PDA

View Full Version : Used AP at San Francisco?

nousername
09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Has anyone recently used AP to enter the US from San Francisco, CA?

I would appreciate if you can please share your experience and the documents you carried (showed) at the POE.

Thanks

ArkBird
09-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Has anyone recently used AP to enter the US from San Francisco, CA?

I would appreciate if you can please share your experience and the documents you carried (showed) at the POE.

Thanks

I entered USA from SFO on Aug 15 with AP. No questions asked. They only asked for AP and advised me to renew it as the current AP is expiring in December.

HTH

bluekayal
09-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Very courteous. No problems even though I said I was no longer employed with the petitioner and that I was looking for a job.:)

nousername
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience.. BTW, were you using your AP for the first time? I have heard that while traveling on AP you need to go through secondary screen, which takes time. Is that true?

ArkBird
09-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience.. BTW, were you using your AP for the first time? I have heard that while traveling on AP you need to go through secondary screen, which takes time. Is that true?

Yes you have to go to secondary inspection. Time depends on how many other people are referred to secondary inspection. There will be some with AP some with other issues. In my case, there were 7-8 people ahead of us and it took close to 90 minutes.

HTH

yogeshmanohar
09-15-2009, 12:56 AM
A very smooth experience..! wife , Son and I came back on last Sunday on AP. No issues whatsoever. Had to go through secondary inspection but was through in 35-40 mins.

nousername
10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience.. After reading your post I was much relaxed to use AP at SFO to reenter.

I just returned and immigration check went very smoothly. It took 30 mnts to get to the first IO (as couple of flights landed at the same time) . He asked me to go for the secondary inspection and I was out within 20 mnts tops. No questions asked, just asked to sit. My IO was normal but there was another female IO who was acting stuck up with others.

A very smooth experience..! wife , Son and I came back on last Sunday on AP. No issues whatsoever. Had to go through secondary inspection but was through in 35-40 mins.

neeidd
10-09-2009, 07:04 PM
What is the secondary inspection about? Is it just sitting and waiting while they do some checks on our file or do we have to answer some questions? Please let me know

Thanks

nousername
10-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Not sure what they do in the secondary inspection.. In my case they asked no questions at all.. Just asked me to sit and wait while they entered / checked something in their system. I was in and out within 20 mnts.

What is the secondary inspection about? Is it just sitting and waiting while they do some checks on our file or do we have to answer some questions? Please let me know

Thanks

a_yaja
10-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Not sure what they do in the secondary inspection.. In my case they asked no questions at all.. Just asked me to sit and wait while they entered / checked something in their system. I was in and out within 20 mnts.

I had the same experience. However, my POE was Miami. No questions asked. My spouse and I just waited (with our USC daughter) in secondary inspection till they called my name and handed over our papers to me.

neeidd
10-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks for your response

neeidd
10-16-2009, 12:44 AM
I had the same experience. However, my POE was Miami. No questions asked. My spouse and I just waited (with our USC daughter) in secondary inspection till they called my name and handed over our papers to me.
Thanks for your response

yetanotherguyinline
10-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Me and my wife used AP at SF airport couple of months ago. The process was very smooth and IOs know exactly what to do with this document. However you will be sent to secondary and you will have to wait there for around 30 minutes (sounds like normal process everywhere else too).

feedfront
10-16-2009, 04:03 PM
I used AP first time to enter. I had to go thru 2nd inspection where I was instructed to sit and after 15-20 mins, I got my AP back with stamped. I had applied for H1B visa also in India and it got stuck into 'administrative processing'. After extending my stay by 1 week, my employer/attorney suggested to use AP to enter. I did not had any issue @SFO POE even though my visa application is still under 'administrative processing'.