got the tickets while the kidz doesnt have any booking. The important thing here is that the family had travelled together from USA to India on Air India and the father was very upset. They lost one day at airport and the baggage.

Travel agents in USA dont sell Air India tickets normally because they get poor service from Air India.
Only travel agents make 10-20 as margin and at the end customer is going blame the travel agent or to make any changes it is going to take a hell lot of time. ( Usually it is very difficult )

Travel agents sell Air India ticket only if a customer specifically requests that.

Rajesh

addsf345
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM

similar incident happened to my room-mate, may be little worse.

The airline was aerofloat (russian) in this case.

they boarded aircraft from bombay to ewr. aircraft started running on runway and after some unsuccessful attempts they came back to terminal. with everyone's surprise, the pilot announced that there is a techincal difficulty and unable to takeoff.

Next flight was after 48 hours and that too from delhi. No need to say my friend spend 24 hours also at moscow airport and finally reached newark after 4 days finally. All these with no ground staff at bombay by aerofloat. Being young students, my friend and his groups helped like a coolie to shuttle all other elderly passengers bags to hotel and so forth. He is a very fair person and still doesn't blame aerofloat. He bought the return ticket for 760 with tax, where other airlines used to charge like 1200 or so.

morale of the story: don't blame airindia for all the faults. I am sure there is lot to improve but it is not the only airline where things go bad. This is possible anywhere.

and lastly, the OP who blamed airindia for not allowing duty free stuff bought at NJ at frankfurt - don't blame AI. It is the airport staff of FRA and not AI.

For all those who think that only airindia is bad, go to google and search for reviews of any airline. Chances are very high that you will get such horror stories described by someone.

The OP somewhere has an attitude that he is too important and shouldn't have any issues. Unfortunately the world is not perfect.

belmontboy
09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Though i am not a big fan of Laloo, but i do admire the way he saved Indian Railways from brink of bankruptcy.

Read here: Lalu Prasad Yadav - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laloo_Prasad_Yadav)

Excerpt:
"Railways Minister
During his initial year as a railways minister, Yadav banned plastic cups to serve tea at railway stations and ordered that they be replaced by kulhads (earthen cups). He claimed that the measure would generate more employment in rural areas.[17] Later, he also said that he had plans to introduce buttermilk[18] and khādī[19]. In June 2004, he announced that he would get on the railway himself to inspect its problems and went on to board the Patna railway station at midnight. [20]

When Yadav took over, the Indian Railways was a loss-making organization. In the 4 years under his leadership, a cumulative total profit of Rs. 25,000 crore (US$ 5.2 billion dollars) has been reported. Ironically, under the previous government, the Rakesh Mohan Committee (headed by Rakesh Mohan, secretary, department of economic affairs) had termed The Railways a 'white elephant' and predicted that it would suffer a Rs 61,000 crore (US$15.4 billion dollars) loss possibly ending in bankruptcy by 2015. [21] The only solution seemed to be privatization.

Yadav with 2008 Indian railways budgetLalu Prasad Yadav, along with the IAS officer Sudhir Kumar[22], is credited with engineering the financial turnaround of Indian Railways, that was on the verge of bankruptcy before his appointment to the office. He left passenger fares untouched and found several other profitable sources of revenue for the Railways. He also improved on his first year's performance by stating a profit of 14,000 crores with decreased freight and unchanged passenger fares in 2006. Then, in the 2007 budget, he increased the profit level to 20,000 crores with the introduction of cushion seats in all unreserved compartments.In 2008, profits were 25000 crore (equals $ 6.25 billion @ $1~Rs.40)

Speech of Shri Lalu Prasad, introducing the Railway Budget 2008-2009, on 26 February 2008

“ Speaker Sir, I present the Railway Budget for the year 2008-09 with a sense of deep pride and satisfaction. Each year we have progressively raised the bar based on our own successes. The cash surplus of the Railways rose steadily from Rs 9000 cr in 2005 to Rs 14000 cr in 2006 to Rs 20000 cr in 2007. The august House would be happy to know that in 2007-08, we will
create history once again by turning in a cash surplus before Dividend of Rs. 25000 cr. Our operating ratio has also improved to 76%. Indian Railways is a Government Department. However, we take pride in the fact that our achievement, on the benchmark of net surplus before Dividend, makes us better than most of the Fortune 500 companies in the world... [23]"

I seriously hope he takes over AI and transforms it too.
AI needs extreme makeover and Laloo seems to be the right guy for this job.

belmontboy
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
You get what you pay for, in a way.

