PDA

View Full Version : This is how USCIS works?

hebbar77
09-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I am july second 485 filer, filed with later PD(2007). Then an earlier (2004, my own) PD was substituted by lawyer last year which is now current on that 485 application.

I opened a SR last week, response to SR from USCIS told me they still have old (later) PD on file.So they cant allocate a visa to me.

Lawyer said he has confirmation from USCIS that USCIS will obey earlier 2004 PD(confirmation received last year!).

two contrary pieces of information from a govt agency!!

Anyone with similar experience

I am sick of this USCIS !

meghanap2000
09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
This is the always problem with USCIS in porting PD. In my case they have put PD as 485 application received date. The only solution to this is ..Keep your attorney in the loop and ask them to send letters repeatedly and call the customer service center repeatedly..
There is no other way you can correct the PD. In my case I had an interview with officer and we gave both i-140 documents and told officer PD was printed wrong on interview letter. Officer said she will look into it and we dont know whether she corrected it or not.

meghanap2000
09-09-2009, 04:35 PM
This is the always problem with USCIS in porting PD. In my case they have put PD as 485 application received date. The only solution to this is ..Keep your attorney in the loop and ask them to send letters repeatedly and call the customer service center repeatedly..
There is no other way you can correct the PD. In my case I had an interview with officer and we gave both i-140 documents and told officer PD was printed wrong on interview letter. Officer said she will look into it and we dont know whether she corrected it or not.
Once your dates are current, please keep calling them and follow up thru AILA and congressman and senators office etc..This task can be done by your attorney also.

simple1
09-09-2009, 04:48 PM
A while back, I saw a post saying PD substitution doesn’t work smoothly most of the time (sorry, I dont remember the site).

I also heard (from another person) that for association with I485; the substituted PERM/labor must have an approved I140 that is not revoked or (labor) reassigned (to some one else). Not sure when AC21 180 day clock starts( for immunity from revoked I140). from I485 or from substitution date ?

Not sure if it is true.

I am july second 485 filer, filed with later PD(2007). Then an earlier (2004, my own) PD was substituted by lawyer last year which is now current on that 485 application.

I opened a SR last week, response to SR from USCIS told me they still have old (later) PD on file.So they cant allocate a visa to me.

Lawyer said he has confirmation from USCIS that USCIS will obey earlier 2004 PD(confirmation received last year!).

two contrary pieces of information from a govt agency!!

Anyone with similar experience

I am sick of this USCIS !

rpat1968
09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
MY PD is july 2004 (I485 filed on 2 July 2007 with ND date 8/9/2007) and I did not get any approvals so I opened a SR on 09/03/09.

Yesterday I received a "DISTURBING" response to the SR saying that my dates are not current because I am in EB3. I am EB2 and had only I140 approved way back in Nov 2006. So I created another SR (with the help of a nice CSR by calling USCIS yesterday 09/09/09) today morning I went for an infopass appointment in DallaS, TX to check why the USCIS is saying my case is in EB3 and not EB2. Luckily at the Infopass I was assigned to a Desi IO to help me with my issue. He spent lot of time looking researching my case and told me that my case is EB2 and the dates are current. During my Infopass appointment the IO noticed that someone audited my case few seconds before and showed me the screen where it showed that my case was PreAdjudicated. He said it looks like soneone is working on the case and I should hear from USCIS quickly. I am sure that the Second SR triggered some one to look at the case. And might be they corrected the EB category.

Now I am eagerly awaiting my approval (primary + 2 Dependents).

My suggesstion to people who are waiting (With PD's before Feb 2005 ) are to Open SR , make Infopass appointments to check on the status. Its very important to know if there are any problems in your case similar to mine.

If anyone needs any help with Opening SR or creating Infopass PM me and I will be glad to help.

hebbar77
09-10-2009, 01:28 PM
MY PD is july 2004 (I485 filed on 2 July 2007 with ND date 8/9/2007) and I did not get any approvals so I opened a SR on 09/03/09.

Yesterday I received a "DISTURBING" response to the SR saying that my dates are not current because I am in EB3. I am EB2 and had only I140 approved way back in Nov 2006. So I created another SR (with the help of a nice CSR by calling USCIS yesterday 09/09/09) today morning I went for an infopass appointment in DallaS, TX to check why the USCIS is saying my case is in EB3 and not EB2. Luckily at the Infopass I was assigned to a Desi IO to help me with my issue. He spent lot of time looking researching my case and told me that my case is EB2 and the dates are current. During my Infopass appointment the IO noticed that someone audited my case few seconds before and showed me the screen where it showed that my case was PreAdjudicated. He said it looks like soneone is working on the case and I should hear from USCIS quickly. I am sure that the Second SR triggered some one to look at the case. And might be they corrected the EB category.

Now I am eagerly awaiting my approval (primary + 2 Dependents).

My suggesstion to people who are waiting (With PD's before Feb 2005 ) are to Open SR , make Infopass appointments to check on the status. Its very important to know if there are any problems in your case similar to mine.

If anyone needs any help with Opening SR or creating Infopass PM me and I will be glad to help.

My case looks same as urs! thanks for writing.
I just hung up with USCIS before I read this.
first person transferred the call to someone else , that person gave me an email address to forward the earlier SR response and explain the problem!