PDA

View Full Version : e-filing I-140 premium processing

sriswam
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Hello Folks,

As a last ditch atempt, I am trying to e-file form 907 for upgrading my pending 140 app to premium processing (through employer). However when proceeding with the application, in the related forms section, the only available option in the drop down menu is I-129. How would I proceed for I-140?

If anybody know, kindly show the way.

Thanks,
Sriswam

sunny1000
06-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Hello Folks,

As a last ditch atempt, I am trying to e-file form 907 for upgrading my pending 140 app to premium processing (through employer). However when proceeding with the application, in the related forms section, the only available option in the drop down menu is I-129. How would I proceed for I-140?

If anybody know, kindly show the way.

Thanks,
Sriswam

I don't think you can efile I907 for I-140. You have to file via paper. But hurry...they are suspending PP starting July 2nd for atleast a month in anticipation of huge volume of applications that will start pouring in.

www.immigration-law.com

sriswam
06-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't think you can efile I907 for I-140. You have to file via paper. But hurry...they are suspending PP starting July 2nd for atleast a month in anticipation of huge volume of applications that will start pouring in.

www.immigration-law.com

Thanks Sunny. I am aware of the suspension. Paper-filing is not an option as the earliest the papers will reach USCIS is on Monday, July 2nd (if I were to overnight docs tomorrow). Thats why I was hoping to get the e-filing to work.

sriswam
06-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Guess I found the answer. e-filing is disabled for 140. USCIS was quick on the draw :)

chtting2me
06-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Is it worth to file premium processing on friday?

sriswam
06-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Is it worth to file premium processing on friday?

Thats a good question. Would it still be considered valid if we mailed the documents on Friday so that it reaches them Saturday. They'd still be opening the mail on Monday July 2nd. I have a feeling that would be too late. Any others in the same boat ?

sunny1000
06-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Thats a good question. Would it still be considered valid if we mailed the documents on Friday so that it reaches them Saturday. They'd still be opening the mail on Monday July 2nd. I have a feeling that would be too late. Any others in the same boat ?

Their mail room is not open on sat. So, I guess that wud be too late.

leoindiano
06-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Lawyer said they filed on 21st and waiting on the decision. Hope my application is not effected.

sriswam
06-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Just found out from USCIS customer servicer rep that the documents should be *POSTMARKED* before july 2nd. So we can still paper-file the I-907 to upgrade I-140 to premium processing as long as we mail in the paperwork before Monday.

Cheers!
-Sriswam

godbless
06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Is there any quota on filing the I 140s? My friend requested his employer for upgrading his 140 and he says that the attorney mentioned that the quota for I 140 is already full. I don't think it is right. Any inromation please.

delhirocks
06-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Is there any quota on filing the I 140s? My friend requested his employer for upgrading his 140 and he says that the attorney mentioned that the quota for I 140 is already full. I don't think it is right. Any inromation please.

There is no quota for I 140, the employer is just trying to save money.

sriswam
06-29-2007, 01:57 PM

There is no quota. The employer can file for I-907 diectly without invoving the lawyer. The attorneys are not likely to help you now since they are swamped. I'd say ask the employer to file today. Else wait a month!

vkxml
06-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi

I am trying to change my I140 regular to I140 premium by completing the I-907 form, so that it can be sent before July 2nd deadline. However, my employer is not willing to proceed as he has recently received an RFE on I140 for one of other employee; he is working on the necessary documentation for that RFE, At this juncture, he says that escalating my I140 would jeopardice the situation.

Still, I am still not convinced; I want him to push it. Will there be any issues for the organization or for me. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

- VK~XML

roseball
06-29-2007, 04:26 PM
As per the blog from www.immigration-law.com, today is the last day USCIS will accept any Premium Processing requests for I-140s...

06/29/2007: Today Will be the Last Date for I-140 PPS Filing

USCIS has confirmed that the last day when they will accept the I-907 premium processing request for I-140 petition is today, June 29, 2007. Obviously "accept" means physically received or e-filed within today. Again, it is uncertain when the PPS was delivered to the postal station today but not picked up today. This is the risk involving delivery of documents to the Service Center via U.S. Express Mail. Such Express Mail remains in the postal station until it is picked up by the Service Center crew.

sriswam
06-29-2007, 04:36 PM
As per the blog from www.immigration-law.com, today is the last day USCIS will accept any Premium Processing requests for I-140s...

06/29/2007: Today Will be the Last Date for I-140 PPS Filing

USCIS has confirmed that the last day when they will accept the I-907 premium processing request for I-140 petition is today, June 29, 2007. Obviously "accept" means physically received or e-filed within today. Again, it is uncertain when the PPS was delivered to the postal station today but not picked up today. This is the risk involving delivery of documents to the Service Center via U.S. Express Mail. Such Express Mail remains in the postal station until it is picked up by the Service Center crew.

I mailed Matthew OH about that. He has corrected the part about e-filing PPS (that's not an option)
He says thats USCIS told him that they have to be *received* today. However, the customer service rep I called said its the *postmark* date. I guess it doesnt hurt to try mailing docs today. At worst, they return it.

vkxml- I dont think that the act of opting to go PP would cause an RFE. Every case goes through the same process. It's not as if there are different rules for processing regular vs premium.

vinodp1978
06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Guys,
I am in a situation where if i dont file I-140 by PP i will not be eligible for H1b extension. My Labor date is april 27,2007 and my 6th year H1b expiration date is Feb 2,2008..so the 365 days rule wont work. The only way i can be in this country is if my 140/485 gets accepted and i get EAD or PP for 140 gets reinstated for me to extend.

Also if PP for 140 goes away what is the typical time to process from NSC?

can anyone tell me if i am reading the laws right?? any other options?

Thanks.