Not really.
I have flown most domestic airlines in this country on really cheap fares/deals and had good experiences overall.

My experience with AI was through code sharing with Singapore. And it sucked big time!

Setting aside my patriotism for a bit, the problem with Air India is it's government run. And we all know how "professional" Indian govt run agencies are.

gcisadawg
09-29-2009, 10:48 PM
It depends on the day. I had great experience with all the airlines that I've traveled so far.
(Air India, Malaysian and Lufthansa)

When we traveled with our twins on Lufthansa they were extremely helpful. They even went to the extent of checking our documents ( as opposed to standing in the line) in the sitting/waiting area at Frankfurt airport for us.

The ground staff at one small Indian domestic airport floored us by bringing a Jeep near the plane (as opposed to walking to the terminal from the runway).

I believe when you are with small babies, airlines goto great length to help you.
At the same time, when we fly next, we would go with lower expectation since you never know when the law of averages will catch up! I know its due! :D

Thanks,
GCisaDawg

arunmurthy
09-29-2009, 11:31 PM
I bought my own private jet and I travel in that only. On top of it , to keep an eye on my own private jet's schedule(which flies only for me) I got website developed as well.

Also, I got 5 strippers (sorry air hostess) to entertain me during the flight. Guys if you want to fly in my Private jet and avail all the facilities on board please call my dreamland office and speak to Ms. Fantasy and book up a ticket to neverland.

Adios

Guys like you are a disgrace.
When a serious discussion is going on, do you really have to post??
Just shut up and donate to IV by selling your jet!

cin45220
09-30-2009, 12:49 AM
similar incident happened to my room-mate, may be little worse.

The airline was aerofloat (russian) in this case.

they boarded aircraft from bombay to ewr. aircraft started running on runway and after some unsuccessful attempts they came back to terminal. with everyone's surprise, the pilot announced that there is a techincal difficulty and unable to takeoff.

Next flight was after 48 hours and that too from delhi. No need to say my friend spend 24 hours also at moscow airport and finally reached newark after 4 days finally. All these with no ground staff at bombay by aerofloat. Being young students, my friend and his groups helped like a coolie to shuttle all other elderly passengers bags to hotel and so forth. He is a very fair person and still doesn't blame aerofloat. He bought the return ticket for 760 with tax, where other airlines used to charge like 1200 or so.

morale of the story: don't blame airindia for all the faults. I am sure there is lot to improve but it is not the only airline where things go bad. This is possible anywhere.

and lastly, the OP who blamed airindia for not allowing duty free stuff bought at NJ at frankfurt - don't blame AI. It is the airport staff of FRA and not AI.

For all those who think that only airindia is bad, go to google and search for reviews of any airline. Chances are very high that you will get such horror stories described by someone.

The OP somewhere has an attitude that he is too important and shouldn't have any issues. Unfortunately the world is not perfect.

Who flies on Aerofloat?

This airlines had a pilot, who was too drunk to fly the plane. Since the pilot was too drunk, he couldn't properly announce instructions before the take off.

When passengers complained, he said that he will not touch anything in the cockpit and will simply sit there.

After all this, when passengers complained about this at the destination, the fly crew said that nothing like this happened and that all passengers are having a mass hysteria.

{this is not a joke and this actually happened - try google-ing it}

cleo76
09-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Has anyone flown on Etihad airways recently to and from India (Mumbai/Hyd to Chi or NY)? Would appreciate it if anyone who has to please post their experience or review.

Thanks

gcharry
09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Only Kanjusi people travel by AEROFLOT (Cheaper tickets).

jayakesh
09-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I too had very bad experience with Air India, the aircrafts are in bad shape, very poor customer service. I stopped taking Air India after couple of bad experience. I take Jet Airways now, they are pretty good, friendly hostess and good customer service.

addsf345
09-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Everyone makes mistakes. e.g. You are a veteran member (Join Date: Jan 2006) with IV and yet you posted this thread in wrong forum ..!!!

(Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. > Horrible Air India).

Why you expect that others MUST BE PERFECT when you are not? :p

Good observation.... really funny:D:D:D

krishmunn
09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I have travelled AI around 6-7 times with no issues at all. On the other hand I have horrible experience with Continental and Air France.

