PDA

View Full Version : Calgary visitor visa appointment

BECsufferer
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Folks;

My bro is trying to schedule appointment at Calgary, AB consulate for visitor visa thru nvars.com. And it says their are no appointments for month of Sept., and Oct. When he tries to look in Nov., system says you can only schedule appointments upto 8 weeks only.

I guess is this what you have also expereienced lately in similar situation?

deba
09-26-2009, 12:45 PM
The system will release unused/canceled slots regularly. Usually early in the morning. Keep checking every morning and you will get open slots. Once you get an open slot, book the appointment immediately.

BECsufferer
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Can you walk in for un-scheduled apointment? ... Now days this might not be permissible, but I remember 5 yrs ago at Toronto consulate, after all scheduled applicants have been lines up timewise, un-scheduled applicants were asked to form line behind on first come first basis. Not sure if anyone got chance, as I was like most lined up ahead in scheduled lineup. But wonder if it is still permitted, how about taking chance?

Please comment.

deba
09-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Walk-ins are highly unlikely, if not impossible at any location. Emergency visa appointments are still available, I think. Check the individual consulate for the procedure. However, you need to have a genuine and verifiable reason for an emergency appointment. For regular visitor visas, you must get an appointment scheduled in advance, simply no way around it.