PDA

View Full Version : Change employer post I-140 approval

satkal
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Hello,

I work for Company A - I got my I 140 approval through them.
EB3 PD April 2004.
I am on my 3rd year of my 3 year extension (after completing 6 years of my original H1B).

Can I change my employer now ? Can employer B apply for a 3 year extension ?

I havent broached this topic yet with my current employer A, but is there any option for me if they dont play ball ?

Thanks for any help.
Satkal

roseball
09-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Hello,

I work for Company A - I got my I 140 approval through them.
EB3 PD April 2004.
I am on my 3rd year of my 3 year extension (after completing 6 years of my original H1B).

Can I change my employer now ? Can employer B apply for a 3 year extension ?

I havent broached this topic yet with my current employer A, but is there any option for me if they dont play ball ?

Thanks for any help.
Satkal

Yes, employer B can request for a 3 yr H1 based on your approved I-140. You will need a copy of the I-140 approval notice though.

satkal
09-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Thank You.

eyeswe
09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hijack OP's question..But are you sure about another 3 year extension by a different employer when 140 is filed by employer A. Would you say the same thing, if employer A revokes I40 after you leave them.. Obviously these are not OP's circumstances, but mine and I was of the impression that if the new employer does not get you to the 140 stage by the 3rd year of the extension, then no more extension if employer A revokes the 140.

Yes, employer B can request for a 3 yr H1 based on your approved I-140. You will need a copy of the I-140 approval notice though.

frostrated
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM
As long as the employer gets the H1 extension, then you should be fine. You will need to file a new labor and I-140 though ( you can port the old priority date to your new 140). IF all this is obtained within the extension period of your H1, then you can continue to get the extensions. If your new employer happens to file in EB2, it is even better as your date might be current.