PDA

View Full Version : Strange situation with AP renewal at TSC

traveldoc
09-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I have a strange situation with my AP renewal:

Applied for AP renewal for both Primary and dependant on August 8th
Dependent received AP approval on Sept 2nd
Primary called USCIS to expedite process on grounds of medical emergency on Sept 2nd and Received a letter from USCIS on sept 8th - saying this - "The status of this service record is: Since the date we received your request, we have approved your case and sent an approval notice to you on 9/1/2009 to the address we have on file. If you do not receive the notice withing 30 days, then please contact our office again". But when I check the online status on USCIS.gov it says "Case received and Pending". How can the system say 2 different things?
I made Infopass appointment today and went to the office to see if they can follow up on this situation and they just said their system says case 'Approved' so wait for 30 days.

Anyone in the same situation? Any suggestions? Is there anyway I can apply for a duplicate or something? What if I just go ahead and re-apply for my AP before the 30 days...what other risks are involved other than loosing $305.

txh1b
09-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Online case status is not always right. There is no risk if you apply for another AP other than losing the money. You have to wait for the AP to be approved though before you travel.

traveldoc
09-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks txh1b. But my question is what if they reject the second AP saying that the first one was approved. Any thoughts on this?

gc28262
09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I had a similar issue when I applied for AP from TSC.
Online status said approved, but never received it for a couple of months.

You probably will have to wait for 30 days if you haven't received it. If the address is incorrect and AP returns undeliverable you can request them to resend it.

Please follow the following threads:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum70-self-filing-documents-forms-directions-mailing/23097-ap-approval-notice-sent-ap-not-received.html

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum76-travel-out-of-country-and-re-entry-during-after-485-filing/24267-ap-lost-in-mail.html

webm
09-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Even i'm in the similar situation..

Online status,CRIS email says AP approval notice mailed on Sep2nd,2009 (TSC), but still haven't received it on hand..

We never know this crazy CIS system...May be have to wait till 30days and call the customer service.:(

traveldoc
09-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks all for your guidance. I got in touch with the local congressman's office yesterday and asked to speak with someone that handles immigration case work. The person was sooooo understanding and said that online status on USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov) is not always reliable. To my susrprise she had access to the systems that the IOs use; she checked using my receipt # and said that my case was approved but documnet was not made yet (meaning it wasn't printed yet) So the letter that I got in response to my EXPEDITE request saying 'Approved and document mailed to applicant' was an error on their part. She said she can put in the Expedite request if I can get a letter from the Dr. expalining my Garnadmother's condition. She sounded like it should be possible to expedite the document printing since case was approved already. I am awaiting the arrival of the letter.

devikas81
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
R u on H1B or on EAD, If you are on EAD, can you pls. tell me what documents you sent to USCIS for AP renewal, The reason i am asking is because last year when i renewed my EAD and AP, at that time i was on H1 but now i am on EAD.
I really appreciate your reply,

Thanks,

traveldoc
09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Dosen't matter if you are on H1 or EAD documents to be sent for AP are same. Here is my list. Pls also check other posts to get a second opinion.

- A letter requesting AP explaining why you want to travel.
- $305 check
- Copy of I-140 approval
- Copy of I-485 receipt notice
- Copy of EAD
- 2 photos
- Any previous H1 approvals if applicable (dosen't hurt to include)

TheHulk
09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I was in a similar situation with EAD

I applied for EAD in November 2008, it got Approved (Card Production Ordered etc) but never rec'd the card.

I raised numerous SR's , spoke to IO' etc. (for 9 Months)
Every IO was very sympathetic but they did not know where my card was.

At last in July 2009 , I spoke to an IO and the said that she would follow it up
The next day, I rec'd an email stating that my Card was sent in November 2008 , since I did not receive it , it might have been lost in the email and If I need EAD, I need to re-apply

After this I spoke to an IO again, she said the case closed - Card lost in email - I need to re-apply.

Anyways... I did not re-apply.

In August 2009 I received my EAD card in the mail :)

traveldoc
09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
TheHulk,
That is very strange in fact. One year to receive EAD ????? God alone knows what goes on at those Service Centers. Good that atleast you got it finally !!
As for me, I am still waiting for my AP. The congressman's office got a response back from USCIS 2 days ago that they will take an action on my application in 5 days. But I am highly doubtful about that.....no good vibes. Every effort so far has been in vain so I have lost hopes. I have a feeling USCIS has lost my file or something and is just trying to buy some time.

ken
09-30-2009, 12:40 AM
I opted for renewing the AP online on Sept 22,2009.Got the receipt at the same time, and next day which is Sept 23 i sent the supporting documents along with the cover letter,2 photographs ,confirmation receipt ,485 receipt, DL copy and passport copy from Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Today when I tried to check the status on postal website it says that document scanned on Sept 23 which means they haven't reached the destination, now this concerns me because previously when ever I applied AP and sent the supporting documents they normally take 2 to 3 business days to reach.

Now my question:

1) If suppose the AP supporting documents get lost in mail then can I send the documents again and if in the mean time postal service delivers the first set

In between I see soft LUD's of 9/28 on my wife AP

All responses to the above matter is highly appreciated

traveldoc
09-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Ken,
First off priority mail could take about 5 days to reach and sounds like you are right about there now. Second, if you sent via priority mail with delivery confirmation the post office is responsible for it, contact them and try to locate the package. If you are not in a hurry for the AP I advice you to take this route. If you are in a hurry I suggest you send a second package in Express mail. Good luck with you AP.

ebizash
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Ken,

The reason that the USPS is not showing your documents delivered could be many. One of the biggest reasons that I have experienced is "unable to scan the bar code". This is more probable if you had printed the mailing label and affixed it on the envelope with a tape. Sometimes the tape can overlap the bar code making the bar code difficult to be scanned. I frequently use USPS priority mail and in about 10% of the cases this happens. But I never had a lost priority mail piece.

Additionally the fact that you had a soft LUD on 9/28, I would think that LUD was for the reason that USCIS received the documents. I had applied AP online on the same date as you did, sent docs via priority mail the next day. USPS showed that the documents delivered on 9/25 and had soft LUDs on 9/25 and 9/28.

Hope this helps!

pandu_hawaldar
10-05-2009, 01:47 PM
I applied for AP for primary and secondary applicants on 09/17 at TSC (RD 09/24). Online update showed that AP for Primary applicant has been approved, but the secondary still shows under review. Today I received approved AP for the Primary applicant in mail, but nothing for secondary applicant yet. Why TSC is not approving both the APs at the same time? Last time, I got the both at the same time. Any idea or guidance please.....

ken
10-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Do you have any LUD's on your case ? What about your wife case did you see any soft LUD's. From my experience if you have soft LUD's continuous for 2 or 3 days then its a sign of getting a decesion in a day or two.

pandu_hawaldar
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
My wife's case does not have any LUD (soft/hard) since 09/24, while mine has latest LUD 09/30. That's why I am worried, that there is no update on that case.