PDA

View Full Version : Attorney says approved; Online status -not approved

rb_248
09-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Folks,

To celebrate or not to celebrate is the question. I received this email from my attorney's office:

Congratulations! You and your wife are now Legal Permanent Residents of the United States! It has been confirmed this afternoon your I-485 applications were approved this week and your green cards have been ordered.

However, my online status did not change. My question is : Has USCIS stopped updating online status ? or Is this a mistake on my attorney's side ?

Can I do anything in the next 3 days to confirm what happened to my case ? Suggestions appreciated.

It is going to be a long long long weekend for us.

inskrish
09-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi,

USCIS online status is not reliable. So, getting an Infopass appointment would help you get the actual case status. Best of luck!

seekerofpeace
09-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Just a thought is infopass necessary for those receiving CPO/approval emails...if the USCIS online reliability is a concern....

SoP

inskrish
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
No. If you receive the CPO email, then approval is guaranteed, whether the online status changes or not. For some people, including my two dependants, there was neither the CPO email nor the status change, but the cases got approved.

a1b2c3
09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Folks,

To celebrate or not to celebrate is the question. I received this email from my attorney's office:

Congratulations! You and your wife are now Legal Permanent Residents of the United States! It has been confirmed this afternoon your I-485 applications were approved this week and your green cards have been ordered.

However, my online status did not change. My question is : Has USCIS stopped updating online status ? or Is this a mistake on my attorney's side ?

Can I do anything in the next 3 days to confirm what happened to my case ? Suggestions appreciated.

It is going to be a long long long weekend for us.

Congratulations!

rb_248
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Congratulations!

Thanks. But, I am still not sure if I can start celebrating.

rb_248
09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
No. If you receive the CPO email, then approval is guaranteed, whether the online status changes or not. For some people, including my two dependants, there was neither the CPO email nor the status change, but the cases got approved.

That's exactly what happened to our AP cases last year. No online updates but, got the APs in the mail.

seekerofpeace
09-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Inshkrish,
You mentioned only you got welcome email not your dependents...I am confused...for me I received the approval email but no status change for my wife even on the telephone check , she opened a SR on Friday...

Were your dependents approved when you checked on telephone or how did you come to know that their cases got approved (by postal mail or phone?)....my lawyer also mentioned my name only ofcourse he received the same CRIS mail that I received....

I am not sure how to check...if online is not reliable...

Regards,

SoP

inskrish
09-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Inshkrish,
You mentioned only you got welcome email not your dependents...I am confused...for me I received the approval email but no status change for my wife even on the telephone check , she opened a SR on Friday...

Were your dependents approved when you checked on telephone or how did you come to know that their cases got approved (by postal mail or phone?)....my lawyer also mentioned my name only ofcourse he received the same CRIS mail that I received....

I am not sure how to check...if online is not reliable...

Regards,

SoP

I had an Infopass appointment. The IO checked the status of my two dependants and confirmed that their cases were also approved, although the online status still says their cases are pending.

seekerofpeace
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Inskrish,
Do I need to take separate appointments for my wife....I mean can I take one appointment on one Receipt # and check the status of hers too at infopass? On telephone call they always ask for the applicant when checking the status.

I'll take an infopass then...did u call us the customer service before the infopass...I am sure they'd have told you that your dependents are approved...I am sure infopass agent see the same screen as the customer reps at the Nat serv centers.

Thanks,

SoP

inskrish
09-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Inskrish,
Do I need to take separate appointments for my wife....I mean can I take one appointment on one Receipt # and check the status of hers too at infopass? On telephone call they always ask for the applicant when checking the status.

I'll take an infopass then...did u call us the customer service before the infopass...I am sure they'd have told you that your dependents are approved...I am sure infopass agent see the same screen as the customer reps at the Nat serv centers.

Thanks,

SoP
Hi SeekerOfPeace,
It is a general rule that the each adult applicant should be physically present at the USCIS office for the Infopass appointments, but the the IO that I had appointment with was very informative and cooperative. So, I was able to get the case details for my wife and dependant, but this may not be the case with other locations and IOs. No, The Infopass IOs can get more information about our cases than the NSC Level 1 customer reps.