As for your experience in Frankfurt (gift purchased in Duty Free in NY not allowed), this has nothing to do with AI. It is Security staff in Frankfurt. I suspect the gift included something liquid (alcohol or perfume etc) which are NOT allowed at security point.

That is why it is advised either to carry these stuff in your registered bag OR purchase it from a duty free at the last point where you board a flight.

TeddyKoochu
09-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I had a good experience with AI when I travelled with them. Flight was near empty, everybody had 3 - 4 seats to sleep on in economy class. Service was ok. Now they offer non stop flights at a great price, I would seriously consider them, overall well worth the price.

rockstart
09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
rockstart, what was the issue with Advance Parole, can you elaborate?

London does not accept travellers with AP. So Virgin Guys had to turn me back from their counter. I was sure about Qatar having no issues about AP so I went back to Continental and said I need you guys to put me on Qatar and thats what they did.

hebbar77
09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
London does not accept travellers with AP. So Virgin Guys had to turn me back from their counter. I was sure about Qatar having no issues about AP so I went back to Continental and said I need you guys to put me on Qatar and thats what they did.

my opinion:

AI : I love my india , but will not fly AI , because I dont want to take chances with once a year vacation I get.

BA : They are prompt service folks , but I cant tolerate their attitude.

Luftansa: Again good, but cant take the attitude.

cathay/singapore/korean/Arab emirates: Nice , can bet my time and money for my travel on them

Others : I dont really care.

psaxena
09-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Is this a serious discussion on the immigration portal about airlines.

Why don't you shut the fuck up!!@#@# and get on with your "SERIOUS DISCUSSION" about AI, Vonage,Lingo, Shahrukh Khan etc etc etc..

Serious!! yeah damn serious to be on this forum... guy like you are a shame and disgrace to the whole community where they just can't contribute but yes can definitely try to distract, deviate and derail the efforts.

You got all this bashing for the reason, I dun consider this conversation as "SERIOUS" and was trying to add up humor to lighten up the thread. But the A**H***E like you and other 2( who gave you the green on the comment) are totally stupids to understand on where to discuss what.

I am proud donor of IV, if that makes you feel ashamed when you look at the mirror, then I can't help you.

rockstart
09-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Everyone show attitude towards desi. Travel London, Frankfort, Amsterdam, Paris, Zurich, Dubai, Baharain anywhere so I prefer nonstop. I can live with lazy airhosteses in Air India or Continental over seperzelous security in Europe or Middle East.

my opinion:

AI : I love my india , but will not fly AI , because I dont want to take chances with once a year vacation I get.

BA : They are prompt service folks , but I cant tolerate their attitude.

Luftansa: Again good, but cant take the attitude.

cathay/singapore/korean/Arab emirates: Nice , can bet my time and money for my travel on them

Others : I dont really care.

arunmurthy
09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Is this a serious discussion on the immigration portal about airlines.

Why don't you shut the fuck up!!@#@# and get on with your "SERIOUS DISCUSSION" about AI, Vonage,Lingo, Shahrukh Khan etc etc etc..

Serious!! yeah damn serious to be on this forum... guy like you are a shame and disgrace to the whole community where they just can't contribute but yes can definitely try to distract, deviate and derail the efforts.

You got all this bashing for the reason, I dun consider this conversation as "SERIOUS" and was trying to add up humor to lighten up the thread. But the A**H***E like you and other 2( who gave you the green on the comment) are totally stupids to understand on where to discuss what.

I am proud donor of IV, if that makes you feel ashamed when you look at the mirror, then I can't help you.

You should show some decency in replying to posts. Otherwise it reflects where you come from.
By donating few dollars, you are not entitled to write anything on any forum. If you think that a thread is not for you, you should not post there.

If you are a proud donor, good for you. :)
But why dont you start a local chapter and do some field work instead of just writing a check and claiming yourself to be a superior guy to others.

psaxena
09-30-2009, 08:44 PM
You should show some decency in replying to posts. Otherwise it reflects where you come from. - I come from a down to earth broad minded background where "we" together help and try to make lives better, .. but I am skeptical about you and your background because thats a selfish, mean and free loader character.

By donating few dollars, you are not entitled to write anything on any forum. If you think that a thread is not for you, you should not post there.- Atleast I donated something , and I never brought up the point of donation, you were the one who came at me first saying, "Sell you plane and donate IV" It seems you have a problem with the people with the tag "Donor" and that is for the reason that your self conscious is making you feel ashamed of being a free loader.

