PDA

View Full Version : Documents needed for travel along with AP

syendu1
06-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Hi guz,

My wife had h1 approved but never used it for employment. I believe it is no longer valid/active. She has been using EAD since 1.5 yrs. She will be traveling to India in August. She has an ead and ap. She can get an employment verification letter as well. Is there anything else she needs to carry for safe reentry. She is traveling thru emirates. Dont know if the airline carrier would require any particular documents other than the ones I stated. Any help is thoroughly appreciated.

Regards,
SY

unseenguy
06-23-2009, 01:46 AM
As long as its a dependent 485, only AP should be sufficient. Also carry Birth certificate, address proof, tax returns & marriage certificate as usual.

syendu1
06-23-2009, 01:48 AM
wow i did not know the usual documents. is that all or anything else?? thank you.
sy

unseenguy
06-23-2009, 04:27 AM
wow i did not know the usual documents. is that all or anything else?? thank you.
sy

485 receipt notice :-d

sunny1000
06-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Hi guz,

My wife had h1 approved but never used it for employment. I believe it is no longer valid/active. She has been using EAD since 1.5 yrs. She will be traveling to India in August. She has an ead and ap. She can get an employment verification letter as well. Is there anything else she needs to carry for safe reentry. She is traveling thru emirates. Dont know if the airline carrier would require any particular documents other than the ones I stated. Any help is thoroughly appreciated.

Regards,
SY

All she needs are the passport, original AP (both), copy of the I-485 and that is it. The drivers license will be helpful, if she has one, which serves as a second form of identification with her address and date of birth on it.

I have traveled several times with Emirates and they will only ask for her passport/I94 when she exits the U.S and the AP/passport when she returns.

Bon voyage!

syendu1
06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Thank you, she has all of those, except that her I94 has expired a long time ago. I hope that should not be a problem.

SY