PDA

View Full Version : Good News ! Small ray of hope visa recapture

gcdreamer05
09-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Friends,

I read this on Ron Gotchers forum
Don't hold your breath, but there is a very narrow window of opportunity coming up

Don't hold your breath, but there is a very narrow window of opportunity coming up - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/general-immigration-questions/9045-dont-hold-your-breath-but-there-is-a-very-narrow-window-of-opportunity-coming-up.html)

---------
Two EB categories are set to expire at the end of this month: certain EB4 religious workers and the EB5 pilot program. Unless extended by Congress, these categories will go away on October 1st.

It is highly likely that Congress will extend them, as it has done in the past. This means that a small immigration bill, or an amendment to an existing bill will be used as a vehicle to extend these provisions. I've heard that an effort is going to be made to get visa recapture included in that legislation. Don't hold your breath waiting, but it is a possibility.

---------

Which means there is some small hope.

Can the IV Core look at this and then we all can contribute for this drive. (instead of fighting among ourselves, let us find a solution for all).

forgerator
09-14-2009, 04:43 PM
How many visas are we looking at for recapture?

poorslumdog
09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Friends,

Don't hold your breath, but there is a very narrow window of opportunity coming up

Don't hold your breath, but there is a very narrow window of opportunity coming up - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/general-immigration-questions/9045-dont-hold-your-breath-but-there-is-a-very-narrow-window-of-opportunity-coming-up.html)

---------
Two EB categories are set to expire at the end of this month: certain EB4 religious workers and the EB5 pilot program. Unless extended by Congress, these categories will go away on October 1st.

It is highly likely that Congress will extend them, as it has done in the past. This means that a small immigration bill, or an amendment to an existing bill will be used as a vehicle to extend these provisions. I've heard that an effort is going to be made to get visa recapture included in that legislation. Don't hold your breath waiting, but it is a possibility.

---------

Can the IV Core look at this and then we all can contribute for this drive. (instead of fighting among ourselves, let us find a solution for all).

Let me guess...you are still sleeping or in jail and releassed just today. this is old news and been discussed for the last one week. Wake up from your dream man.:D

sanjay
09-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Don't believe in news from Ron Gotcher or OH site. They are just selling hopes and nothing else. If you follow his predictions in last few months nothing had materialized, except we wasting space on IV with huge discussions.

Just a thought.

gcdreamer05
09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Let me guess...you are still sleeping or in jail and releassed just today. this is old news and been discussed for the last one week. Wake up from your dream man.:D
Brother on Ron site the replies got posted today sep 14 2009 at 1 PM Ron himself has posted, this could be old stuff but it is getting started newly again.........

Why should we miss this window of opportunity, you never know what happens with USCIS.

Should we not discuss about what we should be doing......

gc_on_demand
09-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Don't believe in news from Ron Gotcher or OH site. They are just selling hopes and nothing else. If you follow his predictions in last few months nothing had materialized, except we wasting space on IV with huge discussions.

Just a thought.

Ron is good at law but not good for prediction.. Even no one can predict unless USCIS gives out all pending application information. I bet Visa Officer must have hard time to predict date and consume all visas by year end.

Well... I don't see any movement on either camp .. ( Pro or Anti ) regarding this recapture . Also he doesn't have post link to any material online.

thomachan72
09-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Friends,

---------

---------

Good idea, lets wait to hear from core!

gcdreamer05
09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Ron is good at law but not good for prediction.. Even no one can predict unless USCIS gives out all pending application information. I bet Visa Officer must have hard time to predict date and consume all visas by year end.

Well... I don't see any movement on either camp .. ( Pro or Anti ) regarding this recapture . Also he doesn't have post link to any material online.
Please read page 2 of his post where he exactly states what amendment it is...

