PDA

View Full Version : unemployment benefit for spouse

bene
09-18-2009, 02:54 AM
we just got our gc and started to look for a job for my spouse. I am looking for answers to following questions.

1.> Is it possible for her to get unemployment benefit while she is looking for a job. She has never worked in USA before.

2.> Will it have any negative effect on our greencard or future citizenship application.

wandmaker
09-18-2009, 05:44 AM
we just got our gc and started to look for a job for my spouse. I am looking for answers to following questions.

1.> Is it possible for her to get unemployment benefit while she is looking for a job. She has never worked in USA before.

2.> Will it have any negative effect on our greencard or future citizenship application.

Enjoy your GC, read this before making any descision on this - MurthyDotCom : Unemployment Benefits and Impact on U.S. Immigration (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_unembe.html)

vin13
09-18-2009, 10:16 AM

1. Unemployment benefit amount is based on an individual's earning in the previous year. If someone has not worked the previous year, the individual does not qualify for any unemployment benefit.
2. There is no negative effect on greencard or future citizenship.

ashkam
09-18-2009, 11:42 AM

Unemployment benefits are paid out of the unemployment insurance fund that your previous employer paid into so if you haven't been employed, you are not eligible for unemployment benefits.

dummgelauft
09-18-2009, 12:07 PM

Dude, are you serious, what part of "Unemployment" and "Benefits" you do not understand?

so your answers:
(1) No
(2) No