PDA

View Full Version : Issue with parents names in passport and birth certificate(sponsor)

braindrain
09-03-2009, 12:45 AM
I am planning to sponsor visitors visa for my parents and and based on the available documentation I need to submit my birth certificate as part of the required docs.

My parents name in the their passport is not exactly the same as in my birth certificate. The last name is good and the issue is with the first and middle names not being exactly the same. Will this be an issue when they go for VISA. Should I get the names corrected in my parents passport before applying for VISA.

If we need to correct the names in the passport in India, does anyone have an idea of the process and how long it might take.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

braindrain
09-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Any help??

reshma
01-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I am planning to sponsor visitors visa for my parents and and based on the available documentation I need to submit my birth certificate as part of the required docs.

My parents name in the their passport is not exactly the same as in my birth certificate. The last name is good and the issue is with the first and middle names not being exactly the same. Will this be an issue when they go for VISA. Should I get the names corrected in my parents passport before applying for VISA.

If we need to correct the names in the passport in India, does anyone have an idea of the process and how long it might take.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

hi

My situation is some what like you. In my father passport for place of birth one letter was missed. My father from his birth time onwards he is staying in that place. so present address and permanent address both are that village only.

Is it needed to correct that missing letter of village name for the place of birth in passport ? i am planning to apply for visitor visa for them soon. Does anyone have any idea about this process of corrrection in india and how long it might take.

If not needed while filling the forms for palce of birth how i have to mention like same in passport or the correct name of village ? If i need to mention the addresses like present or permanent how i have to mention the village name please reply so that i can do that.

Thank you in advance

braindrain
01-10-2010, 02:21 PM
hi

My situation is some what like you. In my father passport for place of birth one letter was missed. My father from his birth time onwards he is staying in that place. so present address and permanent address both are that village only.

Is it needed to correct that missing letter of village name for the place of birth in passport ? i am planning to apply for visitor visa for them soon. Does anyone have any idea about this process of corrrection in india and how long it might take.

If not needed while filling the forms for palce of birth how i have to mention like same in passport or the correct name of village ? If i need to mention the addresses like present or permanent how i have to mention the village name please reply so that i can do that.

Thank you in advance

I have done some research on the issue and spoke with one or two friends who came across this kind of scenarios. You can correct the details in the passport which I bet will be lengthy and time consuming OR correct the Birth Certificate which will be little easier as compared to the first one. If not fill the VISA related forms with the information you have in the passport and take an affidavit to explain the difference in place of birth in passport and birth certificate.

In my case my mothers name is different in the passport and birth certificate and I have taken an affidavit indicating that they are one and the same person. They will be going for VISA this week and I hope things should go well...

Will keep you posted on this...

gopinathan
04-13-2010, 02:55 PM
braindrain - can you please update on your parents visa please ..

I have a similar issue that I need some guidance..

My Wife last name is spelled with 2 e's and my in-laws last names in her passport are spelled with 2 e's. Our Marriage certificate is based on the passport name and has 'ee'.

Her Birth Certificate has only one 'e' and the parents last name in that certificate have single 'e'. Also, my in-laws passports have single 'e'.

how bad is this additional 'e' ?? I wil update her birth certificate to 'ee' so that it matches her passport name (no problems in future for I-485) but can her birth certificate have her parents name as singe 'e' that matches their passports ?? (or is this a stupid idea to have different surnames for child and parents in birth certificate ?)

thanks
Gopi

FinalGC
04-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Guys:

All who have incorrect details on parents passport for visitor visa....all you may need is an affidavit during application to B1 visa. Since the parents record does not matter in India.

However, if you have not filed your 485 yet, then I encourage all to make the corrections related to your spouses birthday, name and whatever is needed, otherwise u will get an unnecessary RFE.

My wife's mother's name, father's name and her birth location was all messed up in her passport, between the birth certificate and parents passport. By God's grace I was able to correct all of it, after pleading at Indian Consulate and running between various courts in India......It is a time consuming effort, but looking back i am glad I did that...since now my wife's records are all accurate and were corrected before we filed 485.

valatharv
07-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I filed I-485 in Nov. 2007 and waiting.... :(

Problem is I noticed that name of my father in my passport is reversed example it shows <lastName> then <FirstName>.

But in my birth certificate it is vice versa <FirstName> then <lastName>....

I got the RFE in July 2009 for my date of birth certificate which I have provided to USCIS mentioning father name as in my birth certificate i.e. <FirstName> then <lastName>.

I renewed my passport in April 2010 and corrected father name, but in all the old forms before RFE, my father name shows as <lastName> then <FirstName>.

Will it be issue, I am frustrated and worried on what to do, is it going to have major impact on my GC processing as all the forms I have submitted to USCIS and my passport have my father name as <lastName> then

<FirstName>.

Please suggest I am very worried...

Thanks

valatharv
07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
It will be very nice if anyone of you can help to my post.
"father FirstName and lastName reverse"

h1-b forever
07-16-2010, 10:58 AM
It will be very nice if anyone of you can help to my post.
"father FirstName and lastName reverse"

Write to the Indian Consulate and check for a solution with them. They will have definitely handled these types of cases before.

valatharv
07-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Write to the Indian Consulate and check for a solution with them. They will have definitely handled these types of cases before.
Thanks for replying...

I have already renewed my passport in April 2010 and corrected father name ...

I am worried for USCIS old forms before RFE for 485, my father name shows as <lastName> then <FirstName>.

valatharv
07-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Thank you so much for support...

It has been 11 months since they have received response to RFE, I am planning to take info-pass at Boston office next week and would try to contact senator.
I have heard that it helps.

Minnylolly
07-26-2010, 04:35 AM
When I read your entire comments then I really impress with your site.There are good information you share here . Thanks for sharing information.

valatharv
07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Finally we got our 485 approved on July 15, 2010...

Priority date : March 2005
Cat: EB2, NSC

Anil777
04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Any help??

Hello Braindrain...(sorry i dont know your original name)

I am also in the same situation as u mentioned in ur post....my wifes passport and D.O.B has her mother's name - short name instead of Full name.
would appreciate what you did in ur case and if u r able to provide the sample content of the affidivit that u prepared for ur parents....pls reply me back at the earliest at - anil.mattupalli@gmail.com as they have visa appointment in another 2 weeks...many thanks