PDA

View Full Version : Very Urgent-how many days before ap expiry we can enter into usa

GC_STANDARD
09-24-2009, 12:58 PM
My Wife has her Advance Parole valid till 11/17/2009.

She wants to goto india in October and come back on 10/31/2009.

I have couple of questions which if you answer that will help us to travel to india and come back.

1) My wife is thinking of traveling on Advance Parole, Is it ok if she comes back to U.S.A on 10/31/2009 even though her Advance Parole will be expiring on 11/17/2009. Will there be any issues in the Port Of Entry(NY).

2)If I apply Advance Parole in TSC, How many days it takes to get it approved? Can I apply for the AP before she leave to india and once it gets approved can I send that to her?

Your responses will help us in planning this travel.

Thanks

Mydream
09-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi,

She can travel and come back and come back on 10/31/2009.

One of my friend was in same situation he went to india and came on sep 01, his AP expired on sep 14 .

If you apply for AP now the existing AP will become void and she has to wait for 3 months min for new AP.

Good luck

sameer2730
09-24-2009, 01:50 PM

I have couple of questions which if you answer that will help us to travel to india and come back.

1) My wife is thinking of traveling on Advance Parole, Is it ok if she comes back to U.S.A on 10/31/2009 even though her Advance Parole will be expiring on 11/17/2009. Will there be any issues in the Port Of Entry(NY).

2)If I apply Advance Parole in TSC, How many days it takes to get it approved? Can I apply for the AP before she leave to india and once it gets approved can I send that to her?

Thanks

My wife came back a week before her AP expired. Its perfectly ok to do so. But remember do not stretch it. The attacks in Mumbai happened a week or 2 after my wife returned. If the day had coincided with her departure date and the flights had been cancelled and she had just a day or two left on AP it would have become a really big problem. So leave some time for contingency

illinois_alum
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Thanks

Technically she can enter again anytime until 11/17 (that's why the expiration date is 11/17 :D )

hibworker
09-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Exactly. There is a reason why they put expiration date on documents. :-)

Seek_Gc
09-24-2009, 03:27 PM

Thanks

You can apply 120 days before the expiry but if you leave the country before approval its considered as abondoned