If you are a proud donor, good for you. :)
But why dont you start a local chapter and do some field work instead of just writing a check and claiming yourself to be a superior guy to others.
Don't even dare tell me what should I do and what not, I do what I can.Don't you think even once before writing you moron, what have you done that you can advice me????
Nothing.. I wanted to write a lot, but you know what , you don't worth, loser.

Just get lost....................I just don't believe that this kind of idiot species still exist in this world.

arunmurthy
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Just get lost....................I just don't believe that this kind of idiot species still exist in this world.

Dude you brought up the point of being a proud donor. Nobody gives a hoot if you donate or not.
You are doing it for yourself and not for humanity.
Get it right!

And the way you behave shows what kind of background you have (UP/Bihar)
So just grow up and learn how to respect others!!!

nik.patelc
09-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Dude you brought up the point of being a proud donor. Nobody gives a hoot if you donate or not.
Get it right!

Arunmurthy, Please dont drag UP/Bihar. Bihari are proud indian too. I am not bihar but narrow minded guy like you talk all this nonsense. People from south may be educated, techy but very discrimating and hyprocrate. Most sound indian just hang out on their identity group and we all know if non south indian and south indian go to interview for tech job and person taking interview is from south, who gets job?

krishmunn
09-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi,

Can some suggest me what my wife (on valid H1B visa and AP) and daughter (us citizen) need to carry along with them. I am just curious to know if there is any change in documents required to carry with them. As of now, I am expecting them to carry their passports, PIO (daughter) and AP (for my wife) along with them. Do you suggest any thing more? Thanks in advange for all your suggestions.

If your wife's H1B is valid (unexpired), she is fine. If not, she need to take a flight which does not stop in (most) European countries which require Transit Visa.

If your wife is maintaining H1 status she can enter on H1, if she is using EAD, she need to enter using AP.

As for your daughter, she is fine with her US Passport and PIO

arunmurthy
09-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Arunmurthy, Please dont drag UP/Bihar. Bihari are proud indian too. I am not bihar but narrow minded guy like you talk all this nonsense. People from south may be educated, techy but very discrimating and hyprocrate. Most sound indian just hang out on their identity group and we all know if non south indian and south indian go to interview for tech job and person taking interview is from south, who gets job?

I was not dragging all UP/Biharis in the discussion.
What I mean was that since PSaxena is from UP/Bihar, he should not bring bad name to UP/Bihar by using abusive language.

Regarding interview, I think if a South Indian is smarter than North Indian, he will get the job no matter who is taking the interview.

vegasbaby
10-01-2009, 12:38 PM
You get what you pay for, in a way.

I am indifferent towards AI since I have traveled only once on AI & my experience was reasonable.

However, I found this article in TOI today -

NEW DELHI: In a show of compassion towards a bereaved passenger who had to rush to Chennai but was short of cash, Air India officials at the Indira
Gandhi International airport here pooled in money to pay for his ticket.

M Pandian, 40, had lost one of his dear ones in Chennai and reached IGI airport in the morning with a hope of getting a seat in any of the low-cost carriers.

"After reaching airport, he tried to get a ticket in the low-cost carriers, but the timings and the ticket prices did not suit him," an airport official said.

With the hope of getting a low fare ticket on an Air India flight, he reached the ticketing counter where he found the ticket price to be Rs 5,059.

As he had just Rs 4,200 in cash and had no ATM or credit card, Air India officials present at the spot came to his rescue and pooled the deficit amount of Rs 800 to pay for his ticket on flight IC-429 for Chennai.

Pandian profusely thanked them for their humanitarian gesture and took the flight.

psaxena
10-01-2009, 01:02 PM
aisa hai bhaiya ki na hum UP se hain na Bihar se, pur pyaar dono se karte hai.

Doosri baat ye ki, kis burbak ne kaha tumse ki mujhe gussa aa gaya hai, pagalaaye gaye ho ka?

Gadho ke jaise koi dulatti ghussaayega, to bhaiya batana jaroori hai na ki hum kaun hai, jaanana jaroori hai na ki kaahe jabran anguli kar rahe ho.Chupchap aaraam se baithe thay Arunmurthy ne anguli kari ab anguli ki hai to soonghna to padega hi na.