-----------

Call both your Senators and your Congressman. Ask your friends to call.To see what such an amendment might look like, refer to Section 3 of last session's S.2839:
Quote:
(b) Recapture of Unused Employment-Based Numbers- Subsection (d) of section 106 of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-313; 8 U.S.C. 1153 note) is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)--

(A) by inserting `1994, 1996, 1997, 1998,' after `available in fiscal year';

(B) by striking `or 2004' and inserting `2004, or 2006'; and

(C) by striking `be available' and all that follows and inserting the following: `be available only to--

`(A) employment-based immigrants under paragraph (1), (2), (3)(A)(i), or (3)(A)(ii) of section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(b)) and spouses and children accompanying or following to join such immigrants under section 203(d) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(d)); and

`(B) immigrant workers who had petitions approved based on Schedule A, Group I under section 656.5 of title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, as promulgated by the Secretary of Labor, and spouses and children accompanying or following to join such immigrants under section 203(d) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(d)).';

sriramkalyan
09-14-2009, 06:32 PM
HR 5882 was killed last year and at the same time they passed the Bill for additional nutrients for Horses.
There is clear lobby from Hispanic Caucus against anything for Legals.

I can bet this amendment will not go forward!!

Leo07
09-14-2009, 06:36 PM
LOL....
I remember listening into that Horse crap on CSPAN:)

adibhatla
09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
It might have got killed under H.R.5882 bill and the Horse/durby thing might have passed, but it is a little different this time, as it is being appended to the EB categories 4 and 5. Who wants to scrap the investor's program who is willing to invest money and create employment opportunities in this country.

What is important here is that the visa recapture is added to the provisional bill. If it gets into the bill - chances of it getting passed is more.

frostrated
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
maybe they can also add the provision to do away with the per country limits.
in this country where everything is based on equality, we need to stress on them to remove this last position.

vkannan
09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
In the past couple of years, there is always some news or the other to keep the hopes of the Legal immigrants, but at the end all they get is Dis-appointment, esp., whenever a bill is being discussed, we as a community expose it too much by discussing it in the forums....which ultimately feeds as inputs to the anti-immi groups.

I am not sure or for that matter even Ron G. is not sure about the information he has provided, Atleast for once lets try as a community not to discuss anything on the visa recapture. If the bill is not included as discussed atleast you will not be too much dis-appointed.

I hope the OP takes this message in a positive sense and delete this thread, if he could.

copsmart
09-14-2009, 11:47 PM
LOL....
I remember listening into that Horse crap on CSPAN:)

Yeah, I still remember those golden days... sitting in front of TV watching CSPAN, with laptop on my side checking IV for updates, being so patient when the law makers took several breaks, and finally got mad when they pass the horse bill and left ours in dead waters.

Are they talking about that bill? What is going to be in front of us this time? A pig or a monkey?

smsthss
09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Any updates on this possible recapture in works??

vkraman7
09-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Predicting whether something will come out of this effort or not is not a reason to not try. As long as everyone in this forum knows that this is the right thing to do, we should try regardless of the outcome. Atleast we know that the law of averages catches up with everyone. Hopefully this time for the betterment of the immigration process.

vkraman7
09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Predicting whether something will come out of this effort or not is not a reason to not try. As long as everyone in this forum knows that this is the right thing to do, we should try regardless of the outcome. Atleast we know that the law of averages catches up with everyone. Hopefully this time for the betterment of the immigration process.

RajahRajah
09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
In the past couple of years, there is always some news or the other to keep the hopes of the Legal immigrants, but at the end all they get is Dis-appointment, esp., whenever a bill is being discussed, we as a community expose it too much by discussing it in the forums....which ultimately feeds as inputs to the anti-immi groups.

Yes all is certainly lost. Someone will ferret out any recapture plans and politicize it to their own advantage and our disadvantage. There really is no hope, nothing but despair and heartbreak in our future.

go_guy123
09-15-2009, 04:02 PM

I am not sure or for that matter even Ron G. is not sure about the information he has provided, Atleast for once lets try as a community not to discuss anything on the visa recapture. If the bill is not included as discussed atleast you will not be too much dis-appointed.

I hope the OP takes this message in a positive sense and delete this thread, if he could.

If you followed these bills in the past , it was not the anti-immi groups that derailed these bills (though they did oppose).
It was actually the Hispanic Caucus that held these bills hostage unless they get CIR.

joydiptac
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM

This post is meant for any Anti Immigrant who happens to read this post.
Here is why it would be dumb for Anti Immigrant Groups to try to stop recapture bill.

