PDA

View Full Version : I-485 Status Notice

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
I got the following email notification for the reciept number for I-485?

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On September 24, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283

When i check the staus it says Document Production or Oath Ceremony. Is it an error or is this something I should take seriosly? Anyone with similar experience?

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Bump

neelu
09-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Lady luck is smiling upon you. Go buy a lottery ticket. :D
Congrats!

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Lady luck is smiling upon you. Go buy a lottery ticket. :D
Congrats!

Well, I'm being skeptical here. It could be a FP notice for all purposes. :)

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Anyone else faced with the same situation?

neelu
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
It is good to be skeptical. But I doubt it is anything but the card (hope I am right, for your sake), because the status says 'Document production or Oath'.

Well, I'm being skeptical here. It could be a FP notice for all purposes. :)

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 12:28 PM
But look at my priority dates and thats what throws me off.. But knowing USCIS u never know.

immigc06
09-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Did you port from EB3 -- EB2 ?? The email sounds more like your GC card.

laborpains
09-25-2009, 12:50 PM

When i check the staus it says Document Production or Oath Ceremony. Is it an error or is this something I should take seriosly? Anyone with similar experience?

A friend of mine also had an update saying his case is in 'Oath Ceremony' stage. He called the office and they said its an error. So don't get your hope up just yet.

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
A friend of mine also had an update saying his case is in 'Oath Ceremony' stage. He called the office and they said its an error. So don't get your hope up just yet.

:D that's more like it ;)

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Did you port from EB3 -- EB2 ?? The email sounds more like your GC card.

No I did not port

rockrocky
09-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I got that status in 07 when my AP was approved first time. And it never changed after that. Though I have renewed my AP 2 times now, but it still shows the 07 date and the below information.

Document production or Oath Ceremony

On December 12, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I got that status in 07 when my AP was approved first time. And it never changed after that. Though I have renewed my AP 2 times now, but it still shows the 07 date and the below information.

Document production or Oath Ceremony

On December 12, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I think its yet another goof up by USCIS. So nothing to lose sleep over I believe. :) But i did not apply for AP/EAD etc. So not sure about this.

ksvreg
09-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I do not surprise if you get a green card. I heard some people got/are getting gc irrespective of their PDs. Please share if you get it. I want USCIS to proceed like that. Sorry, I lost hopes on past analysis and strategies worked out by our Gurus (from all websites). No one knows USCIS strategy. Let USCIS continue to do their magics instead of going through book of rules (ofcoure they never did; according to our forum and blog posters). Way to get Green cards faster ;) Only glitch in this model is loss of seniority. Good luck.

srinivas_o
09-25-2009, 04:04 PM
My Wife's 485 status is same ... Document mailed to applicant. We have never received the document. When we called customer service they said the letter is for finger printing, again the same person said that she sees the finger printing on my wife's file and so can be ignored. Still the status shows the same.

That status means some document is mailed to applicant, not neccessarily the Green Card document.

gvenkat
09-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I think it could be the same for me then. :o

BharatPremi
09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
I think it could be the same for me then. :o

It mostly either should be glitch or FP notice. BUt you nevr know USCIS. Many have received their GCs irrespective of FIFO and PDs in past. So please share your experience with us once you finally will come to know about it.

gc_dream07
09-26-2009, 08:19 PM
In September 2008, I changed the job using AC21(we sent AC21 letter) and I also changed the address. Three weeks ago, my attorney told me that they got courtesy copy of finger-printing notification, and it has been sent to old address. My attorney sent a request to USCIS to change the date and location and attached the change of address confirmation. We got the new finger-printing notification at my current address and we had finger-printing done last week. Later USCIS sent the older finger-printing letter, which was returned by USPS, to my current address and now our status say "Document Sent".

I asked my attorney what I should do this old notification letters. He said that no action is required. But our status stays like that.

gveerab
09-26-2009, 08:29 PM
My wife got similar status update when USCIS mailed finger print notice.

:)

andhrawala
09-26-2009, 11:44 PM
I also got the same status for me and my wife's 485. When I called the USCIS, they said that they just sent a notice saying that my 485 has been transfered from Nebraska to Texas.

inskrish
09-27-2009, 04:57 AM

Hi,

You will get your FP Notice soon.

Regards,
IK

rsayed
09-27-2009, 10:40 AM

My wife's status says the same thing (PD - Jul 2006 - EB2 - IND). It is becoz' her FP notice was mailed to her during that time.

The status has not changed ever since (almost 2 years) - but, obviously we are still in the waiting for the approval of our I-485.

Strongly think it is your FP notice.

jobforme
09-27-2009, 01:19 PM

Any one who has this status according to previous status system will have Document Ordered or Oath Ceremony in the new status system.

This is just dumb uscis programmers at work. Pure translation "Document mailed to applicant" = Document Ordered or Oath Ceremony.

narendraare
09-28-2009, 11:57 AM
I got this email from CRIS and online status also changed to reflect the same. But I haven't received any letter. Looks like few other people received the same. Wonder why USCIS keeps throwing these teasers.

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 14, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

narendraare
09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
One more thing is I got finger printing notice in Aug 30th with FP scheduled for Sep 23rd. And I got the CRIS email and status updated on Sep 15th. If the status update corresponds to FP, USCIS server is 15 days slow in generating this email. If it is a private business ... USCIS would be bankrupt long ago...

I got this email from CRIS and online status also changed to reflect the same. But I haven't received any letter. Looks like few other people received the same. Wonder why USCIS keeps throwing these teasers.

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXX

On September 14, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

gvenkat
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM
They are delusional and until they realise it's a piece of paper or a plastic card nothing is going to change.

Imagine the resources,time and energy wasted on sending this emails and stupid notices.. :mad::mad::mad:

gc_wow
09-28-2009, 01:53 PM
1. I gave fingerprints for second time, I have not seen LUD since then?
2. If my app is pre adjudicated will I get Finger printing notice?
3.Did any body with pre adjudicated 485 got 2nd finger printing notice.

Gurus please answer my questions.

Steeler74
05-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Hello,

On April 24th 2014 me and my wife received RFE on our pending I485 Cases filed in Eb3 with a PD of Nov 3, 2007.

On May 6th 2014 my I485 status changed to Document/Card Production (On May 6, 2014 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days.)

Does this mean that my GC is approved as the PD (Oct 8, 2003) is not current yet with my PD.

Has anyone had similar experience before and what was the outcome of the notice ?

Thanks

sanju_dba
05-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Hello,

On April 24th 2014 me and my wife received RFE on our pending I485 Cases filed in Eb3 with a PD of Nov 3, 2007.

On May 6th 2014 my I485 status changed to Document/Card Production (On May 6, 2014 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days.)

Does this mean that my GC is approved as the PD (Oct 8, 2003) is not current yet with my PD.

Has anyone had similar experience before and what was the outcome of the notice ?

Thanks

If your PD is Nov 2007 filed in EB3-I , then its a mistake from USCIS part, its upto you to report or not, in past its suggested in this forum to report and return your GC.

Steeler74
05-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Hi,

Thanks for responding and my apologies, my PD is Nov 07, 2003. It was a typo in my post.

Does this mean I can expect GC coming my way?

Thanks

asaxena
05-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Your date might be few months away from being current.If you get a GC now,you can call uscis and let them know the issue.

They will suggest you some thing