Majedaar baat ye hai ki mera post tha ek chota majjak jisme kuch bhi kisi ko bura lagne jaisa nahi tha, arunmurthy ko usme pata nahi kya dikha rakh ke stupid bol diya saath main donor hone ki wajah se do baat aur suna di. Aur abhi abhi project go live hua hai to hum bhi thora fursat main hain, to socha , chalo arunmurthy ko bash karke time pass karte hai.
Pata nahi yahan forum pur faaltoo fokut main public kaahe senti hoti rahti hai.
Kahi tum bhi to sentiyaey to nahi gaye na bhaiya.

Kasam padosi ke bhaisiyaa ki bada aanand aa raha hai OP ki utaarne main.

abe PSaxena, ek baat to bata yaar.............
tere ko har time itnaa gussa kyun aata hai???
aur ek obscure forum mein hero-giri karke kya ukhaad liya tune??

why are you so mad at everyone and everything man? And what does being King of the IV-verse get you? You sleep better at night after being a bully and taking your frustrations out on a mere forum? :)

Aug agar tum really UP/Bihar se ho, to bhaiyya ek baat bata dete hain...............I know TONS of Biharis and UP-ites...........and they are some of the most intelligent, hardworking, and fun people. You Sir, are not one of them.

psaxena
10-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Nope I didn't mention anything about being the proud donor etc. in my first post. You are the one who wrote the comment to my post in the most indecent and disrespectful way, bringing the point of donor. For your reference I have pasted the first comment that you made on my post also for you convenience I have highlighted it as well. Also keep replying as I love to kick your rear again and again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmurthy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get it right!

thomachan72
10-01-2009, 04:15 PM
The discussion is getting more and more interesting. somebody posted his/her experience with a particular airlines in the begining and lot of us joined in to crucify him/her for having said that. Then saxena came with his private jet and flight atendents and now saxena is getting rounded up. Interestingly UP/Bihar came up (knowingly / unknowingly) almost as a derogatory remark. Then somebody proved that its not UP/Bihar but south indians who are really hipocrites. In between all this somehow the airlines industry people escaped and are laughing. The final take seems to be something like this; We have chosen to be frustrated and if the earth doesn't give us reasons we will look for it in the sun. Either way we will reach our goals. Now let us make a tally of how many reds / greens each person got and find the winner.
Whenever and if at all I ever get to meet the creator divine I will certainly ask him how drunk he/she really was when he created the human brain.
Anyway sorry for interupting the "serious" discussion. Please continue...

sammyb
10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Couldn't stop writing this one liner to appreciate you sense of humor :D :D :D - hope we stop wasting IV server space and contribute towards positive discussion than a travel review site ...

The discussion is getting more and more interesting. somebody posted his/her experience with a particular airlines in the begining and lot of us joined in to crucify him/her for having said that. Then saxena came with his private jet and flight atendents and now saxena is getting rounded up. Interestingly UP/Bihar came up (knowingly / unknowingly) almost as a derogatory remark. Then somebody proved that its not UP/Bihar but south indians who are really hipocrites. In between all this somehow the airlines industry people escaped and are laughing. The final take seems to be something like this; We have chosen to be frustrated and if the earth doesn't give us reasons we will look for it in the sun. Either way we will reach our goals. Now let us make a tally of how many reds / greens each person got and find the winner.
Whenever and if at all I ever get to meet the creator divine I will certainly ask him how drunk he/she really was when he created the human brain.
Anyway sorry for interupting the "serious" discussion. Please continue...

arunmurthy
10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
aisa hai bhaiya ki na hum UP se hain na Bihar se, pur pyaar dono se karte hai.

Doosri baat ye ki, kis burbak ne kaha tumse ki mujhe gussa aa gaya hai, pagalaaye gaye ho ka?

Gadho ke jaise koi dulatti ghussaayega, to bhaiya batana jaroori hai na ki hum kaun hai, jaanana jaroori hai na ki kaahe jabran anguli kar rahe ho.Chupchap aaraam se baithe thay Arunmurthy ne anguli kari ab anguli ki hai to soonghna to padega hi na.

Majedaar baat ye hai ki mera post tha ek chota majjak jisme kuch bhi kisi ko bura lagne jaisa nahi tha, arunmurthy ko usme pata nahi kya dikha rakh ke stupid bol diya saath main donor hone ki wajah se do baat aur suna di. Aur abhi abhi project go live hua hai to hum bhi thora fursat main hain, to socha , chalo arunmurthy ko bash karke time pass karte hai.
Pata nahi yahan forum pur faaltoo fokut main public kaahe senti hoti rahti hai.
Kahi tum bhi to sentiyaey to nahi gaye na bhaiya.