Reasons:

1) EB community waiting in I-485 stage poses no threat to anti-immigrants. They have already been in the same jobs for the last decade. In fact they may leave their low positions to move to higher positions after GC... making way for more jobs at the entry level.

2) If they can show patience sooner or later the EB community will get a GC anyway. so it is a waste of Anti immigrant effort to put blocks in the recapture process.

3) EB community members may start businesses and create new jobs. (I know someone who has already incorporated a company but is waiting for GC before going gung ho. From what I know of his business model he will atleast employ 10 people).

4) Anti groups do not stand to gain by EB community stagnating in their work positions.

5) EB community will buy houses and bring some relief to housing once they get GCs.

6) Some of them may even go for higher degrees, full time education. Leaving their jobs.

bskrishna
09-15-2009, 07:57 PM
anti-immi = dumb.
90% are ... so they will block anything that has "visa" on it
Pew research corporation poll shows that 99% antis do not carry credit/debit cards from Visa corporation ;)

hiralal
09-16-2009, 12:15 AM
anti-immi = dumb.
90% are ... so they will block anything that has "visa" on it
Pew research corporation poll shows that 99% antis do not carry credit/debit cards from Visa corporation ;)
the problem is the high unemployment ..even the USCIS's goal seem to be more RFE's everywhere.
if it is a small bill then it may pass but anything big will have massive backlash. so probability of any bill passage is a small percent. I think having a strong plan B is a must for everyone stuck in this muck

Administrator2
09-16-2009, 01:06 AM
gcdreamer05,

We are on top of things and are in constant touch with the key decision makers. We did not request IV members to make any phone calls because there is no action on the ground which requires such a move. If I could just have say it as it is - we are not in the business of capturing website traffic or attention just for heck of it. As you maybe aware, every resource available to the immigrant community has its own different purpose and goal. Its not our job to judge the objective of each resource available to the community. However, we do think that random phone calls without actually backing up any specific intel on the ground is a waste of time, and may even hurt the cause. Also, visa recapture discussion is fake because given the situation, its not going to happen outside of CIR, unless CIR is defeated or unless the administration decides to abandon CIR.

IV sends out clear request for our members with a well defined message and objective. Please participate in the action item to meet with the lawmakers in your area. Things are moving along on the immigration bill and its waiting for the conclusion of the healthcare debate. As time will progress, we will all witness increased rhetoric by anti groups. The question is, who amongst us is ready to respond with more vigor, and stand up to the challenge when it counts.

It is very unlikely or almost no chance for the CR to contain any provision from the immigration bill. On the web, different sites cut and paste from many other sites. Its good because it helps to create awareness. Although we careful watch the information available on web, we rely on the first hand intel we gather on the ground.

Guys are you all sure we are not missing something in not helping or in not lobbying to call our senators and to ask them to support visa recapture.

Look at other immigration site, surely there is something happening, i am posting links to many sites please see...

talking about visa recapture
talking about the appropriation legislation

09/15/2009: Expiring Immigration Programs and Potential Option for Legislation as Part of Continuing Resolution to Fund Federal Government Pending FY 2010 Appropriation Legislation

The House is continuously experiencing delays in taking up the FY 2010 DHS Appropriation Act conference process, keeping the stakeholder agencies and involved customers of the expiriring immigrations programs on the edge. Accordingly, it thus appears that the Congress and the stakerholder agencies and consumers are switching gears and working on an alternative option to pass the immigration program extension legislation as an attachment to the continuing resolution which the Congress will definitely have to pass before October 1, 2009 to prevent a complete shut-d6wn of the federal government. However, it is uncertain whether the continuing resolution will cover all three expiring immigration programs or only one or two. Report indicates that the USCIS appears to be working with the Congress to push for extension of E-verify program as an attachment to the continuing resolution pending the FY 2010 DHS Appropriation legislation such that the ongoing e-verify program, particularly federal contractor mandatory e-verify program, be not distrupted. Read on.

IV has done so much in the past for july fiasco, IV core are we really missing this opportunity !!!

If one attorney is posting then it may be for their self interest , but why is everyone talking about this.

gcdreamer05
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks pappu for the reply.

I was trying to provide info alone from other sites.

I am sure IV core would have more insight on this than me.