Kasam padosi ke bhaisiyaa ki bada aanand aa raha hai OP ki utaarne main.

Your language just proves where you belong to.
You dont have to defend yourself or your native place.
:)
It just reflects in your postings whether they are in your bhojpuri hindi or your broken English.
Just grow up!!!!

nik.patelc
10-01-2009, 05:43 PM
It just reflects in your postings whether they are in your bhojpuri hindi or your broken English.
Just grow up!!!!

Arunmurthy,
You also need to grow up. Making derogatory remark on UP/Bihar, you showed it.
These days, people blame UP/Bihar for anything... Hyprocate like you are not belong to any state or nation. At least psaxena showing how is proud of IV being donor. We as freeloader should appreciate and not to take it as donor vs freeloader. Its his choice to be donor and its your and mine not to be donor. If you are too proud of your english, then be proud of it. Atleast he can write hindi (national language). Do you?

hebbar77
10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
We indians could not unite when colonizers came....
We indians could not unite after 1947 and trying to find ways to split ourselves(language/region caste... and #&*!)

And we cant stop fighting on a immigration forum after leaving indian soil...

I am wondering why!!

Jai ho.

thomachan72
10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I think somebody should take an initiative and start a new thread called "THE BASHING THREAD" where everybody could go, (occasionally or in some cases very frequently) whenever we feel dejected and let it on whoever is active there. You could also invite your prey into the bashing thread by saying politely "If you are brave meet me in the bashing thread in 5 minutes".

In case somebody starts a new thread (for eg:- something like this very thread about airline induced missery) and if you feel angry at that person for doing so, you could simply post in the thread "Hallo friend please visit the BASHING THREAD for my reply" instead of hurling personal abuses in every thread we could effectively confine our ego created frustrations/anger into one single thread.

Computer gurus could work on it and try to create some special effects also, like if I bash somebody the degree to which that person is hurt should be reflected by color change or some sort of visual reference.

arunmurthy
10-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Arunmurthy,
You also need to grow up. Making derogatory remark on UP/Bihar, you showed it.
These days, people blame UP/Bihar for anything... Hyprocate like you are not belong to any state or nation. At least psaxena showing how is proud of IV being donor. We as freeloader should appreciate and not to take it as donor vs freeloader. Its his choice to be donor and its your and mine not to be donor. If you are too proud of your english, then be proud of it. Atleast he can write hindi (national language). Do you?

Dude,
Either write in Hindi or English because your sentences dont make any sense at all atleast
grammatically.
It is hypocrite and not hypocrate.
I can speak Hindi, Urdu, Tamil and Telgu besides English.
Can you?

nik.patelc
10-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Dude,
Either write in Hindi or English because your sentences dont make any sense at all atleast
grammatically.
It is hypocrite and not hypocrate.
I can speak Hindi, Urdu, Tamil and Telgu besides English.
Can you?

You still dont know how to write Hindi. I was appreciating psaxena's hindi comment.

Arunmurthy, Yes i can. chaval kha ke soja balak. Eat rice and sleep. please dont make any noise.

arunmurthy
10-01-2009, 06:56 PM
You still dont know how to write Hindi. I was appreciating psaxena's hindi comment.

Arunmurthy, Yes i can. chaval kha ke soja balak. Eat rice and sleep. please dont make any noise.

Tu dhokla kha ke so ja cheeee
Cheeee bole to Chakka in Mumbai language

belmontboy
10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
arunmurthy, nikpatel.c and psaxena - guy's get a room and continue the 3'some.

And YES, i meant fighting :D

this thread has gone way out of scope.

traffic_engr
10-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Check this out. I've never heard of crew slugging it out at 30000 feet. Not sure if this incident is true

Air India pilots, crew slug it out at 30,000 ft - India Business - Business - NEWS - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/business/india-business/Air-India-pilots-crew-slug-it-out-at-30000-ft/articleshow/5085243.cms)

arunmurthy, nikpatel.c and psaxena - guy's get a room and continue the 3'some.

And YES, i meant fighting :D

this thread has gone way out of scope.

mps
10-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Just grow up!!!!

“arunmurthy” motherfuck*** if you are so proud of your heritage why the fu** you just don't go back to where you came from ....why the fu** are you invoking any language and region on this forum ..You are a freaking downright obnoxious SOB